Manish Portfolio

Below is my portfolio, I have got stuck with some some stocks which i dont want to sell now, maybe in short to medium term i will get the opportunity.

Yes bank - 13 %

Thermax - 8 %

Manappuram - 7 % ( intend to reduce stake to 5 %)

Hawkins - 6 % ( intend to increase to atleast 10 %)

Selan exp - 6 %

GRP - 7 %

PEL - 5 %

Muthhoot Cap - 5 %

MCX - 5 %

FT - 4 %

Page - 4 % ( intend to increase to atleast 10 %, valuation permitting)

Technofab eng - 3 % ( intend to increase to 5 % )

Prozone CSC - 3 %

Educomp - 3 %

Eldeco housing - 4 %

Harrison Malyalam - 2 %

Symphony - 3 %

Want to get rid of below stocks in short to medium term

Lakshmi energy - 2 %

Renuka - 1 %

Bilcare - 2 %

Patel eng - 2 %

Camson - 1 %

Srei - 4 %

My updated portfolio

Yes bank - 15 %

Hawkins - 13 %

Page - 8 %

Thermax - 8 %

Selan exp - 5 %

GRP - 6 %

PEL - 5 %

Muthhoot Cap - 5 %

MCX - 5 %

FT - 4 %

MAYUR - 5 %

Technofab eng - 5 %

Eldeco housing - 4 %

Symphony - 3 %

Lakshmi energy - 3 %

Renuka - 2 %

Bilcare - 2 %

Patel eng - 2 %

dear manish,

can do away with thermax technofab selan and the last five ones which are below 2 % in holding . a conc portfolio with of 8-10 stocks will be easy to monitor as the newsflow will be much less to handle . also it will be quite easy for you to monitor their business environment and their performance over a period of time .

and also by not selling on your not so good choices , you will miss out on the opportunity costs .

regards

ranvir

Thanks ranvir.

i do understand that i am having the risk of opportunity cost. These are mostly contrarian calls which may or may not work. i intend to wait for about a year.

Thermax - i consider the mgmt of high quality and integrity. stock has given decent returns and has good roce even in these testing times. A new JV for supercritical boilers - the first in India is coming up, thou they dont have any orders for same. once the situation improves, the stock should perform very well.

Technofab - infra sector, invested after reading dalal-street blog. However, Ayush has exited from it. Promoters have increased holding by a good margin, valuations are low, low debt, growing at abt 20 %, PE of 4-5.

Selan - debt free,good roce, decent valuation, has announced buy back @ 350 rs with the cash available. I am waiting for an update on buyback, if they dont proceed with the buyback I will exit.

renuka - good n competent mgmt passing thru tough time due to acquisitions in Brazil.

bilcare - the promoter pledging has reduced and is now 6 % ( if i remember correctly), roce is improving, low valuation.

Patel eng - infra sector ?? has abt 1100 acres of land around bangalore, mumbai, pune and chennai. This does not guarantee increase in topline / bottomline but does give valuation comfort. i am expecting increase in earnings going fwd. company has a robust order book.

i intend to exit MCX later and increase stake in FT on declines. i want to limit my portfolio to 10 stocks but somehow i get attracted towards some speculative / riskier bets and end up putting something.

My updated portfolio

Yes bank - 15 %

Hawkins - 14 %

Page - 7 %

Thermax - 9 %

PEL - 5 %

Muthhoot Cap - 4 %

MCX - 5 %

FT - 4 %

MAYUR - 7 %

Technofab eng - 5 %

Astral - 5 %