Investing Basics - Feel free to ask the most basic questions

There are number of ways one could do that, because learning is not the same for everyone. One can start with the traditional way of learning through books way to have good understanding about the overall structure of the markets, businesses, concepts, as books are detailed, focused works. If you already have some idea, then you can watch videos to know how some concepts actually work. We can also get some broad understanding from reading articles which explain different concepts, or spend time in forums like VP and read what intrigues you.

Learning can be structured like learning alphabets, words, and then sentences, or we can learn in bits and pieces and try to put them together. It can be done concept by concept, or getting a broad understanding about various concepts, enough to start go forward, if we want to go forward soon, and the learning continues.

Deep understanding is the next level, as the word says, we can go deep only when he have good understanding. Can we talk to the governor of RBI right after getting a job in the bank? I am guessing not.

Business models could be different for different companies even if they are in the same industry. A company’s business model can be different if the management wants to do things differently, if the nature of the business permits.

Choose an option which suits you, there are many many ways to do this, but no matter the option, all of this takes time, if you are now. And there is always some evolution, as there are new things to learn, or we look at things in a different way as we gain experience. It will take time to settle down with a certain philosophy and process.

Here are list of books from Dr. Hitesh, if you want to go the books way.

I am in learning phase too, so take the essence of what I am saying, and choose your own way.

2 Likes