Investing Basics - Feel free to ask the most basic questions

It’s very basic question - you need to read some books.
Anyway, It means PE got expanded. In bull market PE gets expanded and in bear it gets contracted. Mean reversion may happen, it means even profit increases and PE contracts - price stuck there or come down.

1 Like

Bro, always see last 5 years profit growth and stock CAGR.if they are same it would be good.

IDBI Bank belongs to private sector.
Promoter holdings is 94.72%.

Shouldn’t it be max 75% as per SEBI rule ?

OR

does one of the promoter entries needs to be put in some other bucket?

what is source for the Concall/Investor Presentation if it not available on screener?

Please Guide

Company website, Investor Relations section or BSE Corporate Announcements section.

https://twitter.com/amitgupta0310/status/1743290954432606277

SEBI has shared new framework for short selling in Indian financial markets and allowed both institutional and retail investors to short sell.

“Short selling” is selling a stock which the seller does not own at the time of trade.

What will be the impact on market for Short term and Long term

1 Like

If it is allowed, I think, there will be more liquidity, and there will be more volatility, although I guess, there will be restrictions regarding the market cap of the companies, only large caps will be allowed, and lesser market cap companies will not be allowed, because they can be operator driven.

I think, this opportunity will help participants who want to participate in the fall of the stock, directly in the cash segment, as doing the same in the FnO segment is risky compared to the cash segment.

Just some thoughts.

hi,

Kindly share a book that explains what a financial ratio actually implies in terms of CapEx, etc. and all other things. Instead of just numbers. I think this is called ratio marrying.

Regards

Hi all ,

Could you please let me know how to get list of market share details of particular company for period of 10 yrs .
Thanks

Hello everyone,

What r the factors we can look in all industry so we can say these are hated industry and what r those sign that shows industry revival??

Thanks

TVS Motors though doing well on Sales and Profits since 2022 and stock price also doing well…Also as per Screener, Long term borrowings have all been paid off; and even short term are on the way down
However Operating cash flows have been negative since 2022; so wondering how has debt been paid off? what am i missing?

Seems they made huge 3000Cr, 6500Cr loan advances (2022,2023) must be to subsidiary companies…

Hi how do you manage your gains and loss.

We can sell new stocks which we just entered at some stop loss .

But if a stock has run up and we want to keep for long term . should we partially book profit and keep rest forever or is there a why to know when is the right time to exit

There are multiple reasons for the transaction:

1. DII and FII have shown high amount of interest in the business and shares are not available in the market (low float) and at the same time management is in another company / subsidiary to invest money IN.

2. Management slowly goes out of the business and hands over business to professionals.

3. Exit of Non-Participative Promoters.

Profit converted into cash or not. How to calculate it?

Take total of last 10 years reported profit and total of last 10 years cash flow feom operations and check if majority of profit is converted into cash or not?

Sir pls one example. With name

Hello. I was looking at the cash flow statement of Veefin Solutions. https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachHis/f9e882ac-36b2-4835-8b31-df211ec3a2c1.pdf

They have reduced 20 crores from the cash flow from operations because of ‘Bonus shares issued’. I did not understand why would this impact the cash flow statement. Can someone explain?

hi,
If any one can throw light on “Why Ashish Kacholia entered PTC industries at such high P/E” Means what should be the reason fundamentally

I don’t know why he has entered, but money managers don’t start their work from numerical metrics. They get to know the business, in detail, and take positions as per their outlook of the business. We, as retail, start with metrics, screeners, as our resources are limited, including time. Managers have teams, they have people who dig up all the necessary information and data, not to mention the channels and connections they have, using which, managers take decisions along with their own experience and philosophies.

So, we might be playing in the same filed, in fact the same game, but the way the game is played is different.

3 Likes

Does anyone invest in US equity or mutual funds? I am in US and struggling to invest in US stocks due to below reasons.

1. It is hard to find companies apart from FAANG stocks and some other stocks like Costco etc? How do we find good mid and small cap companies in US? Since most of us are born in India and know most of the companies since we have consumed their product. Atleast I am facing this challenge.

2. Any mutual funds which can give 15% type of return in US

3. Is there any small case concept in US? I couldn’t find similar concept here

4. Are there any good forum like our favorite value pickr for US stocks as well?

5. Any good investors to follow for US equities?

Any pointers for US equities will be appreciated