My Portfolio for long term

Hi Jaishish, good solid portfolio for long term.

but why are you so confident for Info Edge despite it’s ROE is very low at 1.7 and stock is very highly valued. Why do you prefer Info Edge over other good IT stocks like Mindtree & Mastek…

Do these have equal allocation? All good names but why invest in #1, 2 and 3 companies in a particular sector?

Infoedge is the only play on the start up ecosystem…they are invested in companies like zomato and policybazaar which have turned out to be unicorns and they would continue with that strategy apart from their core like Naukri and Jeevansaathi…
Coming to your question about traditional IT services companies…though their valuations are less, it is less for a reason…these companies revenues and profits grow in single digits…Mastek is a good company in digital space, but being invested in Happiest minds covers that aspect…

All don’t have equal allocation…the companies mentioned are in decreasing order of their allocation…None of the companies is allocated more than 8% and none less than 2%…The idea is to keep riding the winners and if there are any laggards then they will be pruned…
Coming to the sector leaders, if you see in India all the profits are going to a handful of companies…its like the winner takes it all story, so the leaders in the segments are better placed to consolidate their position as market leaders…

Hi All,

My latest PF in order of wtages:

1. Deepak Nitrite
  2. Alkyl Amines
  3. Bajaj Finance
  4. HDFC Bank
  5. Infoedge
  6. Divis Labs
  7. Laurus Labs
  8. Asian Paints
  9. Jubilant Ingrevia
  10. Balaji Amines
  11. Tata Consumer
  12. Pidilite
  13. Happiest Minds
  14. Aarti Industries
  15. Garware Tech Fibres
  16. Kotak Bank
  17. Route Mobile
  18. APL Apollo
  19. Gland Pharma
  20. Polycab
  21. Astral
  22. Acrysil
  23. Navin Fluorine
  24. SRF
  25. Relaxo
  26. Jubilant Foods
  27. CAMS
  28. Rajratan
    26.IEX
  29. Mastek
  30. Polymed
  31. Ion Exchange
  32. Globus Spirits

PF needs a bit of trimming, will be doing so gradually as the bull cycle comes to an end.

1 Like

My list of multibaggers which I am still holding from my initial buy price (I entered into direct equity investing in last 3.5 years)

1. Deepak Nitrite - 10x
  2. SRF - 7x
  3. Aarti Industries - 5x
  4. Bajaj Finance - 4.5x
  5. Alkyl Amines - 4x
  6. Adani Gas - 4x (now exited)
  7. GMM Pfaudler - 6x (now exited)
  8. Indiamart - 6x (now exited)
  9. Infoedge - 4x
  10. Polycab - 4x
  11. Astral - 4x
  12. Navin Flourine - 6x
  13. Tata Elxsi - 3.5x
  14. Happiest minds - 4x
  15. Polymed - 4x
  16. Jubilant Ingrevia - 3x
  17. LTI - 3x (Now exited)
  18. Jubilant Food - 3x
  19. Divis - 3x
  20. Laurus Labs - 4x
  21. Tata Steel - 3x
  22. CAMS - 3x
  23. Hindalco - 2.5x
  24. Trident - 3x
  25. Titan - 3x
  26. Gland - 2x
  27. Garware Tech Fibres - 3x
  28. Galaxy Surfactants - 2x
  29. Route Mobile - 2x
  30. Asian Paints - 2x
  31. Ion Exchange - 7x
  32. Gujarat Gas - 4x
  33. HDFC Life - 2x
9 Likes

Not to undermine your stellar performance in last 3.5 years…looking at 33 2x to 10x in small span of time from a single stock picker makes me think market may be at an intermittent top…I generally do not try to think of overall market tops etc. but above data is something to think on…(not for me to compulsorily act but only for academic purposes)…is there a similarity of such results by good individual investors from 2005-08 or 1997-2000 or 2015-18…?

