Goal: Financial Independence

It’s been while posting my update and I was planning to jot some points which I recently did in last week.
Lately from past 2 months I was accumulating and slightly adding but not major stuff, I will be accumulating more cash to increase my holdings in few.
Last week I did some profit booking in few swing trades (Fiem Industries, Acrysil and Bank ETF) and booked loss in NGL fincechem ( it was increasing pain in my portfolio and can’t keep ignoring it).
Main motive for accumulating Bank Etf was over and I think with same mindset I am planning to deploy same amount to IT etf(not yet finalised).

There are few stocks where I want to aggressively start accumulating and make them part of core is ASM technology, Gujarat themsin and Natural capsules. Currently all three are already in my portfolio with mere allocation. Along with them I want to add dominating large/mid cap either Divis, Polyplex, Bal Krishna Industries or Usha martin. Lame reason to add which will give better chance to add in lower levels.
Overall portfolio is stable and only pain in portfolio are RBA and HIL and after avg up they have become almost 4% of my folio. I am planning ti give atleast 1-2 qtr max and definitely make decision.
Attaching my latest portfolio %.
Looking forward for any advice.
Happy investing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well its been while and these are those days when there is less noise in market and you can focus on results.
Sometimes I fear this silence too because most of time it makes me think is it mine or everyone’s portfolio not performing much and this makes my mind to commit some mistakes and un-necessary changes.
Last 2-3 months I have made good changes and done some profit booking/loss.
Exited Laurus and DMCC
Both have short term pain and there is nothing much excitement for atleast coming 2-3 qtrs and most probaly found alternatives and proxies. (Natural Caps and Gujarat Themis)
New Entries:
Nittag gelatin: Lot of good things happening. It’s still minor stake and might increase more. Definitely not a long term bet. You can find thread here: Nitta Gelatin
Nirlon: well annual reports and div yield made me jump immediately. This might be speculative but inner me wants to play long on it.
Hindware Home Innovation: Business is doing good, new products coming quickly, price hikes taken and few key points from conf call.

Averaging:
I have stopped allocation on NMDC till new steel plant gets listed and will play on Nirlon same story.
Avging up on Garware tech, Saksoft, Rk Forge, Technocraft Industries and Fine Organincs, Natural Capsules and Gujarat Themis

Happy about VBL and Saksoft getting limelight.
Bit worried for
DHP India (QOQ was normal but margin was maintained)

Strategy for coming months:
I am sitting on good cash now, so might focus on my US portfolio, finally I think things are getting better and atleast worst has already happened.
Indian stocks focus on Nirlon and Hindware home and study more.

Looking for views from fellow Valuepickrs.
Happy Investing :slight_smile:

Thanks @Garuna for your words,
but trust me inner me is trying to achieve the same thing.
Don’t know whether you read earlier posts or not, my top 15-16 holdings are almost 55% part of my folio, 10-15% I keep for small/seasonal or special situations stories that my take place in short term 3-6 months and rest 30% are almost mid bets and plan to holde them atleast an year and they can go in either direction:

1. if they keep performing and better YoY performance they itself become part of my top holdings
  2. book profits/loss and put that amount to core ones.

Trust me too many stocks , its sound difficult but it totally depends on folio, so taking ex for me, I don’t track my top holdings on QoQ, I review on major downfall or a big correction. So majorly I have to worry about my mid (30%) folio only and sometimes I dont care for small bets because amount allocate is very minimal.
Keeping diversified or concentrated, is never ending debate topic and there are various success stories behind each type

1 Like

Well it’s end of 2022 and it was definitely an amazing year on overall basis. It taught me lot and gave ample of good opportunities in my personal and financial terms.
Nearly after reading famous thread from Valuepickr I decided to update my thread too, will keep it short.
Top performers for this year were: VBL, IDFC twins, GPIL, NMDC, Saksoft and Sree Rayalaseema
I would like to thank some members (@sahil_vi , @Kumar_manas , @Worldlywiseinvestors, @Chins ) for constants update on above stocks which made me hold them in bad times.
I am silent reader of their all the threads/posts/videos on social platforms.

Bad/Non-performers for year: Restaurants Bran Asia, Ugro Capital, DMART, Garware Tech Fibre, Bajaj finserv and
(NGL Finechem, HIL already booked loss).

This year I want to focus and improve on profit making strategy, though my earlier thesis was never sell winners and keep them holding until you need money. I need to closely start improving on this and few stocks like Neogen, IRCTC, Sheela Foam have taught me good lessons where booking profits in laurus and DMCC played out well.
I had always booked my losers as quickly as I can and switch to quality/momentum changing stocks. I believe this helped me in making good short term profits.
From last thread still keeping an eye on US stocks not able to deploy any cash yet.
Accumulating NMDC at right time played out well,still continuing on it. My short term bet on Hindware Home Innovation turned profitable (still holding).
Only current pain for my portfolio is Restaurants Brand Asia( 14% negative) where I have been quite hesitant to book loss.
Currently in watchlist/small positions ones are: Prince pipe(I think bad time is almost over), Vidhi Speciality (upcoming capex and strong clients), Nitta Gelatin (strong upcoming demands), XPRO India, Goldiam, BKT, Usha Martin and Credit Access Grameen. Might be few from above I have already mentioned earlier.
I think my watchlist for next 6-10 months and might be for whole year is almost mentioned above ones until and unless there is major change of story or events.
Plan to increase percentage major in strong stories like Usha Martin, BKT and Credit Access Grameen.

