Malkd's Core Portfolio

I wish I didn’t have to. But a year ago my pharma portfolio was at 65 percent. Had to gradually bring it down since it was a bit too extreme. Managed to exit at no loss using rises. The api and cdmo story of laurus just far excels any generics story in pharma and I’m not willing to part with a share of laurus. So it had to be done. I used the proceeds to diversify into IT/Tech/B2C since I had zero(I now have IDA, Vaibhav, Expleo, Just dial and xelpmoc with the proceeds from alembic and granules) . The net buyer for my sold shares was my dad though. He will be holding on to his alembic(and granules) shares for the foreseeable and il be holding on to laurus.
Apart from having ITC in common we try to diversify our portfolio across our whole family for more than the past decade to spread risk even though all of us have our own seperate businesses and seperate families now lol(my wife is stuck with the boring dividend yield Rites/Oracles/Reits of the world, my mom and dad have their blue chips from the early 2000s along with undervalued bets like alembic etc that I can’t afford to own , I have the highest beta stocks and my sister buys real estate… and we all own ITC :slight_smile: ). It’s a weird system and a bit nonsensical but it has worked even though all of us are seperate entities and don’t really benefit from each other’s portfolios. Days like today when the market crashes is basically a fun family day conference call between all of us deciding who is going to put money where so I guess it’s more of a hobby now more than actual diversification with my dad being the coolest head amongst all of us to ensure we don’t panic sell(he didn’t panic even during last march though I did lol). So I have nothing against alembic. Sometimes a company just doesn’t work in a portfolio and that was the case with alembic.

15 Likes