Microcap momentum portfolio

I am keeping track for now will start from the fresh in July or so on.
I would suggest equal weightage to avoid any slippages.

Ok. That’s great. Thanks. Another basic question. Is the order to be placed one by one on these 25 stocks or is there any shortcut available?

Make a basket and execute.

1 Like

Any doubts please go through the video given in this thread, explained in detail.

Sure Madam. Gone through both the videos couple of weeks back but i don’t remember on the execution part. Will check once again.

3 stocks are different in your’s and mine list. You have these and I don’t have them:

GANESHHOUC
INGERRAND
THOMASCOOK

While I have these 3:

ITDCEM
TVSHLTD
WABAG

@Anand_Jain Yes, I am using the same dates for look back.

@stuti_agarwal I see some differences between my list and yours. Will post mine.

@Anand_Jain Matches in terms of total stocks, but I see some differences in ranking. Will post mine.

Update for entry on 21st May 2024

50DMA (19925) > 200DMA (18046); hence, we can continue without any change.

Based on ranking:

1. KIRLOSENG
  2. KPIGREEN
  3. PURVA
  4. IFCI
  5. NETWEB
  6. VOLTAMP
  7. KESORAMIND
  8. KIRLOSBROS
  9. ELECTCAST
  10. ARVIND
  11. CHOICEIN
  12. TIMETECHNO
  13. STAR
  14. ANANTRAJ
  15. TECHNOE
  16. MOIL
  17. NEWGEN
  18. MSTCLTD
  19. INGERRAND
  20. BASF
  21. WOCKPHARMA
  22. BALMLAWRIE
  23. THOMASCOOK
  24. RTNPOWER
  25. GANESHHOUC

Based on A → for easy tracking:

• ANANTRAJ
  • ARVIND
  • BALMLAWRIE
  • BASF
  • CHOICEIN
  • ELECTCAST
  • GANESHHOUC
  • IFCI
  • INGERRAND
  • KESORAMIND
  • KIRLOSBROS
  • KIRLOSENG
  • KPIGREEN
  • MOIL
  • MSTCLTD
  • NETWEB
  • NEWGEN
  • PURVA
  • RTNPOWER
  • STAR
  • TECHNOE
  • THOMASCOOK
  • TIMETECHNO
  • VOLTAMP
  • WOCKPHARMA

Exits:
ITDCEM, SANGHVIMOV and TARC exit.
TVSHLTD stays within the top 30 and hence remains.

Entries:
INGERRAND, MOIL and THOMASCOOK enter.
RTNPOWER cannot enter as there is no vacancy.

@hariharancj If you are starting first time (or even during rebalances), you could order the stocks through a basket order. You could prepare the basket before market opens and execute it through one click when the market is open.

That’s great. Thank you. I will prepare the basket based on the above list with equal weightage.

1 Like

I was going through some articles and video where they have clearly indicated that EMA is a better indicator than DMA. This gives more weightage to near data than old data.
Hence, from next week onwards, I will use 50EMA and 200EMA data as indicators.
This will be applicable to both momentum pfs.

6 Likes

Appreciate that effort. :+1:

2 Likes

So, this should offer an indicator about the strength of the market, yes? I read somewhere that when prices are going up but volumes are dropping, it’s a sign. :chart_with_downwards_trend: but i dont know how exactly we can identify.

I’ve always been on the hunt for a magic formula to spot the end of an uptrend early. Of course, it’s like “chasing a mirage”—every time I think I’ve got it, it’s already too late! :man_running::ghost: :stuck_out_tongue:

In your opinion, what else could we study or monitor to catch the end of an uptrend before it smacks us in the face?

@LarryWink The daily moving averages are more about closing prices (rather than volumes).

Even DMA or EMA that we plan to use is still a lagging indicator. It will not be able to spot a change in direction before it happens, but it can tell you quickly that it has changed. Further, EMA may be better than DMA as it will give more importance to recent data.

There are some other leading indicators like RSI, but my understanding is that they can generate a lot of false indications.

1 Like

Hey @visuarchie How do you create a basket order, i am thinking of starting this tomorrow, with an initial investment, and I will be using angel one. Can you guide me through this?

Create a smallcase using angelone then execute.

@stuti_agarwal I do not have an account with Angel and hence not sure about their menu.

But normally every broker (including discount brokers like Zerodha or Dhan or FYERS) offers this option. You will normally find this under Orders. You have a create a basket and then add the stocks you want to buy / sell and then execute it with one click.

Or, if you are familiar with smallcase, you can do what @Anand_Jain suggested to which is to create a smallcase via Angel and then invest.

I am not an investment advisor. I am just sharing my learnings for educational purposes.

1 Like