Hitesh portfolio

Reminds me of the Merck buy by Peter Lynch, for 4 years the shares didn’t moved and Lynch kept on accumulating. And then in a span of few months stock rose 4 times when it caught market fancy.

The key point however remains as to what management is doing to address the subsidiary issues. Looking forward to management meet and questioning by ValuePickr team. Then we might have a clear idea with regards to future expectations.

[ Comment too short ]

Hit bhai,
Why don’t you reply as promptly as earlier? Is it because I ask a lot? Questions are stupid? Naive? Well,whatever it is,you are a Senior & I give you the right to scold,set me right,tell me I am stupid,etc,etc.But this silence sure is deafening.Or is it that you are short of time?

sagar,

I dont find any of your questions directed at me having been unanswered.

I dont believe in this senior or junior stuff so I guess I dont have any right to scold you or anything…:slight_smile:

In fact with you I am quite pleased to notice that you are interested in investing at such an early age.

Regarding promptness etc, there will be many factors leading to laxity in answering so dont bother about that

regards

hitesh.

Hit bhai,
Why don’t you reply as promptly as earlier? Is it because I ask a lot? Questions are stupid? Naive? Well,whatever it is,you are a Senior & I give you the right to scold,set me right,tell me I am stupid,etc,etc.But this silence sure is deafening.Or is it that you are short of time?

sagar,

I

** unanswered.I **

** anything…:))In **

** age.Regarding **

that

regards

**hitesh.

Thanks.I understand laxity may have many reasons.The thing is that I have no one around who even remotely has some knowledge or knows the know-how of stocks,companies,stock markets,etc.I am reading ARs these days & it was interesting to note that Kajaria & Finolex Cables,both mention GST in their ARs.(there were many other things,too but similarities intimidate me more) Greenply looks good,too.
Just yesterday I read your reco. on Natco Pharma on TED dated 2009.Its not the amount of returns your recos have generated,its the way you analyse that I respect…HUGELY.Of late,I liked how well you were into the Monsanto story.Personally,I am not much of an analysis guy: the way Maheshji,Donald,VivekG do.I just get a feeling that I am getting something very capable of wealth creation after I do some ‘research’ on the co.That’s how I got into Alembic P. & it just keeps getting better.
Maybe this is not the right place to discuss all this stuff…will send you a mail on occassions.**

Hitesh,

What would be your advice on Wockhardt? would it be wise to bottomfish. How do you view their products,R&D ? I just get a feeling that the US FDA warning is a follow up to the earlier one for the Waluj plant?Iam sure other pharma companies have also faced issues like this and come out of it.Do these guys have the capability?

not much idea about wockhardt… but people have made and lost tons of money in a short while in this one.

1.The

markets,etc

the main purpose of this forum is stocks/investment strategies discussions.So u can keep the questions coming.

2.Maybe occassions.

Most welcome.

I am most pleased when I see a very young guy like you wanting to learn about investment and wanting to read investment books and annual reports.

Hitesh Bhai,What are best operating leverage plays do u see in Indian market currently???

For example Dish TV, Broadcaster which have spent years to build assets and now going forward revenue will directely flow into bottomline.

hawkins … :slight_smile:

1.The

markets,etc

the main purpose of this forum is stocks/investment strategies discussions.So u can keep the questions coming.

2.Maybe

**_ occassions.

Most welcome.

I _**

reports.

Guess what? I just completely forgot to ask your email ID.

Hitesh Bhai,What are best operating leverage plays do u see in Indian market currently???

For example Dish TV, Broadcaster which have spent years to build assets and now going forward revenue will directely flow into bottomline.

hawkins … :))

Hiteshji for so many years hawkins could not leverage on brand/assets and balance sheet. What makes you believe that suddenly this would happen.

hitesh2710 at gmail dot com.

prasad,

regarding hawkins and its operating leverage, you can see the benefits of op leverage from 2004 to 2010 when profits grew at a higher rate as compared to sales growth. Since then although sales have grown albeit at a slow 10-15 % rate, profits have stagnated.

We all know about the problems it faced in last few quarters… Now fy 14 will be first full year of trouble free utilisation of full capacity for the company…

How the company utilises the brand strength and pull of hawkins is a thing which needs to be seen but the appointment of a new ceo in place of the old man should augur well for company in terms of profitability.

Question addressed to me was where was the chance of gaining from op leverage and obviously hawkins seems to be a first choice candidate bcos if it increases its sales, profits will increase to a higher magnitude.

1 Like

Thanks Hiteshbhai

with 50% weightage to hawkins in my concentrated portfolio I will be very happy if the new CEO is able to revive this company.If the management is able to overcome the lack of imagination this may be a long term story rather than a near term 50% gain.

Hiteshbahi,

The current issue of Moneylife has recommended Unichem around 167, citing all the reasons you have put up in your arguments to buy/hold.

Hitesh bhai (apologies in the bhai spelling above),

I was unable to exit Shasun Pharmaceutical. With buy at 154 and current price of 65 what would be your advice. Holding period is not a constraint.

Regards and thank you in advance.

Hitesh Sir, What do you think of Biocon at the current juncture, while its a bit long wait for many, I was at the AGM and it looks like they are at an infection point now and many of the catalysts they have are close to maturing over next 2 years; each of them can result a re-rating trigger. Any professional opinion of Alzumab, KMS was talking very highly of it yesterday.

Admin/VP-Veteran, I would like a start a new thread on it - but could not find how to start one = pointers please.

kuntal,

Since u dont have time constraint, u can afford to wait for a good quarter and then exit on any bump up.

Otherwise, if u feel the opportunity cost is high then u can exit irrespective of acquisition cost and move on to something better.

Personally I would opt for the second option. You can decide your own path.

Alzumab is a biological molecule which is supposed to be effective in psoriasis. But since till now nothing curative has been found for psoriasis, one has to find out how effective is alzumab in psoriasis… and how costly it is.

With the recent quarterly results there has been a shift in investor mindset towards optimism in biocon… If results continue to be good there could be good upsides. Till now, erratic results have been the bane of Biocon.