Out of 33 names above, I hold 4 in 1% or more value of my portfolio and only 1 stock with more than 3% value (it is an approx 10% holding for me and I am pretty comfortable with its valuations). That gives me a sense of comfort that the names I hold do not appear in such tremendous returns category and I do not have a sense of urgency to act based on an impending top of market or whatever direction it takes as although they do have some froth but they can manage it in case of a downturn…

Other than the above thought which came to my mind and I thought to write it down, I must congratulate you for the tremendous performance.

How much has your overall portfolio grown in last 3.5 years? And do you think such performance is something to be a concern? Thanks

I think the returns has a lot to do with the current bull market as I see that many of these stocks have undergone huge PE expansion, though those were cheap when I had initially bought it…
Normally you should try to make ur PF 3-5x in 3-4 years of bull run after which ur PF will consolidate and you pick the value stocks for the next bull run…though I was not in the market in earlier bull runs, but those scenarios remain same always…
My PF in last 3.5 years has given an XIRR of somewhere between 40-45%, though these are very unrealistic numbers…my target is somewhere around 15-18% so that my capital can double every 4-5 years…im more grounded as I feel these returns are not sustainable and will be soon back to reality…but definitely the results has given me a good margin of safety to meet my targets

2 Likes

Are you adding more money to your portfolio? Or SIP’ing upwards?
Presume the initial investment is significant and you are enjoying the returns.

Best wishes!

I am buying on dips, though I usually put major money in a stock during initial buy once I am done with my research on it…

2 Likes

My current PF:

Deepak Nitrite
APL Apollo Tubes
Divis Labs
Bajaj Finance
IEX
Infoedge
Asian Paints
Laurus Labs
Jubilant Ingrevia
Aarti Industries
Globus Spirits
Mastek
Polycab
Rajratan Global Wires
CDSL
Acrysil
Astral
Garware Tech Fibres
Balaji Amines
ICICI Bank

7 Likes

Updating PF here in Valuepickr after long time.
Exited a few due to high valuations, underperformance, red flags or stagnation in earnings.

Currently top allocations are:
APL Apollo
Hari Om
Bajaj Finance
Rajratan Global
ICICI Bank
Deepak Nitrite
Shivalik Bimetal
Astral
Polycab
Tata Elxsi
Aditya Vision
Usha Martin
Divis Labs
Tata Consumer
SRF
Gujarat Themis
Indian Hotels
Godawari Power
Varun Beverages
Navin Fluorine
Dreamfolks
Saregama

Also addind on some new names where building position
Venus Pipes, Refex, Saksoft, Tanfac, SI Bank, Karnataka Bank, Ujjivan SFB, Permanent Magnets, Megastar, Mazdock,
High Energy Battery, Ethos, Dynacons, Datamatics, Diamines, Cigniti, Angel One

3 Likes

Hi @Jaisish_Mohanty

Please share your investment rationale for Gujarat Themis Biosyn. It seems like a new entry for you since your last post.

What’s your thesis on refex industries? Also what’s your allocation % of your portfolio in it?

Most of the blue chips like Asian Paints, Pidilite, kotak are gone. What must be your antithesis about them?

Valuations and only valuations…when I had entered them their valuations were half of that when I exited…

4 Likes

Hi Jaisish,

Would you mind sharing your thoughts on high energy battery?

How you manage so much stocks in your long term portfolio? It looks like a Mutual Fund!
Anyhow, Asian Paints is very near to its 5 years median PE of 77.
What’s your rationale of picking newer stocks and not adding winners of your own portfolio?

Happy Investing!

What is wrong in being a mutual fund? And why mutual funds have so many stocks in their portfolio? What must be their rationale? Can it be so , because that is the right way to construct a good and balanced portfolio?
Many small cap mutual funds like SBI small cap, Nippon small cap funds have near about 70-80 stocks in their portoflio still from last 10 years, they are giving 20-22% CAGR…Why so?

2 Likes

Depends on what works for u and what does not…As long as I can manage 25-30 odd stocks and easily make 25% plus cagr I am fine with it.
Few stocks where PE had gone up a lot than when I bought it and earnings was not keeping pace with earlier years, I did exit them.

3 Likes