Jubilant Ingrevia - Life Science Ingredients (LSI)

Thanks, @Tar. If the earnings call was in June 2019, surely they would address what happened with the chemicals leak from two months ago (April 2019)…

From my reading of the responses from the company, the repeated emphasis was always that they didn’t do anything wrong. Knowing the landscape of their various breaches, one would want detailed answers on regulations, and the specifics of what they’ve changed.

A second question to ask is how reliant Jubilant Ingrevia is on these plants at Gajraula and Nira. If they’ve commisioned new plants elsewhere, perhaps modern facilities won’t have the same archaic waste management policies and these stories may be behind us. However:

The Acetic Anhydride unit at Nira was responsible for the chemicals leak, and we now know that Gajraula is at high risk of not having their groundwater permissions extended.

I’ll help look through the other earnings calls / annual reports.

I’ve also noticed that good companies like Valiant Organics, Vinati, Deepak are very transparent with their environmental clearance reports. Currently, the government site is down, but I’ll share the reports here to compare once it’s up.

Edit: the Thesis/Concall Search Engine is a fantastic tool, and a search across the years has returned many hits.

11 Likes