Mohit's Portfolio

Hi Experts,
I am newbie, with an investing experience of 1 year only. In past year I have build the following portfolio. Please provide your expert reviews and comments which will help me analyze more and improve my portfolio.

SKScripCode Stock Name Percentage
AKSH OPTIFIBRE LIMITED AKSHOPTFBR 4.52%
AMARA RAJA BATTERIES LTD. AMARAJABAT 3.93%
ATUL LTD. ATUL 6.26%
KPIT TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED BSOFT 0.64%
HAVELLS INDIA LIMITED. HAVELLS 7.07%
INFOSYS LIMITED INFY 3.43%
JUBILANT FOODWORKS LTD JUBLFOOD 5.46%
KPIT ENGINEERING LTD KPITTECH 0.71%
LARSEN & TOUBRO INFOTECH LTD LTI 4.70%
MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA LTD. M&M 2.95%
MASTEK LTD. MASTEK 2.86%
MUTHOOT CAPITAL SERVICES LTD. MUTHOOTCAP 3.77%
NATCO PHARMA LTD. NATCOPHARM 2.49%
OLECTRA GREENTECH LIMITED OLECTRA 0.96%
PFIZER LTD. PFIZER 8.61%
PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK PNB 2.91%
POWER GRID CORP. OF IND. LTD. POWERGRID 8.51%
RADICO KHAITAN NEW RADICO 5.49%
STERLITE TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED STRTECH 4.01%
TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES LTD TCS 5.16%
TVS MOTOR COMPANY LTD TVSMOTOR 4.49%
VENKYS (INDIA) LIMITED VENKEYS 0.91%
VETO SWITCHGEARS AND CABLES LI VETO 4.00%
VIP INDUSTRIES LTD. VIPIND 5.56%
ZYDUS WELLNESS LIMITED ZYDUSWELL 0.60%
100.00%

I mostly use screener to analyze the stocks based on the following criteria The stocks that I have listed are mostly based on this criteria (some were on impulse buying , being a newbie when I started)

1. Market Cap
  2. Book Value to Market Value
  3. Sales Growth
  4. Profit Growth
  5. Cash flow

My investment horizon is mostly 3+ years.

Edited after comment from dineshssairam

I have diversified my portfolio based on industry that I understand (or I feel I understand). Diversify portfolio and diversify in each segment.

IT 16.17%
Cables 12.47%
Electric Equipment 11.71%
Pharma and Health 10.29%
Power 8.16%
Auto 7.88%
Paints&Pigments 6.05%
Food Processing 5.30%
Non-alcoholic Beverages 4.79%
Plastics 4.56%
Finance 4.19%
Auto Ancillaries 4.08%
Banks 2.63%
Agriculture 1.09%
Personal Care 0.61%

IT - Indian IT is market leader in IT Services

• Added leaders in the portfolio to have some large cap and market leaders to have sustainable growth of the portfolio - TCS/INFY/LTI are market leaders with quite a good growth and revenue. KPIT was a promising company which is not being merged with BSOFT (split to BSOFT now - need to reconsider on KPIT/BSOFT)

Cables
Industry under stress - Great price, huge potential. Akshoptic fibre seems promising, might slide down however the company has shown a great growth potential consistently however, the cash flow is low.
Sterlite is also leader in the segment however with some problems with TN government for plant in TN is in bad news, good portfolio in telecom sector and great revenue ahead

Electric Equipment
Huge demand in India and export is also increasing, Havells is a market leader, Olectra seems to be a hidden gem - good growth and financials + an innovative product line,. I added veto last year, however it is sliding down gradually, cash flow is low, need to reconsider

Pharma and Health

Strong industry , Natcopharma and Pfizer are market leaders

Power

Need to consolidate and diversify. Powergrid is a navratna company and has a monopoly and with increase in distribution should be looking forward to a great business.

Auto and Auto Ancillaries

M&M and TVS motors both are innovative in electric vehicles and electric bikes. Need to consolidate more.Amarajabat has a huge potential ahead with electric motor vehicles future.

Bank
PNB was available at a great price after the scam last year. Business was still strong and I believed the management would improve on the business operations after the scam , optimizing the financials even more.

Hi Mohit,

Please provide a 2-3 liner investment thesis for each of these stocks. Without them, it would be difficult to provide feedback.

Thank you.

1 Like

Your portfolio looks good with most of the quality stocks. However the current sideline market will test your patience.

Do you still hold PNB?

There are 5 positions having less than 1% allocation. Either you can trim and add further funds as per your conviction. Lower is the better number for tracking.