Hemant's basket

hi pankaj,

this has been a tricky stock. according to my analysis, the stock bottomed out in apr2012 and has started primary 3 wave since then. it finished intermediate 1 and 2 by jul 2012 and is in intermediate 3 since then. this wave is extending itself and is in currently in minor 5 which should finish intermediate 3 of major 1. i think the good days should be ahead if the stock doesn’t break 145-50 region. if that is broken, this wave pattern doesn’t hold true and the stock may head down to 2012 lows.

cheers,

hemant

Can you give the wave count for Alembic pharma bhaiya

hi mallikarjun,

In the short history since 2011, i see alembic completed a major wave in sep-2012 and corrected till nov-12 in major 2. since then it has been in major 3 from 60 levels. Intermediate 1 finished at 164, intermediate 2 at 128, currently in intermediate 3. targets could be 3=1 at 232, 3=1.382x1 at 271 and 3=1.618x1 at 296. lets see how this plays out. for this analysis to be valid, top of intermediate 1 at 164 has to hold on closing basis. any close below this and uptrend is over. we could then be headed towards 80 levels.

Dear Hemant

If I remember correctly, you were considering an investment in Accelya. The results were bad and for a stock which has run up so much, it should have been beaten out of shape. But after a single day correction, looks like it is climbing possibly to the early high. What does it suggest? I heard somewhere the revenue model which it has with airline companies is about to change. Do you have any views on this stock fundamentally or technically?

Regards

Ashwin

Hi Aswhin,

Can you please provide more details of what you have heard on this point.

Disc: I am invested, and have been buying at these levels also.

Regards

Raja

Regards

Ashwin

I heard somewhere the revenue model which it has with airline companies is about to change.

Regards

Ashwin

Hi Raj

I am sorry for the alarm. My comment about the revenue model of Accelya was an error

Ashwin

Hemant,

Could you post your updated portfolio please ?

If possible do post reasonings too on some new addition deletion

numbers)and

cera10%

page10%

kaveri9%

hawkins6%

hdfc bk6%

auto5%

mayur5%

opala7% returnsince

WOW WHAT A PERFORMANCE HEMANT AT TODAY CMP.KEEP IT UP.SHILPA SEEMS TO BE MISSING. DO TELL ABT ANYTHING ELSE U LIKE AT CMP

current portfolio:

PI Ind 10%

astral 9.5%

page 8%

hdfc bk/indusind. 8%

sun ph/lupin. 8%

repco 7.5%

kaveri 7.5%

ajanta. 7%

alembic. 7%

mayur. 6%

shilpa 6%

poly med. 6%

atul auto. 5.5%

seeds for future gains(granules,vmart,hawkins). 4%

YTD gains 52%

expected returns: 30% cagr over next 5 years

Seems you have fully exited Yes Bank. What were the reasons behind the same?

Are you not positive on banks n find NBFC beter play in the same sector.

Have you reduced Kaveri seeds too?

At today CMP are Shilpa, Atul Auto, Mayur , Polymed n Ajanta good buys with 2-3years POV both fundamentally n technically ?

Today yes bank is being included in MSCI index alongwith Tech Mahindra

Can you give TA for eclerx bhaiya

Regards

mallikarjun

Hemant,

Once again you were prescient in Mayur Uniqoters . It touched 330-320 as predicted by you when it was hovering in 260 range.

Now whats the take on it ? It’s 7% of my portfolio at an avg price of 175. I am thinking of increasing it to to 10% .

Shud I wait or enter at CMP?

Any other stocks you are finding attractive at CMP?

Where is Shilpa headed? Results are also due today.

How is JB Pharma n Natco pharma?

hi vivek,

i have exited yes bank and consolidated that into hdfc bk, indusind and repco. i am a lot more comfortable in the long term prospects of these three. i do think repco would continue to catch up with gruh over time and hence demand a lot better valuations.

i have not exited kaveri but the weightage has reduced due to outperformance of other stocks and addition of fresh cash into some of the stocks.

I do think shilpa’s journey has just started and better days lie ahead. ajanta and polymed would continue to do well. all of these, atul and mayur seem to be very well placed technically. i would buy any of them on declines which would happen from time to time.

