My Portfolio_Homemaker

Just suggesting. Don’t exit bandhan. Buy more if there is a panic. I don’t see anything wrong with business. Still a high growth bank.

1 Like

I like this method where you don’t go for SIP but plan, research and be ready with your wish list and enough cash… and then wait for market wide correction (which usually happens 2-3 times a year) … Never ever rush to buy… markets provide enough opportunities & award patience

On exit policy… you may need more research as I observed that your exit to Kajaria didn’t yield any result but it has given good returns after your exit :frowning: I know that you can’t gain in each & every investment / trade but we learn from historical events & try to improve

1 Like

I never had Kajaria.
May be some confusion, but I understand the point. I exited infosys after insider complaints but it was mere fear. So it’s a mistake.

Having said that, I don’t mind being cautious even if I miss on some gains. Corporate governance is a must & uncompromisable aspect of business.

1 Like

I stand corrected. It was Infy and not Kajaria

If I may ask,any rationale behind plan to exit Bandhan and ashokleyland other than they being in the red in your portfolio?

CV vehicle is going through a downcycle right now and Bandhan will take time to reflect benefits of Gruh merger. No stock specific issue per se. Rather showing lack of price momentum and therefore thinking of replacing them with other high quality stock or increase allocation in existing stocks

Bajaj Finance has been 2X since quite some time now. However new-comers in the elite club, gunning for 2X - 100% return are Avanti Feeds and GMM Pfaudler. Recent 1 month, GMM is on fire!

1 Like

Note from Hitesh Sir post.

I plan to read, re read the same because that’s the essence of separating wheat from the chaff… Identify unrewarded potentials and building conviction.

“By structural growth stories, I meant companies where there was decent growth visibility for next 2-3 years atleast. Especially in the small-midcap basket. Here what has happened is that because of prolonged weakness in the small and midcap space, companies reporting decent results since past 2-3 or more quarters or even longer have not been rewarded/rewarded enough by the markets in terms of price appreciation. These are the ones where one needs to focus to get these stories.”

3 Likes

I need suggestions from experienced investors.

12 months since portfolio creation, my portfolio mimicked sensex, nifty and a hybrid index. Rise and fall were in line often with few days of negative correlation. Overall my portfolio trailed the indices.

However, in the last 3 months, portfolio is rising faster than indices and few days it’s gaining even when indices are down… Which though is good to have.

Now my observations are …

1.Alpha gets generated over a period of time and long term holding shows benefit as time passes.
2.Few winner stocks are doing the acceleration as bottom most losers have lesser weight age and lesser relative impact
3.Concentration of returns is visible as the spikes happen all of a sudden and in a weeks time the rally is done with. So timing is near to impossible.
4.So far so good. What happens and what to do when the reverse happens.

Would be great to have experience shared across from fellow members.

Regards and Thanks VP… Its been a super learning platform.

1 Like

My humble advice would be to stick to your process. Your process may be Technical, Momentum, Fundamental, Techno-Funda etc. Whatever you choose, stick with the process and stick with your story for each business.

It is often tempting to act in response to the weekly ups and downs of the market. I think that would not help you in any way. I made the most wealth in my 10 year investment journey through not acting.

So act only if your process demands it and act only if the individual stock’s story changes.

5 Likes

Any one tracking Bharti Airtel share. Close to 2X in the last 1 year. Inspite of AGR, penalties, Rjio initiated blood bath, Broader indices struggling…Bharti Airtel has been an exception. People have immense faith it seems in Mr. Sunil Mittal the chief architect of Indian telecom revolution!!!

1 Like

You’re missing the point, with possibility of industry being further concentrated. And Roce’s improving as Margins will only go one way from here on. Markets are a discounting machine, future is already discounted into the price.

Dislosure

tracking

3 Likes

Good read !

https://marcellus.in/newsletter/little-champs/introducing-little-champs-marcellus-small-cap-pms/

2 Likes

There’s an accompanied video for this. I had just gone through both last week. https://youtu.be/nfro4ReTsqg

1 Like

Portfolio Update.

6 Likes

Any reason for holding sterlite tech so long ?

2 Likes

What’s your views on bandhan bank?

1 Like

The loss is significant and weight-age has come down drastically. Not having any impact on portfolio. Ideally should get rid off and allocate to better ones.

1 Like

In the current massive drawdown due to coronavirus, I have rebalanced my portfolio. As all the stocks were falling & crashing with great speed, I thought of rebalancing.

Exited 5-6 losers and put more cash on winners. Added RIL as a new stock. Invested lump sum in MF on 2-3 days of exceptional falls. Rest wait & watch as no one has clue where this panic is heading on financial front and more importantly on health front. Stay safe !

S.no Company Name Profit/Loss % Wt %
1 ABBOTT INDIA LIMITED 55% 13%
2 BAJAJ FINANCE LIMITED 63% 10%
3 PIDILITE INDUSTRIES LTD 36% 10%
4 GMM PFAUDLER LTD 67% 8%
5 HDFC LIFE INSURANCE COM LTD 21% 8%
6 HOUSING DEVELOPMENT FINANCE CO 16% 6%
7 AVANTI FEEDS LTD -11% 6%
8 GLAXOSMITHKLINE CONSUMER HEALT 21% 5%
9 PROCTER AND GAMBLE HEALTH LTD 17% 4%
10 BERGER PAINTS INDIA LTD 0% 4%
11 MARUTI SUZUKI INDIA LTD -11% 3%
12 BRITANNIA INDUSTRIES LTD -2% 3%
13 HDFC BANK LIMITED 1% 3%
14 ATUL LIMITED 2% 3%
15 KOTAK MAHINDRA BANK LTD -8% 3%
16 VARUN BEVERAGES LIMITED 11% 2%
17 RELIANCE INDUSTRIES 1% 2%
18 P I INDUSTRIES LTD -4% 2%
19 BATA INDIA LIMITED -15% 1%
20 MARICO LIMITED -33% 1%
21 ASTRAZENECA PHARMA INDIA LTD 4% 1%
22 ASTRAL POLY TECHNIK LIMITED -8% 1%
Total 20% 100%
5 Likes

Just a question, with 22 stocks , plus MF’s isn’t it over-diversification ?
The above porfolio is apt, why note allocate 100% to above, I just want to understand your thought process…