Hitesh portfolio

Usually there are super bullish projections in the stocks concerned, in terms of eps, sales and stock price targets.

Even those holding the stock get carried away with the momentum of stock price.

On charts there is high volatility with huge volumes and this happens after sharp run ups. Plus there are some candlestick or such other patterns like head and shoulders top or such other patterns often.

Hiteshbhai,

If i may add to what you described on identifying tops

Whenever Udayan, Mitali and Sonia start discussing a stock repeatedly on CNBC TV18 - i conclude that it has topped out and decide to sell it

Exception - NIFTY & SENSEX stocks !

Thanks, Hitesh. That helps.

Hiteshji,

Is this a right time to start sipping Mayur ?

At the CMP of 410/-, the stock is trading at a PE of 10.57 with a div yeild of 1.65%. i.e. a 20% grower at PE of 10.

Regards

Yes mayur looks good at cmp with a 2 year view. Near term maybe lacklustre.

Hitesh Bhai…have you looked at PI inds recently looks promising

worrying factors;

increased equity base and interest cost of around 18% of EBIDTA.

vimal

PI inds seems fairly valued at around 15-16 times fy 13 expected earnings.

Growth prospects seem good for it going forward.

Hitesh Bhai,

What is your view on Wim Plast? Had bought few shares at 282. Want to accumulate more… Is it a good buy around 320? I had dug more into the company after buying few shares and company looks a decent bet for medium term… No debt, healthy margins and with new capacities coming up top line should grow in medium term.

Regards,

Ankit Gupta

Hi hitesh

Finolex seems to be recovering quite well up 11 percent today…

U still have finolex in your portfolio? And what are your views on it at present.

@ankit, Wimplast has a good track record in terms of growth and has a great balance sheet inspite of having completed most of its expansion. Valuations at cmp of around 320 are reasonably cheap and from cmp also one can expect decent returns.

@Maverick, finolex cables is not a great business to own but a turnaround company which is available cheap. If the company keeps on track then it can provide good returns. Undervaluation should be the theme of investment here.

Hitesh,

Waiting for your portfolio updates.

Hitesh bhai and other seniors,

I am regular reader of this forum, and was very much impressed with the way the seniors like you Donald sir, Ayush sir and others help others by sharing your views.

Currently am in a confusion between few stocks to start SIP

I knew that currently there are too many in the watch list but needs your view on what can be a good bet to SIP now

AJANTAPH, FDC, UNICHEMLAB, GREENPLY, GRANULES, MURUDCER, CERASAN, ATULAUTO, PAGEIND, HAWKINS, ANUHPHR, BILT, MAYURUN, GRUHFIN, KAJARIAC, ASTRAL, TATAGLOBAL, RALLIS, ORIENTBELL, TRF.

currently, i have astral, ilfs transport, mcnally bharat, tvtoday in my portfolio.

started sip unichem from last month. i would be glad to hear your views and other senior’s views on this.

admin, if this is not the right place to write, please move this to the right place and let me know the location.

Thanks,Sat

I have been moving into cash since jan 13 and booked profits in greenply, ajanta, mayur, part booking in fdc, exited ramco, indoco with marginal profits, and hyd inds without profit or loss. Booked losses in visaka, anuh, etc. Booked trading gains in gruh finance. I was in a trading mode in last 2 months for most of my portfolio. Got good returns in atul auto, wimplast, page inds etc.

Currently I am holding unichem, canfin home, murudeshwar (remember this is a lottery ticket and not a logical investment bet occupying only 3%), techno electric engg. Techno electric is a googly for me because it seems to be getting hit rather hard.

Almost 60-65% of portfolio is in cash. Started buying kaveri seeds again on declines. This accumulation of kaveri seeds should be a gradual process. Thinking of buying back Mayur, sold earlier around 480-90 levels. My hunch is it can go below 400 and offer good entry points. Canfin gradual accumulation is on and intend to take it to 10% of portfolio.

Overall markets seem to be quite dodgy and difficult to call so in a wait and watch mode, wanting to develop conviction and buy companies with highest conviction and good relative valuation.

One lesson learnt is to avoid companies like asbestos companies and book profits/losses at the earliest to avoid significant damage as these are cheap valuation, low conviction ideas.

Overall I seem to have escaped the bloodbath with good gains and practically very little damage due to outperformance of ajanta and steadiness of unichem and fdc…

satgalley,

regarding the stocks suitable for SIP investment, I think hdfc bank, gruh, page inds, cera, kajaria, unichem seem like good bets. ajanta has had a sharp run up so I guess one should wait for it to cool off. Canfin you can consider if the investment style is aggressive.

regards

hitesh.

Hitesh bhai,

Do you still hold Wim Plast and Finolex Cables?

exited fin cables in bounce back two days back. wimplast I am reducing holding to bring it down to around 4-5%. Had loaded up around 12% of portfolio some days back in down circuit.

Thanks Hitesh Bhai, for your valuable inputs, as you mentioned ajanta moved up sharply. i will continue the current sip with unichem and also start with other bets too…

Thanks, Sat

Hitesh, was there any change in fundamental outlook in asbestos cement sheet companies, or you sold because of falling share prices only/ need to increase cash ?

regards

One ideas.

vishal

The decision was more due to unpredictability of earnings. After 2-3 good quarters, we tend to expect another good quarter and then suddenly company comes up with a poor set of quarterly results. That makes cheap stocks become even more cheaper.

Plus for these kind of bets I have proper stop losses in place to avoid getting mauled.

hitesh bhai

after result of hawkins i sold my all hawkins (my thinking about demand of hawkins was wrounge)now also i am having single share portfolio that is ajanta pharma booked profit at 790 now i am in to great confusion i want to hold this stock for long and watching entry point as i want to hold ajanta at the time of result,so my question regarding ajanta pharma is is it good strategy to hold ajant while result?(as due to expectation price is already up same like hawkins) if yes then suggest me the entry point in ajanta pharma.