Introducing phreakonomics.in - Finance tools

Hello, I am trying to look up export data for quartz slabs (Not really sure if we export as quartz slabs … one side polished or not). I want to correlate what has been provided at https://stoneupdate.com/us-stone-imports/statwatch-monthly-report/1693-statwatch-january-2019-granite-moving-up. Looking for the 300% jump the article mentions.

I get the export data for granite slabs… https://phreakonomics.in/export-import/micro-individual?startDate=2000-04-01&endDate=2019-05-01&currency=inr&hscode_commodity=5355&type=exports&consolidation=fy

but not for quartz slab. If you can point me to the source of your data (if publically available…) I can check the source and verify what is going on.

Thanks for the tool.

@kenshin - You can get the data for quartz slabs here

There is indeed a nearly 300% jump

For people wondering about the lack of new features - I am doing a ground-up rewrite of the portal in a different programming language (moved to python) since a lot of my analysis modules and tools are in python. Thought it would be easier to do the transition right now than later. Hope to have something ready in a month or so, if I don’t get exceptionally busy as I have been these last few months.

3 Likes

@phreakv6 market cap of some of the companies are not correct in 52 week high low list for example dil, Bajaj finance

Hi Phreak ,how about creating an Android App…

with great n crisp datas like Silver Cross Stocks,Golden Cross Stocks…

it will be extremely helpful for guys like me roaming around…

please try…thank you

Hi

Was looking for an appropriate thread to share a small tool which I thought could be helpful but couldn’t find one so I thought will put it here. Its a google sheet to find out beta of a stock. The instructions on the sheet are self explanatory. You can make a copy of the sheet for your perusal.

Regards
Deepak

9 Likes

Hi @phreakv6

In your shareholding analysis, can you please insert a row indicating number of shareholder holding below Rs 2 lakh just below the retail investor percentage holding. That would be quite useful in identifying the broad A/D trends.

1 Like

Hi Phreak
Can we have list of stocks at lifetime low PE ?

Hi

Sharing another tool for quickly getting CAGRs of NSE listed stocks. As usual it is a google sheet.

Please find link below:

Thanks & regards
Deepak

3 Likes

@phreakv6

Thanks for great tool.

Is all shareholding pattern updates automatically.

I still not able to see share holding pattern for Sep and dec quarter for KRBL

https://phreakonomics.in/shareholding/index/KRBL

Announcement:

https://www.bseindia.com/corporates/shpSecurities.aspx?scripcd=530813&qtrid=104.00

Sorry I haven’t been active here guys. I am building some stuff on and off as I find time but I have several exciting things competing for time so this has become an abandoned child for over a year now.

To kick things off, here is some analysis I did for Future group companies. This is about Promoter pledging in general. Here is Future group companies’ Promoter shareholding pledge movement over the last few years. There are 6 businesses in this group being traded although they are all in complementary lines of business. That in itself should be a red flag. The only reason why someone would do this is playing the market aka value-unlocking.

Here’s a look at the pledging in all of them

Future Consumer - Market cap was around 15k Cr at peak. Currently around 1600 Cr. Looks like the collateral was reduced through release of pledge shares from 57% to 25% post demonetization rally where price moved 4x in a year. Although pledged was cut by half in Mar '17, it soon went back to old levels by end of year once the price was pumped up. So probably higher debt was taken (wonder who lent) with the backing of the higher market cap. So essentially the promoter was able to cash out a few hundred crores (25% of promoter holding → 10% of overall outstanding shares → 1500 Cr worth at peak → assuming about 50% of this value was taken out - that’s about 750 Cr? Calculations are strictly back of the envelope and indicative to see how this game might be played.

Now pledging has reached 90% levels - probably increase in collateral to support falling price. But what is it actually worth even?

Interesting to note that the business reached roaring growth in PnL in FY18 through today although cash flows showed nothing was well here. You couldn’t have missed the corporate videos and PR that happened to Future group companies in FY18 either.

Same story here, release of pledged shares as price increased, only to re-pledge and suck out whatever was possible and then increase collateral with share price plunge. Market cap was 2500 Cr at peak. About 400 Cr today. Bulk of the fiction cashed out via pledge.

30k Cr at peak! 4k odd Cr today. Probably few thousand Crores cashed out of here. Release and re-pledge and increase collateral.

7500 Cr at peak, 2500 Cr odd market cap today. Strange how the pledging went through the roof suddenly last year when the price was still holding up.

1000 Cr to 50 Cr saga. Same playbook - Lather, Rinse, Repeat

No pledge here until couple of quarters back. Was probably de-merged from one of the other businesses at peak in the name of value-unlocking. Sudden jump in pledging - not by 10 or 20% by a whopping 97%.

Its high time we are wary of this playbook as this has been played in multiple businesses over the years.

30 Likes

Hi Phreak ,

Please try 3 year ,5 yr ,7 yr low in Phreakonomics.com.

Heyy @phreakv6, thanks for this tool again.

So far I enjoyed the corporate announcement push notification on my mac and android phone. However, since past couple of months I am not getting it! I tried re-login and re-enabled the push notification but still no response.

Hopefully, you will look into it

hi @phreakv6, have always amazed at your analysis on stocks.
Visited the site and found useful, I have been closely following Rain industries and was curious to know products such as CPC, GPC (which is their end product/raw material), is this clubbed under any category, also since API being the theme now in the market, any plans of having API specific names such as ibuprofen (invested in IOLCP and hence the interest :slight_smile: )

Great work.

When I logged in, it told me that my passwords got compromised… A bunch of passwords stored in chrome now says compromised. Please check

@alexander - Most likely you are using same user/pass as one of the sites your credentials got breached in. I don’t think phreakonomics is breached. I suggest you go to https://haveibeenpwned.com/ and check with your Email id to see if any of the sites you used it in is compromised. It will also show you exactly where it was compromised (Eg. Zomato and LinkedIn have lead to large scale breaches). Suggest you change it at least in places where you have sensitive info. Hope this helps.

P.S. I have stopped maintaining phreakonomics.in. I have several things developed in the last couple of years in different technologies with different goals in mind, mostly for self-consumption and amusement. Its not easy or straight-forward to get those integrated with phreakonomics.in. Apologies if I am not active here much. I see a fair bit of active usage so I will keep it running long as its useful.

7 Likes

Is phreakonomics not working ? I am getting “Unable to Connect” Error

1 Like

Hi @phreakv6
Have you taken down the site?

@preposturous @chitreshlunawat - Sorry guys, yes I have taken down the site. It had developed the inevitable data bugs from 2+ years of non-maintenance due to which some things were incorrect. I do not have the time to fix. I have a different working version that I use personally but some of the features are a serious resource hog and I am not sure if I can expose them in the current form. I will definitely bring up some parts of it in the future if I have time. Thank you all for your kindness.

10 Likes

Thanks . I was regulargly using your website for technical data… it was very useful

Hi @phreakv6, the website was a very useful tool in the research process, thank you for the efforts

Request you to please keep atleast the BSE Notifications module running

Thanks

2 Likes