Geekay Wires Ltd

But i see PAT has increased ?

I said topline growth is lagging

Pat has grown much led by other income i.e. freight

Q3 results were decent as Other income saved them, but going forward topline growth need to be accelerate to continue momentum

They incorporate freight costs, integral to product costing due to weight, under “other income.” While technically part of core business income, they employ an unconventional accounting method for it.

This is a incorrect, they spent 15 cr. capex already in 9MFY24. In Fy23, it was 19 cr. So they are reinvesting quite a bit in the business.

Agree to your point on stagnant sales.

3 Likes

Yup was telling same about other income

That’s the point, i beleive they need to do more Capex, if they are entering new products as they suggest in full capacity revenue can be 10-15% higher… which I feel it’s not satisfactory

1 Like

One more thing to be noted is always they had other income and assume this will continue but topline is the concern

Correct me if am wrong…

And also how about tailwind in this sector ? And how geekey will capture that?

2 Likes

Other income is normal in companies. It becomes a concern when other income is greater than Actual business income

1 Like

It’s their part of core income i.e. freight
So nothing to worry

Topline is the main concern

3 Likes

Harsh any idea… how they compute freight? As exports have fall, but freight one has increased

Do the freight only consider export one or overall?

Always confuse in anticipating this item in future

1 Like

I dont really understand this well, even at AGM management didnt explain this very well. But I guess their volumes might be higher in recent times, and with correction in commodity costs, overall revenues look muted. But this is just a guess.

3 Likes

Do not post one liners which does not add any value & save the precious forum space.

3 Likes