Fairfield Atlas delisting

I believe this opportunity is only for today as the issue closes on Monday. The issue to be successful requires tendering of ~22 lac shares. Of this more than 12 lacs have been tendered at around 230 till 12 noon today as per BSE. The offer opened yesterday. This looks like a reasonable price which the management is likely to accept. More so, given the dollar movement over the last few days.

The current price is 215-216 thus a 7-8% return in less than 3 weeks. But only possible today as the issue closes on Monday, 27th May & thus buying tomm i.e 24th May would mean that delivery is unlikely on Monday.

The delisting offer has been successful & the discovered price is at 245 which the management has accepted. Those who tendered made a cool 14% in 11 days i.e an annualized return of ~460%.

The sweet part is that it will be traded on BSE for another week or so & at CMP of 236 still offers a 3.5% return in a 40-45 days i.e ~28% annualized sure shot returns as the delisting offer has been successful.

good work scouting a lucrative trade maan…u deserve every percentager of the return
CHEERZ

Hi Maan,

Nice to see you here.

Was just talking to an “open offer” expert- he said that any buyer now would have to hold for approx 3 mths to get the proceeds from the offer.

Pls confirm

P.S. : Maan, Look forward to your views/contributions for benefit of all members.

Maybe if you could introduce urself for the benefit of all in the “Let’s get the ball rolling: Intro’s” discussion thread…

Guys, Maan’s approach to investing has been someone from which I have always got to learn a lot from our interactions.

Hey Atul,

Thanks for the acknowledgement. Its been 6 years since I last introduced myself but will surely try !

This timeline has been suggested by the registrar. Incase of Alfa Lalval & Ratnabali Cap it was ~55-60 days. Even if it is 3 months that would amount to an annualized 14% risk free return which ain’t bad.

Cheers

Thanks Shravan ! the idea of posting it here was for a few more to benefit, as I have from some ideas here.

I believe this opportunity is only for today as the issue closes on Monday. The issue to be successful requires tendering of ~22 lac shares. Of this more than 12 lacs have been tendered at around 230 till 12 noon today as per BSE. The offer opened yesterday. This looks like a reasonable price which the management is likely to accept. More so, given the dollar movement over the last few days.

The current price is 215-216 thus a 7-8% return in less than 3 weeks. But only possible today as the issue closes on Monday, 27th May & thus buying tomm i.e 24th May would mean that delivery is unlikely on Monday.