Intellectual Property Violation

Hi Guys,

ValuePickr prides itself for its culture and self-moderation.

Very rarely have we had to step in and moderate posts by Members. We would always want to keep it that way. Recently we had a Member soliciting collusion for violating Paid Research services.

This was brought to our notice by 2 Members - a big thanks for the vigilance and the concern.

We had deleted the first offending post on Saturday 1st Dec and sent a warning mail to the Member warning him of disqualification, if such actions are repeated. Raghunath chose to ignore the warning and again posted the same content - this time on 3 different threads.

ValuePickr Admin decided to take immediate action and has revoked the membership.

The offending post is reproduced here - so everyone is aware that collusions of this kind are discouraged; and that more of you feel encouraged to report abuse.

Thanks for the vigilance. Please extend the same vigilance and report abuse when you notice instances of offer/solicitation for distribution of unauthorised illegal versions of valuable Investment literature - Books/eBooks/PDFs and the like.

Let us try to keep ValuePickr self-moderated, at the same time allow everyone a say, without restrictions.

We respect everyones Intellectual Property.

1. We do not publish someone else’s content/report at VP (except in cases where persons explicit approval is obtained in writing)
  2. We do not upload PDFs/other docs of paid content (blogs, Institutional reports, brokerage reports)
  3. When unsure, it is always better to point to the website link/url of any report. Thatway if it its a p[aid report, it gets taken care of
  4. Sometimes small select excerpts are okay to publish to point to valuable external content, always attributing to the original content source.

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Example of deleted post from member

Posted by raghunathreddy80 at Sunday 15:06

Hi All,

Katalyst wealth [http://www.katalystwealth.com/] is a good site where they recommend good stocks. Problem is that the site is paid with 5000 rs for 6 months duration. I was thinking if we can get similar interested people who want to take advantage of a good professional research then we can collectively go for it by contributing. 10 people will be ideal but not sure if we can get those many. So far i have 3 guys who are ready to contribute for the same.

Once i get contribution from 10 guys then i can open the katalyst wealth account. Take the email of all the 10 guys and post the reports to them.

Even if we have less than 10 guys we can go for it. I am thinking to wait for a week for checking how many are interested. If anyone interested then send me sms on xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Regards,
Raghunath

Good Step Admins. Kudos!

Much needed step, thank you.

Nice step … I too wanted to reply on his thread on the danger of the same exercise. Just refrained myself from posting because I know these threads are going to get deleted very soon.

Some more offending posts were flagged and have been deleted from DFM Foods thread - this time for a report from HBJ Capital.

Please note any offer and/or solicitation of re-distributing paid research reports is not encouraged at ValuePickr. Offending members have been sent an email reminding them of the guidelines.

Thanks for being vigilant and reporting abuse.
Please extend the same vigilance and report abuse when you notice instances of offer/solicitation for distribution of unauthorised illegal versions of valuable Investment literature - Books/eBooks/PDFs and the like.