Music Broadcast Limited (Radio City)

just for the benifit of small shareholders they had issued bonus and they have not taken .
but i dont know who advice them, they can easily give open offer for rest of shares at say rs 25 now and get delisted at cheaper rates. buyback cost will be less then cash they hold in comapny .

2 Likes

Their market cap is 340 cr. Promotor holds 75%. So even if they go for delisting suppose at 20 rs , they have to shell out approx 150 cr. Where as company has cash and cash equivalents 288 cr .

4 Likes

Yes, long time back.

Yes, the stated reason was to reward the minority shareholders. However the method chosen was very poor in my opinion… they gave away ~90 cr and caused market cap drop of ~350 cr (from 25 Rs to 15 Rs drop). Promoters lost much more than what they thought they would.

Anyone know when the NCRPS will get listed on the exchanges?

Any idea when will the pref shares get listed and be tradable?

https://www.bseindia.com/markets/MarketInfo/DownloadAttach.aspx?id=20230418-46&attachedId=83f380af-18be-489c-aa15-64f07cf5db20
Those who are looking for fixed return this preference shares of music radio is attractive investment. It got listed around 87. Face value 100. Maturity value on jan 26 is rs 120.

If we buy at present rate 87 we will get 120less 87 ie 33rs return for balance 33months wich comes to 38 % that comes to 13.81 % annualised.
Just today only their preference shares credit rating is also upgraded .

Disc invested

Any idea on the taxation on these would be like listed equity or if we hold to redemption would it be marginal tax rate as a debt instrument

I have few questions and would appreciate any learned member answering them:
1). Any idea on how their core business (fm radio+ digital) is expected to pan out in next three years ?
2). What is their USP in digital?
3). What exactly are the reasons behind promoters opting for NCPRS route to only minority shareholders (except a reason that they “genuinely” wanted to reward minority shareholders and for that they sacrificed their own receivable pie from the kitty).

1 Like

Today’s economic times gives clarification on taxability

4 Likes

The above is a comedy clip on YouTube talking about 90% ads and 10% songs being played on radio channels while driving the car. I have also experienced this in my car and I have switched to playing content from YouTube while driving. Digital, I have no idea. I have never voluntarily googled them to enjoy their content or visited their website. So, I am not an expert on the digital side of things. I have not invested in the stock but looking to because I was a fan of Radiocity for many years. If anything fundamentally changes, like new innovation by the company which will be profit accretive or behavior of the consumer is favourable again towards radio channels, then I would be interested to invest.

1 Like

Just got a message that radiocity has moved to a ESM surveillance and will trade once in a week…any idea why?

I have no idea. To best of my understanding, it doesn’t meet the criteria for illiquid stocks and PCAS !
Very surprising.
5 days back, I had written an detailed email to company secretary on why this has been done by exchanges ?
She hasn’t bothered to even acknowledge.
If someone can call them and understand it will be great.

Write again to them.
Company has come out with this clarification on exchanges:
6e19d643-1694-444f-ba2c-7ee2fd91fa9e.pdf (233.3 KB)

e4e26b26-3456-4d43-af0b-daac837467c2.pdf (239.6 KB)