Ken's Portfolio

Hi everyone, Ken here. This is my first post in Valuepickr. I started my investment journey in 2020, as soon as I passed out from college and began my professional career. So with the really small experience I have in investing money on Stock Market, I thought I would share my equity portfolio. Always happy to hear the feedback, both pros and cons. I have also explained the rationale behind each investment in simple terms. I only know basics of fundamental analysis, still haven’t properly understood technical analysis.

Companies:

Varun Beverages: Allocation- 19%
Rationale:- I think of this company as a proxy play. As long as the pepsi contract is intact, I believe this company would be able to generate good profits. Especially now that they are already trying to build up their own products.

Elecon Engg Co: Allocation- 13%
Rationale:- Industrial product company, manufactures gears, Material Handling Equipment etc. Invested based on the correlation of probable infra rise in India and the manufacturing support.

Tata Power: Allocation- 9%
Rationale: Invested back in early 2020 keeping in mind the EV play, along with Solar. Still think there is some fuel left in the EV play.

Indian Hotels Co: Allocation- 11%
Rationale: Invested based on the boom in tourism after covid, and based on the number of new hotels the company has added and continued performance.

Affle India: Allocation- 13%
Rationale: Digital Marketing play. I think this could be a long term game, especially considering how the lifestyle is changing day by day, the marketing spends would boom once the macro conditions are stabilized.

IDFC First Bank: Allocation- 8%
Rationale: Invested based on the turnaround the company has made in its business operation, especially in the retail area.

Jubilant Foodworks: Allocation- 7%
Rationale: Probable rise of QSR’s in India in the coming years.

RECL: Allocation- 6%
Rationale: Solely for dividend. Will buy during the dips.

Devyani International: Allocation- 5%
Rationale: Probable rise of QSR’s in India in the coming years.

BLS Intl Services: Allocation- 9%
Rationale: I think the visa outsourcing space this company works on is an evergreen industry. Keyword is “industry”, not company. But for a new company to get it, there is lot of regulatory items/phases that may have to be passed. Invested after tracking the company for sometime, both in terms of the results as well as the new contracts the company was able to obtain.

I have a fairly small direct equity portfolio, within 40000. As of May 31,2023 the portfolio is sitting at a profit of 25.77%. So far the only stock in the portfolio, which is at a loss is Affle (-12%). Except for TATA Power, all the other stocks were bought within the last one year timeframe.

Companies in Watchlist/Tracking: CCL Products India, Mold-Tek Tech, Triveni Turbine.

MF’s holding: HDFC Index S&P BSE Sensex Direct Plan Growth, Tata Digital India Fund Direct Growth

Do share your valuable feedback :slight_smile: Thanks!

6 Likes

Portfolio Updates and Corrections

Corrections:
Jubilant Foodworks was sold off at a 16% loss (bad move, could have hold on, thought the inflationary presssure may catch up and would enter at a lower level)

DCX Systems was added to Portfolio earlier, but missed to add in the post last time. I added the stock at 199 levels and is now currently at a profit of 38%. The stock was added keeping in mind the business perspectives on Aerospace and Defence space. The company is primarily in the area of manufacturing Cable & Wire harnesses. Apart from the primary area, the secondary area for the company is in System Integration and Kitting.

Updates:
Mold-tek Technologies was added to the portfolio at 260 levels, currently down 7.5% and is trading at 239 levels. This maybe a bit risky bet, but thought of taking it since I believe the company has room to grow in its business. The company focuses on Engineering and Technology services, primarily on the civil and mechanical engineering space.

Stocks held in the portfolio as of 11th July,2023:
Varun Beverages
Elecon Engg Co
Tata Power
Indian Hotels Co
Affle India
IDFC First Bank
DCX Systems
RECL
Devyani International
Mold-Tek Tech
BLS Intl Services

Mutual Funds being held as of 11th July, 2023:
HDFC Index S&P BSE Sensex Direct Plan Growth
Tata Digital India Fund Direct Growth

Direct equity portfolio Status as of 11th July, 2023: 38.87% Profit

Mutual Fund Status as of 11th July, 2023: 7.67% Profit

2 Likes

Portfolio Updates

Updates:
30 shares of IDFC First Bank was added to the portfolio at a price of Rs 96.45. Currently the stock contributes 11.13% weightage to the overall portfolio.

Stocks held in the portfolio as of 12th Sep,2023:
Varun Beverages
Elecon Engg Co
Tata Power
Indian Hotels Co
Affle India
IDFC First Bank
DCX Systems
RECL
Devyani International
Mold-Tek Tech
BLS Intl Services

Mutual Funds being held as of 12th Sep, 2023:
HDFC Index S&P BSE Sensex Direct Plan Growth
Tata Digital India Fund Direct Growth

Direct equity portfolio Status as of 11th Sep, 2023: 55.19% Profit

Mutual Fund Status as of 11th Sep, 2023: 12.89% Profit

Companies in Watchlist/Tracking: Prevest Denpro, Deep Industries, CCL Products India

2 Likes