How to register with SEBI as a Research Analyst?

As far as I know, CFA is not valid for RA eligibility. Do note that I am not an expert in this field, just someone who went thru the process earlier.

The best option is to email SEBI to confirm on the courses eligibility.

Is the ignou pg still relevant in 2024? And we dont need a work ex right to apply for sebi registration?

Please help me understand if am wrong,
As per the above regulations there are 4 sub rules within 7 (1), with an’or’ condition between (i) (ii) (iii) and (iv).
So we should be able to fulfill any one of those criteria.
While (iii) and (iv) are straight forward, (i) is about having a PG in related fields of finance from any institute recognized by indian government.
Now (ii) is about having just a PG in any course ( no mention of any fields here) from an institute recognized by mentioned bodies like aicte or other boards setup by government through an act.
So if we did masters in any field in India in any of these accredited college/ institute, shouldn’t we be eligible.

I have been searching on various discussions and explanations but no one is mentioning about the possibility of subclause (ii). What am I missing here?

You do have a point. The only way to test this hypothesis is to apply for RA registration with a PG degree/diploma from non-finance/non-accounting fields.

Any update on this? 2 years include this year’s ITR too. Will my application get rejected.

Nayan, if you do not meet the eligibility criteria, the chances of rejection are pretty high. If you can wait for a year (to have the 3 ITRs), it will be prudent.

1 Like

any NISM Exam Preparation Guide for NISM-Series-XV.
please give me some pdf

NISM provided PDF and online mock tests will help you clear the exam. It is not difficult, but you need to be sure of concepts and calculations.

1 Like

Hello,
I cleared my NISM XV exam to qualify as a research analyst.
I wanted to know the process now to registering with SEBI.
I read that recently the rules have been changed. I am unable to find the website.
Thanks a ton in advance.

1 Like

i aslo want to know.

SEBI has handed over the responsibility of RA administration to BSE. Pl refer https://membershipraia.bseindia.com/