TBZ 5% Recent Hitesh's pick
Claris 4% Recent
Orchid Chem 3% 2008-2009
Excel Crop 2% 2008-2009
HCL Tech 2% 2000
Jayshree Tea 2% 2008-2009
Reliance Industries 2% 2005
Kachara 9% Over period

How come so much interest in Pharma ? Are you also from a medical line ala our champ Hitesh Bhai ? HOw do u keep yourself updated in pharma which several investors find difficulLt to understand

Most of pharma was bought just before the Lehman crash in 2008 and some during the crisis

That time many of pharma names were languishing at low p/e s

Therefore it didn’t require any expertise to pick up these names

Like I bought unichem at PE of 5 with a good div yield

Wockhardt was bought at PE of 3 (excluding extraordinary items)

In fact if pharma had not come to my rescue I would have been a beggar by now

Rest of my holdings were high beta typical 2008 boom kind of holdings and some of them crashed more than 90%

Now I do try to keep myself abreast with to the top 10-12 of my holdings

difficulLt to understand

Mighty impressed with how long you’ve held your stocks. I wish I had that quality but my fingers are too itchy. I’m looking for an answer to the eternal question - how long is long term.

Does not always work

I had a 15 bagger in my portfolio in 2007

Did not sell it as fundamentally was looking sound

Now it is down 96% and I am still holding it ((

Hi Excel,

Mighty impressed with your great multibagger ride with Wockhardt. It will be a great learning if you can take us through this journey since 2008-2009

discovering the opportunity - conviction points to load up - subsequent follow up - additional purchases.

[quote="satsat, post:2, topic:71198023"] > I know pharma is a bit heavy > > but this is more so because performance > > Kachra means small last 12 years > > some are junk and some are good > > views welcome > > Name | Hitesh's pick > ---|--- > Claris [/quote]

ofout holdingaccumulatedover % Purchase date Wockhardt 30% 2008-2009 Novartis 12% 2008-2010 Max India 9% 2010 Unichem 9% 2008-2009 Jubilant Life 6% Recent HPCL 5% 2008-2009 TBZ 5% Recent 4% Recent Orchid Chem 3% 2008-2009 Excel Crop 2% 2008-2009 HCL Tech 2% 2000 Jayshree Tea 2% 2008-2009 Reliance Industries 2% 2005 Kachara 9% Over period

sir u hold HPCL , whats your logic in investing such a regulated business

Most of my portfolio has been buy and hold

Sure would describe the details

HPCL was bought as a trade at the peak of oil price in expectation that as oil comes down the oil marketing companies would benefit The oil did come down and the stock more than doubled Did not sell as I thought that this one is worth more
Oil again scaled and now I am barely in profit I would like to admit that it was a mistake betting on commodity price and govt policy I could replace HPCL if I have a compelling name and if I am short of cash

Excel

Could you list out Some stocks from your kachra category ,the reasoning behind buying n not selling,n more importantly the lessons learnt which wud be really useful for readers of this forum.

Actually I should have named them chiller These are small holding bought mostly in IPOs So the good names would be adani ports, infoedge and gateway and some are bad like IOB and a real estate co down 96% 20 names too small Just kept them as lottery tickets

some of the names I am ashamed to own are:

Aftek: bought when it had a decent div yield and cash on books was more than themarketcap.

except the fact that it was not cash. people were suspect of a fraud but I did not expect it to be ofproportion. Irealisedthis only after Satyam scam. our country has no rule of law.

Mukta Arts: bought just beforereleaseof their movie. went 5X in next 2-3 years did not sell

now it is down 50% compared to mypurchaseprice.

those were the times you buy a stock and it would be up 50% in a week. we all thought this is how it works. only to realize later in 2009 that this was one off bull market in risk assets globally.

these names are small holding and have kept them as lotterytickets.

actually they are not even lottery tickets. Ishouldget rid of them at the earliest.

Added muthoot cap to 3% of the portfolio some two weeks back

Initiated a small position in ajanta last week - would like to add more just waiting for the raid clarification

Excel bhai

No update on your PF for long.How has been the journey since 2012?