Most recent Activity: Since your last login

How do you quickly find out where all the action is? Which Threads have seen recent activity?

There's an easy way to navigate to that. You need to be logged in for best results. When you click on "Forum" Navigation Bar on top banner, thehttp://www.valuepickr.com/forum page opens up, and you will see these two links with Golden Asterix, as below.

Just Clicking on the recent activity link, will list the latest posts since your last log in, in chronological order,. marked by the Golden Asterix, as below.

The following conversations have had recent activity.

Conversations marked withhave had activity since your last log-in.

Conversationnull Repliesnull Most recent commentnull
Most recent Activity: Since your last login
by Administrator
No replies yet by AdministratorThursday 19:45
BHEL
by Hitesh Patel
No replies yet by Hitesh PatelThursday 19:41
The 3 Investor's Edges! How do you fare on the 3 scales?
by Donald
10 by DonaldThursday 19:32
Oriental Carbon and Chemicals Ltd
by SANDEEP SOMANI
91 by DonaldThursday 19:26
ITC AND HUL
by ranvir dehal
5 by Gaurav ChandakThursday 19:19
Hope this is helpful. Clicking on the threads will take you to the appropriate thread. Note if the thread reaches to multiple pages, you will need to scroll down to the page and click on the last thread page for the latest post - as below.
This is an inconvenience at the moment. Please bear with us till the promised platform upgrade we are working on -3-6 months time.

Hi Donald/Administrators

just wanted to check if it would be possible to incorporate the feature of subscribing to a particular thread on valuepickr to your eamil ,Unless it is already there, and i have missed it.

Personally it would help me keep up with whats happening on the thread & add my bit.

Otherwise it becomes difficult to follow the threads & even a days disconnect can get you lost.

rgds

Yes - next upgrade will include facility to be emailed on posts participated in. User can opt-in/out.

We are aware this is a much needed feature that helps readers keep abreast of ongoing discussions/developments.

Use feedly.com … Its quite good for the purpose

Dear Administrator

Is there a way to navigate to the last page or latest comment on the thread without scrolling down the page and clicking on the last numbered page? I see that you had commented on it that a platform upgrade will address this functionality.

Thanks in advance.

I wrote a user script which works with tampermonkey to achieve this. It works in chrome browser.

As soon as you open http://www.valuepickr.com/forum/ploneboard_recent the script gets triggered and will replace all urls with the new urls which will point to the last page. when you click on the link you will directly go to the last page.

Attaching the script with this post. You need to install tempermonkey extension in chrome and add this script and you are good to go.

Let me know in case you face any issues to make it work.

Open-Latest-Page-on-Valuepickr-user.js (826 Bytes)

Hi Harsha,

Thanks for your effort.

I installed the extension in chrome and added the script too. but when i try to openhttp://www.valuepickr.com/forum/ploneboard_recent Link: …/…/…/ploneboard_recent i get the same order in each thread - i.e older messages first and not latest first.

Is there something else to be done?

Best

Hari

Link: …/…/…/ploneboard_recent

Dear Administrator

Is there a way to navigate to the last page or latest comment on the thread without scrolling down the page and clicking on the last numbered page? I see that you had commented on it that a platform upgrade will address this functionality.

Thanks in advance.

Harsha

I tried your script and it reminded me of Amul butter ad “Isse Lagao”. Works perfectly !!

Thanks a ton. You are a star.

Best

PJM

Link: …/…/…/ploneboard_recent

Dear Administrator

Thanks in advance.

Please check if you have noscript or any other javascript blockers turned on in chrome.

If you have then deactivate them or add an exception for this page.

Also check if the tampermonkey is enabled and the script is enabled in tampermonkey dashboard.

openhttp://www.valuepickr.com/forum/ploneboard_recent Link: …/…/…/ploneboard_recent i

Great stuff, Harsha! Works like a peach!!The page navigation has been an issue for a while now. Any possibility of a fix that works on Firefox?

Great Harsha:-) works now:-)

I had to enable the script from the dashboard. didnt notice it earlier

Hi Harsha,

Thanks for your effort.

I installed the extension in chrome and added the script too. but when i try to openhttp://www.valuepickr.com/forum/ploneboard_recent Link: …/…/…/ploneboard_recent i get the same order in each thread - i.e older messages first and not latest first.

Is there something else to be done?

Best

Hari

On Firefox, you can install greasemonkey and use Harsha’s script to have the same effect…

Yep. Greasemonkey will do the job of tampermonkey for chrome.

I am complete novice in this. So I had to struggle with it a bit. Because I was getting some runtime error (wonder what is that !!) :slight_smile:

So I will just detail some steps that I took for benefit of my fellow novices.

Go to Chrome–Settings–Extension (link on left)–Get More Extensions (which is at the bottom)

Search for Tampermonkey and download and save it.

Then when I clicked on the userscript link given by Harsha, i still got an error. I guess, it may work for some at this stage. If it doesnt then read on.

Then I saw Hari’s tip. First open Harsha’s file in notepad, select and copy the data (text). Go to the small button on the top right of the chrome browser which is the tamper monkey button. Go to Dashboard and click on add user script. Delete what may already be there and paste Harsha’s data. Click Save.

Then it worked for me (phew!!).

But, great job Harsha !!

Great Job Harsha, It saves lots of time! Thanks a ton! :slight_smile:

It works on both Chrome and Firefox.

Here is a suggestion (apologies, if it would have been given earlier and the idea was dropped due to some reason). Can the site preference be updated in such a manner that the latest post on a topic comes up first rather than the oldest. I am currently scrolling down to the 1,2,3…at the bottom and going to the last of the page to read the update for a given topic. This can be avoided, if the latest posting in a topic is displayed first. The older posts can be found by scrolling down and going thro’ the 1,2,3…at the bottom…thx

Hi Kalyan, yes - it has been suggested by others as well and we are all waiting for the platform upgrade. Till then, you can implement the above workaround which at least loads the last page first.