Inonixn Portfolio

curios to know, were you able to deploy the cash you had due to March sell off? thanks.

No. I still donā€™t understand the impact of this, so still on sidelines. But I have exited a lot of stocks in current rally which are not going to recover soon. Other than that I have been playing the pharma and chemical momentum for sometime now. But those are trading positions. Significantly increased gold exposure as well.

Apart from alembic, I am doing a monthly SIP into all others.

Alembic 33.17%
ITC 23.86%
Federal Bank 12.84%
PolyMedicure 10.92%
Pidilite 6.26%
Marico 4.43%
United Spirits 2.59%
HDFC Life 1.70%
First Source 1.60%
MoldTek Packaging 1.47%
Dabur 1.16%

Overall portfolio looks like

Cash 33.00%
Gold 20.00%
Equity 47.00%

It is interesting the way you have 33% majority exposure to pharma via single name - Alembic Pharma. While in FMCG you have distributed the basket into multiple names (although ITC has maximum chunk).

Usually with other people, I find other way round. Most are confused with pharma, including me. Which ones to buy - API, formulation, branded etc etc. and among the subsector, which individual to buy. How did you zero in to just one name and got conviction for such high allocation?

Also, very few portfolio I m finding United Spirits these days. What is your rationale around it with restaurants/bars closed and social drinking hampered for next one year or so at least. Considering, in India maximum sale is via bars/restaurants - unlike US where it is via super martsā€¦Thanks