Hitesh portfolio

Hello @hitesh2710 Ji
If you are tracking, can you pls share your view on stride pharma and proposed demerger of stelis

Thanks

3 Likes

@hitesh2710 In this market, visaka really looks under-priced, esp with their expansion plans… any views on the company’s fundamentals?

@Malhar_Manek

If you are looking at bajaj steel for a period of 3 to 5 years, you need to dig a bit more. In your document I could not find what the company’s business is and what are the growth triggers lined up. So it needs a bit more work up. The most obvious question is whether the traction that is seen in the business till now can continue going forward too.

@vibhor_vaish I did have an ID on twitter few years back but have not used it. Not on twitter. Trying to stay away from noise as much as I can.

@VALUE2017 I dont track shakti pumps.

@siddarth_shahani We are in the midst of a structural rally in chemicals space. Pick the right companies and sitting through the ride can provide good returns.

@Vikram.b I am not tracking strides, so not much idea about contours of demerger.

@vaibhav101 I dont track visaka. But it remains a cyclical company with its ups and downs.

10 Likes

Thank you for your response Sir. I’ll surely work deeper and get back.
Also Sir, are you still tracking MAS Financial Services?

@Malhar_Manek

I had met management of MAS one on one around 2-3 years back and was very impressed with the company and its processes. Only problem with companies dealing with SME and similar enterprises is that during times of economic stress like that induced by Covid etc, there is bound to be stress on the company for a few quarters. When the going is smooth in the economy, these companies can create a lot of wealth.

Ever since Covid struck, I had stopped looking at financials but it seems now might be the time to look at small private banks especially when I look at charts. One can do more digging in individual names and try to find out winners. The second wave of Covid is faltering and because of recency bias people will be worried about the third wave and its consequences, if and when that happens. Because of these kind of fears, there are chances of picking up some good companies at throwaway prices. Dont ask me to name them. :grinning:

28 Likes

@hitesh2710 sir , Your views on broking players will be appreciated. Icici sec , motilal oswal , iifl charts looks bullish. Angel broking is trading all time high but looks like risk reward not favorable.

Thanks,

3 Likes

@hitesh2710 Sir. This is regarding your cement bets. What do you think of this line of thinking? I’ve also noticed as to how the cement companies often go into corrective mode as monsoon comes about.

1 Like

@anjeshv4

If there is one rule in the stock market, its that there are no rules. Markets or stock prices are not bound to follow any fixed patterns.

I don’t usually bind myself to any preconceived notions when I invest in cyclicals. The main parameter I follow is trend following. And as long as trend remains strong, it makes sense to remain invested.

@Bikram11206178 Most of these brokerage firms have given super moves within a short span of time and my guess is after a point these will take some pause. Motilal oswal price has broken out above important resistance of 745 but real test will come between 900-945. Above that it can move fast. No positions in any of the brokerage firm stocks.

7 Likes

You need to watch this :grinning:: Mas financial

3 Likes

Sir are u tracking any small private banks like federal bank, City union, CSB etc. They are showing good growth recently

Dear @hitesh2710 ji,

If I could read only one out of William o Neil and Mark minervini’s book, which one should it be.

Thanks

@hitesh2710 sir I want your technical views on two stocks. One is TV today and other is IEX.

1 Like

@hitesh2710 sir, thanks a lot for the time you take out to answer our queries.

My question is related to exiting from a cyclical sector.

How would an investor know if the time is right to move out from a cyclical sector? What parameters do you track to decide your exit from such stocks?

I had invested in a sugar basket, and planning my exit strategy.

Kindest Regards,

Even though your question is for Hitesh sir but here are my 2 cents. In my experience, cyclical stock investing works better with momentum investing so we should follow 20/50day EMA strategy… anytime stock closes below any of these levels should be sold (20 EMA is for aggressive investing).

5 Likes

@Zuhaib_Khan

As sandeep tyagi mentioned, cyclical investing is all about momentum and selling is about looking out for distribution/loss of momentum. Sugar sector stocks went up a lot in the final blowout phase and usually in cyclical stocks, blowout rallies are first sign of impending top. I had exited during that blowout phase. The timeline of topping out of individual stocks may vary by a few days. Entry is the all important factor in cyclical investing. If bought at right time and price, a lot of mistakes in selling are pardoned. You can follow a short term moving average like 20 day or something you are comfortable with or follow momentum indicators or divergences in these indicators… anything that works for you. If you are fundamental investor, there are often tell tale signs of impending trouble. Too much buzz around sector in social media, news channels, forums, other friends who have no clue about investing asking for tips on the sector etc.

@Ajjugattu TV Today has given a strong breakout above 290-300 range (can be support going ahead) and has a small resistance between 340-350. Seems to be in a strong uptrend. IEX seems to be a bit stretched after a sharp run up and might consolidate/correct before moving up.

14 Likes

@sarthakkumar19_

William O neil is the father of momentum investing. I would rank his book ahead of Mark Minervini’s book. You will get to see many more methods of momentum investing from William O neil as compared to Minervini.

Basically the fundamental concept of all momentum investing is to look out for strong breakouts from very strong technical bases. These bases can be in the form of triangular, rectangular, rounding, flag like, cup and handle, etc kind of consolidations. And when these bases occur around important technical landmarks like 52 week highs, 2,3 or more year highs, or all time highs then these are very good in terms of returns post breakout.

An interesting example for long term investing I can provide is of 3M India. Stock price hit an all time high of 26662 in Nov 2018 and then underwent a long term flag like consolidation for nearly 30 months. And then in March 21 it gave a breakout and went up to post a fresh ATH of 30848 andn since then has been trying to consolidate in and around the region of previous top. The range of earlier top of 24-26k now seems to be offering support for consolidation. Once this consolidation is over and a fresh upside breakout happens, it can give good returns. As of now it only remains in my watchlist but since the example is quite classical I mentioned it here. Please take it only as an example and not a recommendation.

32 Likes

@Nibin_Issac

At current juncture, bank nifty index chart itself looks quite strong and ready to breakout. Most stocks from the sector seem good momentum candidates. One can create a basket approach and ride the momentum. All this is based on chart patterns.

Fundamentally there will be different factors at work in different banks so one will need to do a lot more digging. Thankfully, most of them give detailed presentations and conduct regular concalls and hence its easy to do research. For those who are not too confident about one or two stocks from the sector, a basket approach or a bank nifty etf can be considered.

14 Likes

Hi Hitesh,

I also like Stan Weinstein(Secrets for profiting in bull and bear market) book which clearly explains the Wycoff theory and also various market stages, he is very much encourages positional type of trading for longer term and also to enter in when the market is in stage 2, he only refers to weekly chart and 200 DMA or 30 Weekly moving average.

Regards,
Chethan

1 Like

Hitesh Bhai

How do you see laurus now? Hitting Lifetime highs one after another.

@hitesh2710 CDMO sector having sector tailwinds…which company management u r more confident apart from
1.LAURUS ( shifting from from ARV TO CDMO)
2. SYNGENE ( FROM CRM TO CDMO)