Below is my updated portfolio, portfolio percentage is about my invested value:

4 Likes

Its been months and thought to update my thread. In the first quarter we have already seen a lot in micro and macro level and feels good that stocks in my folio came out well in the end and few are almost at ATH.
Directly coming to losers in my few satellite stocks where I have booked losses in minor % HFCL, VIDHI speciality and Apcotex Industries ( I know exiting Apcotex will surprise many but I existed before recent management commentary)
Few players played out well and booked profit in good % were Cenlub , Praveg Commnunication, DHP India and from large cap I finally exited from Dmart ,Reliance Industries, IRCTC, Sheela Foam and Piditlite, I felt purpose of holding DMART and Reliance was over and they were almost dead in my folio.

Wonderful recovery from Neogen chemicals and few other chemical stocks like Sree Rayalaseema made me happy in the end and still continue to hold them
Currenly doing some lumsum in NMDC steel, RBA, Reliance Infra, Ugro Capital.
From last thread added Usha Martin, Nitta Gelatin, Goldiam, FCL, KSB pumps and Xpro. Few of them have done already exceptionally done well and upcoming qtr seems healthy.
New list: Black box, Ind Toner, Dream Folks, Duncan Engineering where my holding is bleak but since I was able to time them well, they all looks good to accumulate further
Currently my biggest bets are on NMDC steel , RBA and Ib realestate (just accumulated) and have planned to watch them for upcoming 2 qtrs, I think after that it will be time to move on with them.
I will try to share my latest positions in all.

Looking for feedback from fellow VPs.

2 Likes

Hi Shikhar,

you are buying and mainly invested in small and mid caps now while your basic thesis when sarted this thread was to build portfolio in large caps…what changed this thesis and shift in focus in smaller companies…

@Shakti_Srivastava when I started my investing I hardly read anything about stocks, news and trends and few other macros, so my thinking was just to buy bluechip/large cap and that too because I came with mindset that not losing money is primary and making money is secondary.
I could not bear downtrends and see negative amount in my folio, use to fear out and even sell.
Eventually with time and staying strong I learned and I am still learning.
So basically thesis was never about large/mid/small caps but to have stable folio and decent returns.
Recent exits from few large caps is all because my mid and few small caps in which at least I am invested are less volatile, definitely we need to exclude black swan events. Those large caps are not needed which have already reached to saturation state whither in terms of sales, growth or xyz factor.
I have been continuously booking profits from small/mid caps and adding to my core ones and these core ones can be of any market caps.

And definitely we need to be flexible with our mind and not to be adamant on one strategy, it might and might not work for all i.e. hold and sit tight.
So basically thesis is to move with trends and lose less money while moving forward :slight_smile:

1 Like

Current year has been going awseome , portfolio is at ATH and currently I am making daily new highs :slight_smile:
On daily basis my folio is making higher lows and I had breakout in start of month May. (well this much only I know how to read charts :smiley:

Talking about bets I have now started booking profits from my satellite/momentum ones and moved the amount to the core ones. Most of the companies came out with superb results considering about macro and micro factors like Stylam Ind, VBL, Polycab, IDFC twins, Saksoft, NIIT Ltd, Hindware Home Inovation, Vesuvius, Ugro Capital and many others, while from few I made exits like KSB pumps, RBA (took the opportunity of rumors and made an exit), IB real and Xpro India, Big Bloc, Adani power.
Exit from Xpro and RBA cause both are still long time bet to play, will revisit them in next 2 qtrs

Moved the profits to FCL, Goldiam, Dream Folks, Black box, Saksoft, Maharastra Seamless and few others.
Studying about two new companies Josts Enngg, MPS Ltd and Avalon Technology and migth start tracking position.
As overall now I am cautious and will book more profits from the stocks and either sit on cash or invest in core ones. Will avoid or atleast make less allocation on satellite scripts.
Overall at portfolio level Saksoft and VBL are almost 6x for me and few like Stylam, Polycab, Rk Forge, Rajratan are 3x.
Hoping NMDC steel bet to be played out better, slowly increasing pos.
I will be sharing portfolio scripts but almost core ones are same as usual.
Lastly want to thanks @Worldlywiseinvestors , @sahil_vi , @Chins, @Kumar_manas and some others which are not on this platform. They keep me motivated and teach amateurs like me to invest money in better manner. I might not follow all their sayings but keep my ears open :wink:

Disc: I am not SEBI registered, might have taken positions in few which I recently talked and am biased. Please don’t follow but will be more than happy to take some advices from others.

6 Likes