Jamna Auto 33.1 19.51 1.70 14.72%
Usha Martin 22.74 16.67 1.36 8.4%
Praj industries 35.51 36.36 0.98 13.35%
Amara Raja 15.52 25.64 0.61 15.38%
Coal India 9.04 62.26 0.15 10.02%
Balrampur Chini mills 12.05 114.29 0.11 8.13%
Shivalik Bimetal 34.59 -6.25 -5.53 7.57%
HFCL 45.95 -2.61 -17.61 5.49%

I have calculated the PEG ratio of the companies using TTM PE value and EPS growth. Have bought these over the last 8 months.
Out of these Amara raja and Usha Martin have given 20%+ returns.

Besides these I am thinking to add

1. Antony Waste - In the waste management sector. Mainly handles government orders but says it will increase the share of non-government based contracts to 5% in revenue. Currently price is range bound between 447 and 560 I think. Sales have increased YOY basis every time. Also, idea of Waste-to-Energy plant is good.
  2. Gravita - Also in the same waste management sector but handles Lead, Aluminium and Plastic. Lead is the major contributor in revenue. Recycles the aluminium into different products and then sells it too which is again a nice idea.
  3. JTL Industries - Company’s product offerings include Electric Resistance Welding (ERW) pipes, galvanized pipes, solar structures. Sales growth is amazing. Big expansion plans upcoming.

Also, want to increase quantity for Amara Raja and more companies.

3 Likes

Most of the names are trading at above their historical valuation (5-10 years PE).hence the upside potential due to re-re-rating would be missing.
Further imho one should focus on growth triggers ( like capacity expansion, product launches, new market entry, acquisition, marging expansion etc) to target upside potantials.

Thanks for sharing companies you have invested and also your watch list. I humbly request that you include the selection criteria and the data points to monitor for each company. It will be useful for an investor to unerstand your point of view. I also strongly recommend you to disclose if you are a SEBI registered advisor or your points are for academic purpose only. ?hanks once again.

1 Like

I am not a SEBI registered advisor, just a final year engineering student. Just wanted some views on the companies and the thoughts people have on this.
Second, the criteria for these companies is not complex as such.
I have chosen 2 waste managing companies as I think it will grow in coming years steadily. Sugar company because they looked good at the time of buying. And yeah all the companies have good background and sectors are going to grow in coming years, is what I think and also saw by looking at the financials.
Also, added JTL, Antony waste and Welspun today.