JTL Industries - Fast Grower at an inflexion point

I was comparing fixed asset turnover across the structural steel pipe industry and i got a interesting data set
9788783c-b172-40e4-bffb-ea8483de9a89

the JTL has the smallest asset base and the highest fixed asset turnover but given there revenue of 1547 crores the closest player Hi tech pipe has an asset base of 226 crores and even hari om pipe with sales of 644 crores has an asset base of 135 crores so how they are able to achieve fixed asset turnover of 24x while other players are able to generate only 4-8x of fixed asset turnover

if anybody has possible reason for it or have visited there plant and knows the answer pls reply as it would be of great help.

12 Likes

Bang on!! Interesting data comparison, JTL seems odd one out when compared to industry peers.

How much of it do you think is cyclical and how much will be sustainable and consistent in the long run?

This is too good !..I mean the particular number 24x asset turnoverā€¦highest amongst packā€¦is it too good to believe ?

I hope some expert can throw light on thisā€¦while i am invested Iā€™d like this to be true but ill contiue to seek more clarity on this FA turnover.

2 Likes

There is one more interesting data point that I have done but Iā€™ll post it tomorrow as I am working on it yet

Yes the number is way to good to believe and is unreasonable because itā€™s not possible for a manufacturing company to achieve this level of asset turnover number.

Company seems optimistic.

This is because company is engaging in contract manifacturin

Sales to FA ratio raises eye brows.
How is it even possible, when your peers are not even close by milestone.

Have they outsourced some manufacturing on contract basis, if not, the number seems to be to good to be true?

2 Likes

JTL doesnā€™t do contract manufacturing for any player and no player in this space does that

No they have not outsourced any manufacturing it is not possible as the gauge width and other technicalities doesnā€™t set if outsourced

As per there IR the thing which was said to me was that when the companies consolidated its assets at that time it was donā€™t at cost value rather than at fair value thatā€™s why asset based is so small

Just to be clear, thier IR team said that assets were recorded at cost value rather than fair value?

ā€¦ which is usually the case with all companies investing in assets. You record what was the cost spent.

As per Indian Accounting Standard 16 a company at its discretion can follow whether cost model or fair value model for subsequent measurement of the assets and once choosen the company has to adopt to that particular model indefinitely so thatā€™s not the problem the problem is that itā€™s understandable that there land cost is very low but what about fresh capex that was done in recent years what about cost of machinery that was incurred? Because from 2021 to 2024 company has increased its capacity from 1 lakh ton to 6 lakhs ton thatā€™s why

3 Likes

I had observed in the annual turnover report that Q4 growth is only 2 odd % on yoy basis. The numbers are reported on annual basis so this data is not presented.

I have arrived at this data by deducting the 9-month production from the 12-months production.

Thus can we expect a big jump in topline yoy for Q4?

1 Like

There will be good jump in topline on annual basis like historically there sales per tonne has remained in line of 45k to 50k but this time i expect it to be in line of 50k to 60k per tonne so good jump in numbers esp revenue is expected but at the same time margin may take a bump due to on going capex and heightened metal prices.

5 Likes

JTL has announced acquisition of 67% stake in in Nabha Steels and
Metals for Rs 70 Crore

One thing which looks little bit weird here is that the company is just 3 years old & doing turnover of Rs 225 cr.

6 Likes

What is the source of your information?

Company is forward looking and itā€™s operations indicate the same.

Screener / Exchange Filling.