I found it surprising to not to find a thread on this company. It has already been a 10 burger in last two years.So with whatever little information I could gather I am starting a thread.
Krebs Biochemicals & Industries is a 155 Cr company established in 1991, KBIL is headquartered in Hyderabad, India with two manufacturing plants in Nellore and Vizag, India.
- Undertakes both contract manufacturing for large pharmaceutical and multinational companies as well as product development by KBIL for sale in global markets
- 600 employees across 3 locations
- Certifications include: USFDA, ISO 9001, Indian GMP Approved, EDQM and EUGMP Approved
- Ipca Laboratories took 18.92% stake in Krebs Biochemicals in Feb 2015
- Primary products in market are pain killers, anti-asthmatic(Ephedrine), anti-HIV drugs and Anti-Cholesterols(Simvastatin, Lovastatin)
- Products in pipeline:
- Adenine - Anti Cholesterols
- Atorvastatin - Anti Cholesterols
- Phenylephrine - Anti asthmatic
- Orlistat - Anti obesity
Some open questions on which looking to gather some data points.
- Which are the markets KBRL sells?
- What is the split of revenue among its products?
- How is the prospect/demand of anti-asthmatic and anti-HIV drugs in coming years(assuming these are main sources of revenue)
- Who are its competitor in these products ?
- EPS and ROE are negative, so what makes investors to be so bullish on it ?
Disclosure: Not invested yet