How to apply for OFS IPO?

I am interested in applying for IPO for both fresh issue of shares as well as offer for sale (OFS). I want to apply for upcoming Hyundai OFS IPO. I see no option to apply for OFS IPO in multiple demat accounts that I have with brokers like Groww, Paytm Money and Angel One. How do I apply for OFS IPO?

Also, do OFS IPO’s generate short term gains like listing gains just like it happens in fresh issue of shares IPO?

OFS means existing shareholder are selling shares in IPO and fresh issue means new shares are issued in IPO. An IPO can be just OFS or just Fresh Issue or combination of both. Incase of OFS selling shareholders receive money, in case of fresh issue, company receives the amount.

Be it OFS or Fresh issue, it has no difference for someone who is applying in IPO and has no relevance in listing gains. It is as same as Fresh issue. There is no category to apply for OFS or Fresh issue. The reason why you are not seeing Hyundai IPO is because, Hyundai just applied for IPO with SEBI, there are lot of approval process pending. After all this they will announce date of IPO

1 Like