Harsh's Coffee Can Portfolio: Views Invited

Hi Sujay,

Thanks for dropping by. As regards to holding the portfolio throughout Cycle , it would be definately interesting to watch how i react . A down Cycle would would separate practitioner from preacher (which currently i am ). My very act of coming on this forum and bringing my activities under spotlight is to stay on course and stay true to my current style .

Another thing i have watched ( of course Strong recency bias is built into it ) is that this select few companies (and Stocks ) perform well across the cycle . while Parle had difficulty in selling Biscuits in current Slowdown , Nestle came up with good numbers . It would be very difficult scenario where entire portfolio is under performing , 1 or 2 stocks would always be firing on all cylinders and itch to fiddle around with portfolio wont be that strong. Its all theoretical and Sooner or later Market will prove me wrong and bring to situation where i will question my current style

Regarding building conviction on the stocks currently i have , to be honest this were easy find and served on Platter with no Extra efforts from my side. ( No stock Market conversation or story is complete without example of Asian Paints or HDFC Bank ). But strong MNC and Debt free Bias is on blatant display. Other things being equal and if choice boils down to 2 company i.e. Indian and MNC , i’ll go with MNC . occassionaly there would be blips like Ricoh and Mondelez foods

One interesting Tidbit (if you may be interested) , My broker services over 2000 Retail client Account and he told me that not 1 account has Whirlpool or Abbott or 3M or Honeywell or Nestle and only 4 had Bajaj Finance. Maybe buying “Quality” is “Contrarian

Thanks
Harsh

7 Likes