HG portfolio

I have been on Valuepickr for a while and consider myself fortunate to be part of such a knowledgable community. Am putting up my portfolio for comments from fellow members.

AJANTPHARM 12.0%
AMARAJABAT 12.0%
GRUH 8.2%
HATSUN 2.9%
HDFCBANK 8.7%
ITC 3.7%
JKLAKSHMI 2.7%
KSCL 3.6%
MAYURUNIQ 8.3%
PAGEIND 4.0%
POLYMED 5.1%
REPCOHOME 11.9%
SHILPAMED 12.0%
VMART 4.9%

Most of these stocks have been discussed on Valuepickr. HDFC Bank and ITC are the only large caps but these are well known too. Its been a steep learning curve for me. Made mistakes along the way but am glad to say that portfolio is up 80% now (more than 100% including dividends).

Excellent portfolio HG.

I think the less than 5% allocations can be consolidated.

Good returns.

Hitesh,

Thanks for the encouragement - I am much indebted to your advice. I have learned many a thing from your posts here and your thread over at TED.

best regards

HG

Exited JKLA recently and am using the proceeds to get into edelweiss and iifl.

Portfolio update -

SHILPAMED 14.17%
AMARAJABAT 13.93%
AJANTPHARM 12.80%
REPCOHOME 11.23%
POLYMED 9.76%
GRUH 9.02%
VMART 8.92%
MAYURUNIQ 8.40%
PAGEIND 4.94%
KSCL 3.68%
HATSUN 3.15%

Booked out of ITC and Edelweiss and am using the proceeds to add to Gruh, Vmart, Repco and Shilpa as opportunity arises. Also continue to hold HDFC Bank and a small position in IIFL.

Portfolio update -

SHILPAMED 16.48%
AMARAJABAT 15.28%
AJANTPHARM 13.65%
REPCOHOME 12.89%
GRUH 11.18%
VMART 10.67%
MAYURUNIQ 7.57%
PAGEIND 5.16%
DCBBANK 0.64%

Changes since last update: First off, it was great to see days when everything in the portfolio was up at least 100% (other than v-mart). Thanks as always to the community. Then ofcourse I went and sold Polymed :-) Lesson learntâ.anyway, with that cash, decided to add to existing positions and also enter DCB Bank. Got some below 100 but it ran up too fast. Post-results, looks like it will correct - so not chasing it might turn out to be good. Also continue to hold HDFC bank.

Polymed is quoting at a p/e of 60. Would you buy at his price… I am in quandary myself on this.

Superb portfolio otherwise. Nothing is ‘cheap’ but there are always reasons to justify the price :wink:

Thanks, N Sood. Yes, I would accumulate Polymed with a 3-5 year view. I almost did - but I am unable to shrug off selling it since I had a decent allocation with an avg cost around 500.

I bought a small position in polymed at 250 after watching it double already. I think it was quoting at around 25 p/e which was ‘stratospheric’ at that time. Bought to keep It in my never sell list but 60 p/e is making me jittery (more than vadra dealings)

I also cant make sense of the valuations. For the ones I’m still buying (like Page), I wait for a 15-20% decline. At some point, I guess I’ll stop and use the surplus cash to do trading :slight_smile:

Portfolio update -

SHILPAMED 17.79%
AMARAJABAT 16.82%
AJANTPHARM 16.70%
REPCOHOME 11.67%
VMART 11.55%
GRUH 9.78%
PAGEIND 5.92%
HDFCBANK 5.86%
DCBBANK 2.28%
SCI 1.63%

Not much change in the top holdings. Got out of Mayur in the last couple of months and used the proceeds to add to the top 4 picks. DCB Bank is a big (on paper) loss. Plan to reduce it as and when it rallies. Don’t know how one could have foreseen the big fall.

Added Shipping Corp as a contrarian bet. Also looking at Aban Offshore (contrarian bet) and Ujaas energy (govt. seems to be giving solar a big push).

1 Like