FED meetings' calender

The last one was on 16-17th Sept. Next is on 28-29 October -

http://www.federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/fomccalendars.htm

Interest rates are not likely to rise this year but even then, our markets fell on 16th Sept supposedly in anticipation of ‘hawkish tone’ from the FED considering that FIIs now hold arnd 28% of shares of nifty-50 stocks if I am not wrong.

So we may want to keep that in mind and plan accordingly (like going short, profit booking etc).

US Interest rate history chart (select the years’ range) -

So we may want to keep that in mind and plan accordingly (like going short, profit booking etc) * this is only for dates near to the FED meetings. Otherwise the markets are not particularly overvalued imho.

Thanks vickyB, makes sense to track this one to take advantage of short term volatility in the market.

Welcome Aksh. And since the market responds to triggers, there are a couple of positive triggers coming up:

)- Modi’s US visit starting 28th Sept. It may be positive for market esp. for export oriented sectors (IT/pharma)

)- Maharashtra election results on 19th Oct. (significant since Mumbai is the business capital of India)

October is the month of Q2 results which is a major trigger wherein real earnings may disappoint market giving better levels to long term investors.

I think it’s a good idea to have a thread on short term triggers, if we don’t have one already, to track it and benefit from short term volatility. would you like to change the name of this one or create new one? Thanks.

Nice idea Aksh. I have messaged a request to Administrator to rename this thread to ‘Short term market triggers’ .