Kiran's Concentrated Portfolio

Equity Portfolio: what I realized over a period of time, have large qtys does help get big returns subject to having quality businesses. After burnt my fingers in other asset-classes, I have pushed my substantial of my savings in Equity. I did quite good number of churning, go fwd churning frequency does reduce by 80-90%.

RE: I think with such a low yield, surronded by frauds & mafia, poor regulatory - this asset class should be avoided. I may get into this asset-class only after 10 years.

Debt/Bonds etc - I have sufficient provident fund, never touched it. I am not interested in other instruments.

Gold/Silver - may be certain percentage but physcial only.

Crypto - yes min 2-5% of the portfolio.

You can Think of adding IEX,Asian paints and Relaxo also.

1 Like

noted for now I will wait for decent returns from exisiting stocks.

Can you share which are these asset classes?

Are you talking about Land or even appartments by reputed builder also?

1 Like

today an apratment from a reputed builder cost you 1 crore and above with rental income of 25K-35K. Poor yield.

1 Like

Objective of investing big in Concentrated Equity Portfolio is to transition my self from middle-class to rich.

This is an average portfolio at the best if your intention is captured by above statement.

RIL is 200bn$ m-cap company and it will have nominal GDP + few % point growth. Oil business is sunset business, there is not a lot of topline growth in JIO. Demerger is probably biggest value creation driver. Without that, it is 15% return kind of story from here. This kind of allocation is unwarranted.

HDFC Life is a high quality business but valuations are quite high due to large runway in India. EV will probably grow at 20% for many years. That means, actual stock return would be < 20% due to starting valuations.

HFCL is a poor quality business and has poor promoters. It was a typical bull market stock and returns have been made. I would be looking at different stories if I bought it at 20 Rs.

I do not track other cos.

http://www.valuepickr.com

ValuePickr home page captures really high quality stuff on capital allocation framework and also business quality. Also some great threads where these concepts are put to use. I think you can start by internalising a lot of these as step 1.

Next step would be to find good quality, growing, undervalued businesses which have good management and long runway.

Best of luck!

9 Likes

Thank you for your insight.
HFCL - as you rightly said, I am aware of thier past & my 10K qtys bought between 20&30 - I am sitting on 3x, so not worried at this juncture.

The others I refrain to comment, as I dont see any insight there.

Your returns on HFCl is 200% and what’s your overall return % . I feel a small portion of portfolio could be high return stocks too if @ reasonable valuations…

8,000 qtys bought at Rs 26
2,000 qtys bought at Rs 70- Rs 75

A week ago, I started researching - GAIL, Tata Communications, Route Mobile, Ethereum, Matic & Solana.

Started accumulating Tata Communications & Route Mobile.

2 Likes

Hi sir,

Could you elaborate on the point of why you are interested in Tata Communication and Route ?

As I believe Tata comm would be having a top line degrowth in the future.

1 Like