IPO Review - Discussion until listing

SBI Cards and Payment Services IPO

The second-largest issuer of credit cards in India is going public.

Date 02 Mar 2020 – 05 Mar 2020
Price range 750 – 755
Minimum order quantity 19

Shareholders of State Bank of India may be eligible for a discount. You will need to hold at least one share of SBI as on Feb 18, 2020, in your demat account. When you apply in the shareholder’s category, you might also have a higher chance of getting an allotment.

More info:

More discussion:

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to apply for SBI cards ipo in zerodha with 2 categories .Individual and shareholder of IPO organization? If we are SBI share holder i think we can apply this option but cant we not apply in individual category also…Zerodha seems to be editing already placed order

pls advise

I guess one can apply two bids (each for retail and shareholder) with a max. of 2 lacs each.
Experts please confirm this.

We are able to support only one active application through our portal. Since you cannot make multiple applications through our portal for an IPO, you will only be able to apply in any one category.

You may read this thread for more details:

Thanks…but which holds the highest probability to get the shares allotted…retail or shareholders category?

I have no idea about the highest probability but you can apply for both the category. You can use Zerodha for one category and you can use bank ASBA with your demat (Zerodha) account details to apply in a separate category. Your applications will be considered separately for eligibility.

You can check your Zerodha demat details on console.zerodha.com in the profile>demat section.

You can check if you have an account with a bank on this list of ASBA supporting banks

Ex- in HDFC bank

Allotment Process:

In shareholder category, allotment will happen on Pro rata basis on the number of lots (since the application is in lots) just like HNI category.

1 Like

Thank you…I just went through the hdfc ipo application process from the hdfc net banking…there is also two options IND Retail and IND HNI …can we make an application in IND HNI also which requires the starting amount to be 200001…

Considering that the IPO is subscribed just 39% on the first day and that there are hardly any interest from QIBs, what is the scope of IPO getting subscribed 100%? Can it be assumed this scenario is a consequence of Corona or because the issue size is large?? Or is it that IPOs usually don’t have any move on first day??

PS: this is my first IPO experience

HNIs and QIBs generally subscribe on last day only.
Sighting such a depressed scenario such kind of Subscription is quite fantastic.
It will sail through easily
Due to Mayhem in Markets Subscriptions will be reduced in each category.

Has anyone looked into Antony Waste Handling Cell? IPO opens today with an asking PE of 10. There are no comparable listed peers in India. DRHP is available here

A quick look suggests high receivables from municipal corporations as a possible risk and one of the reasons why PE multiple is low. However one could also look at this as a secular business with earnings visibility. If not a buy through IPO, this one deserves to be watched.

Some coverage here:

https://www.sptulsian.com/f/ipo-analysis/antony-waste-handling

Very good analysis from SP Tulsian. If you see his analysis of past few IPO’s and stock performance of these companies after listing (Indiamart, Affle, CSB Bank, Sterling & Wilson etc), it seems Mr. Tulsian is getting it quite right for IPOs.

2 Likes

Research note on Rossari Biotech Limited (issue from 13-15th July 2020) from Geojit Securities. If any one analysed this IPO please add your notes. I did not study much yet.
Rosari-Biotech_research_note_2020-07-11_10-49-55-000000.pdf (1.2 MB)

Happiest minds IPO
https://finmedium.com/2020/09/happiest-minds-ipo-details/

3 Likes

Nice summary. I had one question, why there is no share holders stickiness with the company? Everyone comes and goes in a year or two, like CMDB II, Intel corporation and Vikram Gulati invested recently and exiting completely. There is no other investors other than Ashok Soota.

1 Like

One will get the good things about the Happiest Minds IPO easily in many of the review articles.
Just pointing out some Red flags as below:

1. ~25Cr net increase in cash & cash equivalents in FY20, however 14Cr is contributed by Short term borrowings.
  2. Revenue heavily dependent on US market ~77%
  3. Promoter Pledged Share of 24,122,331 Equity Shares in favour of Vistra ITCL (India) Ltd.
  4. 159 Cr loss written off in FY20. The retained earnings are effectively negative.

Would like to hear more comments by experts on this issue. Whether the above red flags are a real cause of concern?

4 Likes

Geojit Securities note on IPO
1 Like

Was excited about happiest minds… the space they work in is exactly the kind of company I want to invest in. However, the more I read about it the more fishy it all seems… https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/small-biz/startups/newsbuzz/happiest-minds-delays-ipo-as-profit-declines/articleshow/62734593.cms
This seems like a perfect example of a company that knows how to get investors into a frenzy. Delayed their initial IPO since they started showing losses instead of profit. Their profit history over 5 years is not secular at all. You can almost picture the management trying to file the papers so that they get the IPO before the us elections causes uncertainty (77 percent of their business is US). The red flags mentioned by dreamz above look huge and overall this just looks like IPO window dressing accounting(They did say they’ll remove the pledge along with the IPO btw so one flag down). However, for anchor investors to get on board surely they’ve checked this. I can see the terms IOT, Big data etc causing a frenzy in the market and due to the anchor investor lockin period and low retail allotment we may see some crazy rises and valuations in the short term(maybe that’s why the anchor investors came in?). I’m staying far away from this for a year though. Want to see if they perform well… there will be a buying opportunity next year when some anchor investors start selling and that could be the time to buy when we have more info
Note: I am terrible at valuating tech companies and I’ve missed all of them so far. There could be a market frenzy and crazy returns if they manage to do better than Q1 in Q2

5 Likes

Any views on Route Mobile IPO anyone?

Zen Hotels : Sunita Gupta / Sarika Gupta
Loans : 5Cr (2018) 25L(2019) 2020(55L)
Horizon Sports : Sports Sponsorhip 35L (2020) (Promoters - same as Routemobile)
29 Tree Travels : Promoters - Sandeep Gupta and Rajdeep Gupta

RHP

RHP

3 Likes

Anchor investor lock in is 30 days from the allotment of IPO allotments. So mostly lock in will be over on 15th November 2020