Granules India Ltd

Can some one post a brief summary of the above article.

1 Like
2 Likes

Does Granules India publish segment-wise earnings, EBIT, etc (API, PFI , FD) as well as GPI earnings in its annual reports? I could only find the revenue break up of API, PFI and FD.

Thank you.

http://www.granulesindia.com/investor.php#Annual-Accounts-Subsidiaries
You can find it here.

Regards,
Raj
Disc: invested

2 Likes

Vanguard group bought 26 lakh shares of Granules

3 Likes
1 Like

First news

Second News
Approval received for an ANDA

Third news
Fidelity has increased existing stake slightly.
This should get reflected in the latest shareholding disclosures.

Behind the scenes during the time of Covidā€¦

3 Likes

FII/FPIs have continued consolidating their holding by increasing 3.36% (22.95% in Q1 to 26.31% in Q2)
This is third quarter in continuation when FII holding has seen uptickā€¦ earlier 2 quarters, they grabbed it from retailers while in this quarter its mainly from LIC

Retailers : 34K new retailers joined the race i.e. jump of 36.5% in absolute numbers
Above addition resulted in increase of 1.08% in share holding (18.26% in Q1 to 19.34% in Q2)
Big Individuals (share capital>2Lacs) have trimmed their holding by 0.46% (5.27% in Q1 to 4.81% in Q2)

One major exclusion is LIC, which has sold off its entire holding of 3.08% & its grabbed by FII/FPI
Corporate Bodies have also reduced their combined holding from 5.3% to 4.2%

current SHP pattern

8 Likes

For the few companies benefitting from PLI schemeā€¦ It will be a game changer.

Oct 15 is the last day for submitting applications

1 Like

Granulesā€™ twitter handle shared its multi-bagger journey!

2 Likes

The Company himself sharing these kind of stories should be a red flag for investors. One should be more cautious going forward

4 Likes

I have seen their tweeter handle. Now daughter is taking keen interest in the company matters. Young minds wonā€™t be shy of tweeter. Secondly it is a easy way of dissemination of information. Most of the investors donā€™t see BSE notifications. In September it was a delight to see on their TL that Naproxen(pain killer, used extensively in Rheumatology) & Diphenhydramine got USFDA approval. I didnā€™t have to visit the BSE site & download the pdf.

6 Likes

Just before Q2 result, Granules moves to ASM. How do you see its movement and future prospects based on technicals. I know fundamentals remain intact and we have good visibility for next 4-6 qtrs.

1 Like

Very good resultsā€¦ Happy Diwali

https://www.bseindia.com/stock-share-price/granules-india-ltd/granules-india/532482/

5 Likes

revised guidance from management for current FY

FY21 will be double of FY20
Further expect 30% growth with FY21 as base going ahead

5 Likes

The price movement is surprising despite the performance and guidance. Any thoughts on why the market isnā€™t recognizing? I thought a quarter back that the price should be minimum 500, now I feel it should be upped.

4 Likes

Revenue (cons.) 858 Cr. (Q2 '21) v/s 736 Cr. (Q1 '21) v/s 700 Cr. (Q2 '20)
PAT (cons.) 164 Cr. (Q2 '21) v/s 111 Cr. (Q1 '21) v/s 96 Cr. (Q2 '20)
EBITDA Margins at 29.9%.

As per investor presentation:
Revenue increased due to new launches and increase in market share of existing products.
Margins increased due to change in product mix and operational leverage.

Metformin recall provision of INR 150 Mn provided in Q1FY21 has been reversed to the
tune of INR 75 Mn this quarter. This is the main point whose clarification I look forward to in concall.

Was 14% of portfolio. Added ~ 4% today.

Q2 FY21 Earnings Conference call
on Tuesday, 20th October 2020 at 5:00 pm IST

Universal Dial In: +91 22 6280 1222 / +91 22 7115 8123
Local Dial In (Available all over India): +91-7045671221

8 Likes

From the last part of the interview it seems stake sale talks are on, as it was not totally denied

Tbf thatā€™s the standard response they have to give. The more I think about it the more i realise Iā€™m not averse to to the stake sale. rather than suffer from succession issues going with a PE firm could be the best option with management retained. The day the rumor came out in September granules rose by 5+ percent so the market probably approves of it. Back in November when the talks first came out the sale was priced around 4000 Cr mcap for granules. In the past 1 year their valuation has crossed double. Wouldnā€™t be surprised if the sale happens at a much higher valuation in a few more quarters considering the results are trending northwards and they are setting a new base and are in no way overvalued considering whatā€™s expected for this fiscal so canā€™t see a gmm pfaudler-esque situation atleast.
Anyway, waiting on the concall transcript .did anyone attend? I missed it and I canā€™t find the pdf or recording yet. If anyone attended please share notes. Thanks.

2 Likes

Year ended March 2020 eps was around 17.47.

For this year they are guiding, profits to be double of last year. So March 2021 Year end EPS should be atleast 35.

The year after, there will be around 30% growth.

So we should see an immediate PE rating expansion.

1 Like