Investing Basics - Feel free to ask the most basic questions

How inventory loses take place when Raw material prices decrease of any company.Please explain?

Why screener bulk deals show a single party as both buyer and seller,what does it mean?

What is the meaning of Sast trades on screener?

1 Like

Please consider below as not a stock specific but rather general query:

Below is the notification on BSE from Cholamandalam Inv.

Anyone know if we can access such reports (Monitoring Agency Report in respect of funds raised through QIP)?

Monitoring agency report is usually a one or two pager and usually disclosed to the stock exchange. But in this particular case, they seem to have disclosed only the covering letter and not the actual report. You can write to the company and ask for it.

1 Like

Possibly others are also facing this issue. This is very generic basic query so didn’t post anywhere else…many times I struggle to buy micro cap stocks in momentum… so if I am trying to get a fill of upper circuit to upper circuit micro cap stock buy order, what’s the best way to attempt it please… price is obviously not a differentiator… Does pre-open order work better for this please? Or higher the quantity better th chances of my order getting filled? How does the exchange order execution work and what is the ‘HIGHER’ probability execution strategy to fill my micro cap stocks order, which are moving upper circuit to upper circuit… Thanks a ton in advance

What should be the ideal Remuneration percentage of a chairman and other board members of the company with respect to the PAT?

hi,
what does positive cash flow from inventory represents though the inventory in balance sheet has increased.

Is it generation of cash by selling inventory?

Regards

i think it shouldn’t exceed 11 percent of the net profits

1 Like

Hi,
what does positive cash flow from inventory represents though the inventory in balance sheet has increased.

Regards

Exactly, I want to know the same. Here as you can see the cashflow from operation is negative. Does this mean that it is not a good buy? what are your thoughts on this? DCX Systems Ltd financial results and price chart - Screener

If a company’s promoter are selling some shares in block deal to some other investors and its has been reported in block deal section, is there no requirement to report that in insider trading section also?

P.S - By the way I’m talking about TIPS Industries

Hi,

Regards

Hi. Please give more detail. Have you seen this kind of entry? Please share a screenshot

he screener shows intrisic value of the stock Oil India at ₹1531 (today’s price ₹419). For that matter, they show the intrisic value of Chennai Petro at ₹2474 (current price ₹830).

Can anybody advise if there is any rational basis for calculating this? To me, the life of the investor depends on a stock’s intrinsic value, and there is no sure shot way of calculating it.

So, are they only guessing?

For intrinsic value calculations they are using a modified version of Graham Number. Graham Number is based on the equation formulated by Graham to calculate intrinsic value of companies. You can check investor resources like Investopedia how this formula works.

2 Likes

hi,

How to check industry group ranking for indian market? kindly elaborate.

How some company’s management give guidance if forward looking statements is not allowed as per SEBI?

hi,

How to check industry group ranking for indian market? kindly elaborate.

I think management always gives guidance in the tone that something may happen. They never claim that something will definitely happen. For eg - we look forward to our margins going up in the coming 2 quarters vs we will definitely have higher margins in the next quarter.

Can someone tell do we track portfolios of VP, moderators of forum for learning purpose and understanding rationale when they enter or exit any stock?