Vivek Gautam wrote:

hi mallikarjun,

technically eclerx seems to be interestingly poised. it started primary 1 at 57 in oct 2008 and peaked at 841 in july 2011. since then it corrected in primary 2 flat pattern till 606 in apr 13. it has finally broken out and seems to be in primary 3. it should continue to move higher and becomes a buy on declines. a conservative target could be primary 3 = primary 1 which should take it to 1390. we could review the target once we get there.

cheers,

hemant

hi vivek,

i think mayur is now fairly valued from valuation perspective. it should not grow in line with earnings. the time to buy was when it was consolidating in the fourth wave. the fifth wave seems to be extending now and should take the stock higher.

shilpa, as discussed earlier seems to have started wave 3. if true, we should see lot higher levels and it is buy on declines for me.

i don’t have much idea about jb pharma and natco pharma and don’t track them.

currently i am studying aurobindo pharma. the stock seems interestingly poised technically. fundamentally, the company seems to have come out of its many problems and seems to be back on growth path.

What’s your fundamental n TA on Auro Pharma pl?

Hi Hemant ,

Astral is your second largest holding .Though the co has shown impressive performance in the recent quarter ,the forex loss seems an overhang on the subsequent quarters .
Does the co look attractive technically and fundamentally ?
Disc-Invested

Converted some Yes Bank into Aurobindo Pharma first thing in the morning .

Thanks.

http://www.indianivesh.in/Research/ViewResearch.aspx?id=1

Indianivesh who knows pharma sector very well turns positive with a target of 343.

Positive surprise on margins front, sustainability likely, maintain

BUY &revisetarget price upward from Rs 252 to Rs 343

Robust growth from USA (+53% y-o-y in USD term), higher contribution from

formulation business, and better product mix lead to substantial improvement in

margins of the company. Aurobindoas revenue grew ~28% y-o-y (11.6% q-o-q) to

Rs 18,970 mn (V/s INSPL est=Rs 19,940 mn) slightly below our estimates but better

than consensus. EBITDA margins increased ~620 bps y-o-y to 23.1% level (V/s INSPL

est 18.4%) & EBITDA grew 75% y-o-y to Rs 4,384 (V/s INSPL est= Rs 3,674 mn).

Adjusting forforex losses of Rs 683 mn in Q2FY14 V/s forex gain of 1,177 mn in

Q2FY13, net profit grew 189% y-o-y to Rs 3,022 mn (V/s INSPL est= Rs 2,135 mn).

Healthy revenue growth across the segments & geographies:

Companyas revenue increased ~28% y-o-y (11.6% q-o-q) to Rs 1,897 mn (V/s INSPL

estimates = Rs 1,954 mn) in Q2FY14. Formulation business (Excluding ARVs) grew

53% y-o-y to Rs 9,952 mn (contributed 51% of total revenue in Q2FY14 V/s 42.3% of

total revenue in Q2FY13) on the back of 72% y-o-y growth from US business (~53%

in USD term) & 17% y-o-y growth in European & RoW business. However, ARV

formulations (contributed 11.9% of total revenue) declined 7.6% y-o-y to Rs 2,331

mn mainly on higher base. Growth in API business was relatively lower compared

to Formulation business and contributed 36.8% of revenue in Q2FY14 compared to

40.5% of revenue in Q2FY13. API business grew ~15.4% y-o-y to Rs 7,180 mn on the

back of ~32% y-o-y growth in SSPs & ~27% y-o-y growth in ARV & others, partially

offset by ~8.3% decline in Cephs business. Company reported dossier income of

Rs 63 mn in Q2FY14 compared to Rs 117 mn in Q2FY13. (See the table given below).

Valuations:

During the quarter positive surprise was from the margins front but we believe

that companyas investment in its subsidiaries to expand front ended teams has

started paying dividends and likely to be sustainable. Its most of subsidiaries are

turning break even or higher EBITDA positive. Additionally, favorable product mix is

likely to be positive for gross margins also. In our view, considering robust

performance of the company in the last few quarters & promising outlook, re-rating

of the stock seems on the cards. We continue to maintain strong BUY on the stock

& increase target price from Rs 252 to Rs 343, valuing at 10x of FY15E. (Earlier

valued at 9x of FY15E).

At CMP of Rs 260, the stock is trading at P/E multiple of 10.4x of FY14E &7.6x of

FY15E earnings estimates.

hi vivek,

the chart pattern is still developing. stock is facing some resistance at its all time highs of 2011 at 272. once that is broken convincingly, that would confirm that the stock is in primary wave 3 implying lot higher targets for the stock.