Hitesh portfolio

Thank you Hitesh, for recommending the technical books, can you also recommend us which software do you use for charting purpose.

Thanks,

@ramesh, the best entry point is usually the one closest to the bottom. :slight_smile: On a serious note, Valuepickr forum is to educate investors take informed and educated decisions and not spoonfeed wannabe investors. So kindly refrain from questions relating to these buy or sell levels. We can discuss all we want about the merits/demerits of a particular business.

@Naman, Currently I track only Ajanta and it has been a model of consistency in terms of growth and profits and is now getting rewarded by markets.

@Wasim, I use different softwares for charting purpose. U can choose whichever is convenient to use.

Hihiteshji,pleaseyourvaluablecommentonkaveriseed, rssoftwaerforlongterm ā€¦thanks

pramod

kaveri has till now demonstrated exceptional growth. But it will have its share of headwinds in terms of weather vagaries and other business variables.

Promoters reducing their stake drastically may act as a dampener in the short term but as a business it is a great business to own.

RS Software - I dont have much detailed idea about it.

Hinduja Global Solutions par please aapke views bataiye Hitesh bhai.

Its a mediocre company available at cheap valuations. If it can wag its tail vigorously, investors stand to make windfall gains . But it all depends on consistently churning out good results. Dividend yield will continue to offer downside protection.

Hitesh Bhaiā€¦

How do u approach something like a Symphony now. Its overvalued by all means but the price just refuses to go down. In such cases should we wait for business value to catch up with price performance (in my view it discounts a lot of year ahead)

Hi Hitesh ,

What do you think of Repro India with Rapples being launched. does it look like a Good oppurtunity?

Hiteshiji, Has Gati formed a valid flag pattern?

Could targets be in the range of 270(breakout)+140(Height of flagpost) = 410 ?

Attached chart.

Hi Hitesh ji

Need your views on my portfolio structure! You can find it hereā€¦

http://www.valuepickr.com/forum/portfolio-q-a/380284167#926428430

Regards

Ravi

Hitesh Bhai, what is your view of the valuations of Page, Gruh, Symphony and Poly Med. My DCF is making obscene assumptions to justify the prices that these stocks are trading at. Even stocks stocks like Mayur, Kewal Kiran and Cera are building in too much positivity into the price as per my valuation models. No company can grow at 30%+ for a long time and some of these companies are pricing in that kind of growth for upto 10-15 years! I am feeling less and less comfortable holding onto but at the same time not able to let go of quality stocks because as per my past experience they invariably surprise on the upside. I am beginning to think if my models are wrong or from a DCF point of view these stocks are indeed pricing in a lot of the future growth into the price of the stock.

Your views would really really help.

Even i am not comfortable with the valuations of these companies. (hold most of the names you mentioned). The problem is that we dont know when to get back in. (if we want to sell becausethey are overvalued). I dont follow dcf etc. But this is how i am approaching the problem. All these companies are secular growth companies. we can expect them to grow at the same rate, at-least for an year if not more. (cera for instance guided 32% growth ). Assume that the price stays at the same level after 1 year. then the valuation would be somewhere near their historical pe. i remember reading somewhere that buffet has this investment strategy where he is ready to sacrifice 1 year earnings. i am thinking on those lines. in our case, we shouldnā€™t feel bad if the returns are flat for next 1 year because we made a lot more this year. I too would love to hear hiteshā€™s views

Hitesh Bhai,Just went through your old series on ANIL Ltd, just want to know your current view on this company, it is still available at the low PE with the good ROCE. What is holding back this co., is it the debt or any other concern??

Hitesh,

Which of your scripts you would suggest to invest , if I want it invest for 5-10 yrsā€¦

Alpesh patel

NJ, USa

HI HITESHBAI, donald,& tony happy new yearā€¦ you are missing this forum since long time please rejoin this forum most of small invester are fallow your view please updet your portfilio ā€¦plz join

Happy new year hitesh bhai, We have learned a lot of things from you which help us to grow our fortune in market.Please let us know your current thought are views . We are missing you lot.

I too echo the same feelingsā€¦a novice like me could turn around my hopeless portfolio to a much better one(4 times of sensex growth) only because of the discussions in this forum and because of Hitesh and other seniors(Hitesh reviewed my Portfolio twice) Thanks to Almighty God and the seniors hereā€¦Seniors please come back ā€¦weā€™ll have generic discussions

Hello Hiteshbhai,

What is your view on Somany Ceramic ? I can see that debt is very high as 140 Cr+ but now itā€™s improving the market share and technical chart of 1 year looks interesting.

So, can I start investing on that stock at 35 pe ? or I should skip ?

Hi Hitesh,

MPS has been such a fantastic call. And your call on Housing Finance companies, turned out to be super timely, with HFCā€™s ā€œclaimedā€ as leading the bull market. All good stocks have appreciated a lot, and seems risky for fresh buying - except for a few gems here & there (Kaveri Seeds). I know you are someone who is(or was)very price sensitive and often times get off the stock, if it appreciates beyond your comfort zone and momentum has subsided.

Where are you seeing value at the moment? What are some good themes you are considering?

Yes I know - 80% of the answer is going to be - just stay put, Iā€™m still interested in the other 20%; Some of the quality names have reached valuations that seem a bit overblown to me. This game of ā€œJust buy Quality companiesā€ and itā€™s hard to lose money (of Basant) ā€“ has been the dominant theme of this bull market so far, and might have been taken a bit to the extreme too.

Love to just hear how you read this?

Thanks,

-Prasanna

hi all,

I wouldnt be commenting on buy/sell kind of queries so kindly refrain from those.

Regarding the valuations accorded to some market favorites, most of them seem to be showing decent growth and it seems market perception is that growth is visible for next few years atleast and therefore these are quoting at lofty valuations. DCF valuations wont work here bcos markets run on psychology of participants and not according to excel sheet/DCF calculations.

We seem to be in a bull market of ā€œquality stocksā€ (perceived rightly or wrongly) with typical attributes like growth/good balance sheet/good management/high ROE/big opportunity size and so on.

I read in some book about something similar in US markets in I think the eighties where the nifty fifty stocks were the market darlings.

I think the key remains to ride the theme/bubble as far as possible and make the most before giving back some during corrections or trend change.

Contrarians are having a hard time in current markets but a sentence should sum up the fancy for quality and disregard for contra betsā€¦

ā€œThis too shall passā€

When and how is anybodyā€™s guess.

I remain almost fully invested (with butterflies moving around in the tummy :slight_smile: )