Investing Basics - Feel free to ask the most basic questions

Even though the company is repeated profit why cash from operation is negative.
please can any one decode it?

https://www.screener.in/company/503681/consolidated/

Elcid investment interesting case.
Below is self explanatory ET news.

1 Like

Hello,
What is the difference between buying funds during nfo and later. I am asking specifically for ppfas conservative hybrid fund.

Is there a relation between face value at which units get allowed during nfo and first nav.

Do I get the units somewhat cheaper during nfo.

Thanks

I had experience of something similar when I moved my securities from one demat to another via CDSL request, nothing to worry. You go to console select the stock and if you click on the three dots then you will have an option to set the discrepancy values

“No Tax shall be deducted on the Dividend payable to a resident Individual if the total dividend to be received by them during any Financial Year (FY) does not exceed Rs. 5,000”.

Is this applicable to per company or investor’s total dividend from all companies combined?

• For my mother who is eligible for such deductions - do I need to update Form 15 H to all companies notice or just need to update if her dividend is more than 5k for individual company like RIL?

• Sorry too basic question - on reply, it will be great if VP friend add more details.

1 Like

Sir, What is the name of the book which covers all the Letters to the Shareholder from Warren Buffet for duration 1996 to 2020.

Its called “Berkshire Hathaway letters to shareholders”
Author: Warren Buffet Editor: Max Olson
Pages: 1700 it is always available in kindle format and sometimes available in Paperback format in Amazon India
You can also get Letters from Berkshire Website starting from 1960’s till date

Hope it helps in your investment journey

1 Like

Can someone tell me where can I search for the NIC Code database? I came across this in a company Annual Report -

but when I search for NIC Code 22209 on the MoSPI or MCA website, I am getting totally unrelated industry name like plastic:

Can someone clarify where to get full the NIC code list?

https://connect2india.com/local/nic-classification

maybe helpful…

1 Like

Thanks, I had seen this. But it doesn’t contain the number 22209 at all. In fact, in this the entire 22xxx series is about Printing & Publishing, but I am looking for an entirely different industry - kitchen sinks in quartz, granite, etc.

Hello,
Does any Indian broker allow Good Till Date trailing stop loss order.

Thanks

Question on de merger

If a company A that has a market cap of 10,000 crore decides to demerge and list the subsidiary B worth 3000 crore (based on valuation)

Company decided to issue one 1 share of B for three shares of A.

What would be the market cap of company A after the demerger / on the listing day ?

Thanks

1 Like

Company A valuation should be around 7000 as it was before demerger… Assuming no re rating etc

1 Like

Hello everyone.
1)Hypothetical scenario: if a company allots a 1:2 bonus i.e. 1 bonus share for 2 shares already held, but I have only 1 share, then will I get fractional (1/2) share?

2)Is there any source where I can find audio recordings of concalls?

3)Is it a shareholder right to obtain the list of top 500 shareholders/list of all shareholders?
I saw this here: https://www.cfainstitute.org/-/media/documents/article/position-paper/an-investors-guide-to-shareholder-meetings-in-india.ashx#page=25

Thank you!

There is no concept of 1/2 share I guess in india (this is very common in western world, you can buy partial share as well )

on recordings

You search on youtube Trendlyne channel, they record and post most of the audio recordings, Omakara also started recently otherwise there is another good site research bytes

Shares of all such shareholders whose holdings cannot be split are accumulated and sold and company will send you cash equivalent to 1/2 share. That’s how it works.

3 Likes

Can someone explain what is TWO in PCR ? It’s from BOB investor presentation

Technical Write Off, please see the right bottom.

Thank you, missed that. What’s the point of giving ratio excluding TWO as it’s alreday written off the book? Or there is difference between technical write off and write off?

This article should give you a good idea about NPA and write off classification.

https://www.business-standard.com/article/finance/5-things-you-need-to-know-about-bank-write-offs-116021200192_1.html

2 Likes