Hitesh portfolio

Gyan Roy,

Thank you for pointing out those big changes in the latest report. Could you provide the link for the new report?

And what is your take on the IT raid news on Ajanta?

Cheers

Vinod

The link is http://www.indianivesh.in/Research/ViewResearch.aspx?id=1 Link: http://www.indianivesh.in/Research/ViewResearch.aspx?id=1 This will give you a table with all their reports. you need to navigate till 25th october. Their target for Ajanta is 540 in this report.

Not much information is coming on taxation issue. But, my gut says the impact willnotbe alarming.

Dear Hitesh

Can I ask you about some of the stocks I am contemplating buying ? Dhanka Agritech, Heritage Food, GIC Housing, Alembic Pharma, Speciality Restuarants and Whirlpool

Regards

Reji Mathew

I am not tracking most of them but alembic pharma could be a good bet if u have a 1-2 year view.

We have thread on whirlpool where u will get a better idea. speciality charts technically looks good.

Hitesh Bhai,

What is your take on the Shasun Pharma results and Dishman Pharma results?

I know Dishman was a technical call linked to results taking the price beyond the resistance level, but that did not happen.

Warm Regards

Vinod

dishman results seem good. flag pattern still remains and targets still remain.

shasun results too seem to be very good especially if u consider the half yearly operating profit figures. from a profit of a mere 19 lacs to op profits of 47 crores for half year ended sept 12 (h1 fy 13) seems a good turnaround.

indianinvesh guys have a sales target for fy 13 at 1193 crores and ebidta at 181 crores and net profit at 86 crores

whereas a karvy report mentions sales target for fy 13 at 1279 crores and ebidta at 197 crores and net profit at 132 crores.

what is achieved is sales of 508 crores and net profit at 31-32 crores. Bcos second half is much better for shasun results for next two quarters should be monitored keenly.

Till now shasun seems on track.

Hitesh Jee how does Page industries look on technical basis .

fundamentally with cotton prices falling ,speedo sales coming, expansion coming looks good

Hiteshji,

Are you tracking Indag Rubber ? It has corrected nearly 20% over the past month. What is your view on this stock, both technically and fundamentally.

Regards,

Raj.

seems to be a good buy both fundamentally and technically.

Hello Hiteshji,

What do you feel about a stock sweep between Whirlpool of India and Hawkins.

From these levels, it seems returns/riskfor Hawkins is more favorable than Whirlpool. Kindly suggest.

returns/riskfor

seems like a good idea. But personally I find a lot of positives priced in into both stock’s stock prices. At these prices none of them features in my buy list. I feel people are chasing momentum.

There doesnt seem to be too much margin for any error for either of the companies.

With hawkins getting nod for higher production for cookers it should enjoy some operating leverage. Markets seem to be factoring in fy 14 earnings here at this price. But what happens if demand slackens?? High roe is bound to attract competition.

And whirlpool is a turnaround story which again is not cheap. Plus it is in a crowded market.

Pluses for both companies are clean balance sheets and high cash flows which are expected to be generated.

I am just reading david dreman’s contrarian investing and I think it might be a good idea to apply the principles to current investing strategy.

**I think if one were invested in things like indag rubber, wimplast, avanti feeds, cement companies etc which were a year back grossly undervalued then the returns against these fancied names would have been much higher. We need to find such pockets of undervaluations to make outsized returns. **

But people tend to follow the crowd and thats how markets work.

1 Like

IB Power, Sintex (balance sheet repair play), Fertilizer companies GSFC and Chambal (trigger of new Urea policy), KEC International (expect a major capex on the fledgling transmission infra post SEB debt recast), Max India (Insurance and pension reforms a big trigger). currently none of these stocks/sectors are fancied and some are quoting at close to their 52 week lows - there are a lot of positive black swans which could pop up. Markets are inherently cyclical in nature I think now is the turn for leveraged high risk cyclical names.

Hello Hiteshji,

returns/riskfor

** seems

** momentum.There **

** companies.With **

** competition.And **

** market.Pluses **

** generated.I **

** strategy.I **

** But work.

IB Power, Sintex (balance sheet repair play), Fertilizer companies GSFC and Chambal (trigger of new Urea policy), KEC International (expect a major capex on the fledgling transmission infra post SEB debt recast), Max India (Insurance and pension reforms a big trigger). currently none of these stocks/sectors are fancied and some are quoting at close to their 52 week lows - there are a lot of positive black swans which could pop up. Markets are inherently cyclical in nature I think now is the turn for leveraged high risk cyclical names.

Hello Hiteshji,

returns/riskfor

** seems

** momentum.There **

** companies.With **

** competition.And **

** market.Pluses **

** generated.I **

** strategy.I **

** But work.

Hello Hiteshji,

returns/riskfor

** seems

** momentum.There **

** companies.With **

** competition.And **

** market.Pluses **

** generated.I **

** strategy.I **

** But work.

Hitesh bhai,

I must confess i am clean bowled by your approach to investing, and for your constant fight for not getting fooled by herd mentality. I personally had increased my portfolio allocation of Hawkins post resolution of 2 pending issue, in the hope of around 40-50% price appreciation in a year or so. I was thinking it was a no brainer investment decision for me. Seems like need to re-look my decision.

Just curious, What do you feel about future prospect of Dishman pharma. Analyst have started giving wild target of 35-60% upside from CMP. I know it is a good turnaround story, but will it go to such high in 1 year time frame or not is the question in my mind.

subash,

I think dishman is a turnaround on the path to recovery. results have been good since past three quarters. next trigger can be reduction of debt ,

targets of 135-140 seem to be achievable. the breakout from flag pattern also has happened yesterday with the stock crossing levels of 101-102.

Hitesh Bhai

I think your way of thinking is really awesome, Thanks for sharing with us. :slight_smile:

Inline with your thoughts of contrarian investing, dont know feel that investment in thangamayil jewellery ( Mkt cap < 400 cr) is better than investment in TBZ(Mkt cap > 1,400 Cr ), while both have shown same NP of 60 for 2011-12. ?

Why mkt is giving more PE to TBZ than to Thangamayil, is it a herd mentality or some other realistic fundamental factors ?

Pls share your thoughts, Thank you

Hello Hiteshji,

returns/riskfor

** seems

** momentum.There **

** companies.With **

** competition.And **

** market.Pluses **

** generated.I **

** strategy.I **

** But work.

hitbhai,

ajanta seems to taking support at its 100 dma. What is your approach at such times? Wait and see if it holds?

Dear Hitesh,

to start with, I must say that I am a big fan of your amazing stock picking skills.

I have a question on what you said on finding undervalued companies to make outsized returns and you mentioned cement companies. I bought my first cement stock ( J.K Lakshmi cement at Rs 50 thereabouts in November 2009) and for 2.5 years it did nothing, and suddenly in last few months has popped up.perhaps most of the cement stocks have moved that way, so how do we know when to get in these undervalued sectors like cement, rubber etc. Though I agree with you on Wimplast and also Cera, Thangamayil, etc which can be looked as secular growth stories.

As always, await your valuable feedback.

not too satisfied by replies from company and hence am staying on the sidelines. Its perilously close to earlier bottom of 360 and if that breaks there could be further panic.

for me ajanta has done its job and now its the job of fdc and unichem to stand up and deliver.