Hitesh portfolio

Sir, are you tracking ceramic indusutry?
Asian granito (Asian Tiles) , Kajaria ceramics or any other stock You are finding attractive.

@anantshri_gupta

I dont follow Deep Inds fundamentally. A look at the charts also validates why it shouldnt be looked at. It has been in a constant downtrend since March 2017 and doesnt seem to show any strength.

1 Like

@prakhartheinvestor

All these tiles players are suffering from high raw material prices/fuel prices and it seems they cant pass through all of these input costs to customers. Plus real estate market remains in the doldrums.

I had a look at Kajaria Ceramics some time back but there too business momentum seems missing. When things will normalise and protitable growth will return needs to be seen.

2 Likes

One book I would urge investor friends to read is Trade like a Stock market wizard by Mark Minervini.

Strictly speaking its not too much about detailed technical analysis but about medium to long term investing in companies with business momentum along with price momentum.

It is very relevant to current market scenario where there are bearish sentiments and what he suggests is to look out for companies and sectors which show a lot of relative strength and dont correct much or are going up and making new fresh all time highs and 52 week highs. Another thing he mentions which a lot of other guys too maintain is to look out for companies which start making fresh highs coming out of bear markets.

Concept wise its very similar to the Next Apple book but the explanation in terms of narrative is slightly different.

This whole concept is totally opposite to the traditional value investing where the idea is to look for mispriced bets in beaten down stocks/sectors. But pure value investing in my view needs a specific mindset and one has to be comfortable with lot of drawdowns from buy price and be very patient to be rewarded.

39 Likes

Completely agree with you Hitesh, this book completely changed the way I looked at things and a lot stock movements started making sense.

Just a small correction though, its Mark Minnervini :slight_smile:

Cheers!
Niranjan

1 Like

Thanks for the book suggestion Hitesh Sir. In the past I tried reading investment books but was never able to complete reading. Do you read full book or read few essential chapters ? Your advice would be helpful for fellow investors.

regards,

Rajesh

1 Like

This is a very interesting point. A dumb query may be - Where can I get data of dally/weekly data on companies at 52 week high or making new highs. thanks.

@raj_libran

This minervini book is not too lengthy so can be easily read fully. Maybe even worth a reread too. I myself am re reading it after a very fast first read.

I think rather than reading too many books one by one its sometimes better to read a book u find useful multiple times to extract maximum understanding out of it.

12 Likes

@ramanhp

U can see 52 week high lows in financial daily newspapers. My guess is U can even get them from websites like moneycontrol, smartinvestor.in etc.

I am sorry, I should have checked. Found it on Economic Times.

Thanks for the advice sir. I have started reading it today. Fortunately got a soft copy on web.
Regards

Rajesh

1 Like

Hi Hitesh, Need your opinion on Aarti Drugs? will it get benefit from China shut down…What are the API intermediate companies we should track with China shut down theme?Thanks in Advance

@Karthickphilistines

I dont track aarti drugs but u can go thru @ankitgupta detailed note he put up in aug 2018 on the aarti drug thread on VP.

2 Likes

Hi Hiteshji,

How are you going about rebalancing your portfolio in the current environment? Specifically which stocks are you accumulating and which ones are you exiting? I currently hold significant allocation in MOFSL, BAJAJFINANCE, AVANTI, RAIN, and GUJALKALI. Can you suggest any steps for me to take to optimise future performance?

1 Like

Hi Hiteshji ,

Are you still tracking TD power Systems ? What are your views on this .

Hitesh,

I relooked at this thread from this year onwards and saw your anticipation inline with what Mr Market did.

Is this coming from knowing Market cycles,good knowledge from books or only experience?

Kindly enlighten on this aspect

3 Likes

@idikasony

The anticipation of what markets are going to do is largely a guess based on observations in the market, mainly fear and greed factors and nowadays another element added is investor posts on whatsapp group and investor forums.

Some part of it is some knowledge of technicals. Combining this knowledge of technicals with market observations, valuation parameters etc helps in connecting the dots.

After reading the elliot wave book I feel sometimes if we can spot a clear cut wave count and can correlate other things in sync with wave counts the picture often emerges more clearer.

But its difficult to get it consistently right and even if we get it right sometimes its difficult to act in a correct way.

17 Likes

Hitesh,

Are you aware of any red flags in Manaksia. Is it a value unlock or value trap as the current numbers appear too good to be true at 0.27 BV, 2.7PE and 7.5% dividend yield.

@SlownSteady

I dont track manaksia so not much idea about it. But with current market fall affecting all kinds of stocks why not go for the better quality cos?

1 Like

@aerofire

TD power has now announced buyback worth 30 crores at a price not exceeding 256. This probably has provided some kind of floor to the price.

Business wise I would like to watch the results and management commentary for next quarter or two before taking a call.

2 Likes