Harsh's Coffee Can Portfolio: Views Invited

HI Sujay,

Hope you are doing well (and enjoying the Bull Market in your Portfolio):wink:

I would like to know when your broker conveyed that to you. Quality is indeed contrarian in bull phase, but usually becomes a hoarding place during prolonged bear / sideways phase.

So continuing from where we left, i again inquired with my broker with new names and results are still same, Not 1 Account holds Berger Paints , 1 holds Asian Paints and 16 hold HDFC Bank and 1 Accounts holds GSK Pharma and guess what, all the Accounts holding few above Stocks are dormant and belongs to Investor’s who are senior in age.

I asked him then what’s favorite with his client’s at the moment and pat came his reply: only and only YES Bank for last 3 months and before that it was DHFL

Maybe Share Holding Pattern will attest it. and it proves that most investor buy shares in their way down rather then way up.

While thinking over it , another thing occurred to me that somehow we dont have a dedicated thread for Asian Paint, Berger Paint or even for HDFC Banks at valuepickr after all this years. The Chola’s and Honeywell’s evince little interest from member’s but Yes bank has more the 1500 posts !!
Would love to hear from you .

Disc: Neither did i Solicit any other Information from my broker other then the Number of Accounts holding particular stocks , and nor did my broker give out any confidential information to me.

6 Likes