Dr Lal Chandani Labs

Scuttlebutt on DLCL

I went to their main lab/HQ this weekend to drop a sample. This lab is located in Greater Kailash (GK), Delhi (GK is an upscale area of Delhi for those unfamiliar with Delhi) .

The size of the facility is ~4000 sqft (my estimate). There is a big glass enclosure (perhaps 1500 sqft. in size) where I saw some 10-12 lab technicians working. Additionally, they had separate rooms for more specialized tests.

The registration and sample collection was pretty smooth. In a couple of hours I got the report on my email along with a text on the phone (with link to the report). Turn-around time was shorter than what I have experienced at Lal Path and Apollo (for this same test).

The person at the reception told me they have a similar sized lab in Punjabi Bagh (another upscale area of Delhi) plus they have franchises around Delhi.

Here is pic of the facility I took:

Disc.: not invested, tracking

2 Likes

Thanks.

Do they provide any access to the past data ? If a customer did the tests a year ago at the same place (or at one of their other centres ) and then compare those results with the latest ones ?

Good question, i don’t know the answer (this is the first time i used them) but i can find out.

Overall, i feel this space (of Dx testing) is completely commoditized and has low entry barriers. DLCL doesn’t have moat as such. FY22 AR lists all these challenges.

1 Like

Horrible result H1-Fy23

1 Like