Dish TV 10 bagger stock

1 Like
1 Like

How does the company look now.
I am interested, but unsure how is the huge loan onnthe book (outstanding to creditors rs1050cr, Then rs450 cr as outstanding) totals rs1500cr as loans.

This seems a lot, and they need to invest in brand and tech…
Tatasky n airtel seem to be leadin the race.

1 Like

Q3 results are out https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/89086db2-bf24-444a-b5cf-175c8934d403.pdf

Positives
they have been reducing debt every quarter right now stands @ 450 cr (reduced by 100 cr from last quarter )at this rate company will be net debt free by next year saving close to 300 or 400 cr on intrest payment which will mean the company at todays prices will trade at a pe of roughly 4.

Negatives
Every quarter top line has been going down .This is a big red flag ,subcribtion revenues are falling almost 3-4% every quarter .Which means only 1 thing that they are losing market share whether be it to ott platforms or competitors.

3 Likes

First thanks to @Shivacii for starting the thread and bringing all the info about the company

Today finally voting results are out ,and reappointment of Mr. Ashok Mathai Kurien has been cancelled by 78% votes against his reappointment . I hope sooner or later a new shareholder friendly board is appointed .

pros
1)Almost trading at sales to market cap with nil to no debt.
2)A new minority friendly managment can reward shareholders going forward in form of divdends or unlock value by stake sale to tata sky or airtel (whoever bids the highest will become the biggest DTH provider)

cons
1)It is a dying buisness with sales dropping down every quarter due to OTT platforms .(But at current valuations it is almost bringing almost 70% market cap in operating cash flows)

disc:invested views may be biased

2 Likes

Even if it is in a dying industry the revenues are slowing down slowly.Btw i cannot find any information about Tata Sky and Airtel Dth revenues.Are they also slowing down?

1 Like

Anyone has any idea about agenda of the meeting, company has not given any details. Is it about yes bank matter ?

I think it would be for seeking approval of the reappointment of the MD. The reappointment was done in March and they have to get shareholder approval within a period of 3 months.

1 Like

The stock looks quite cheap.MD will not get the approval as yes bank is going to vote against resolution.

Yes, on valuation front this is trading at less than 3x FCF. Fair value of the business is far higher.

So the results are out and they are not great ,Top line has declined by 14% YoY and 10% QoQ.They are losing revenue to competition and mainly OTT platforms customers are becoming choosy and not renewing regularly like before.Cashflows from operation has fallen to 1673cr from 2070cr last year almost down 20%.

This might be highly discouraging to some but i feel at current valuation the stock is way underpriced as i do feel at some point the fall in revenue QoQ will stabilise no idea when but It cannot become zero as major OTT platforms like amazon prime has become more expensive by 500 rs 1000 yearly to 1500 a year (they have also started charging rent for some movie content)and netflix will soon start banning account sharing Ott will become expensive and all india specially rural india doesn’t have fast internet everywhere and the disposable income are not that high to be able to afford fast internet plans to run 1080 or 4k streaming services.

Not only this but at 13rs a share Market cap is 2400 cr goodwill is at 621 cr(2238cr last year) debt at 376 cr (810cr last year) even at 15% decline in cash flow this year the company will be debt free and even goodwill fully written off the company will generate a profit of 500 cr this year that is roughly 25% of the market cap or a P.e of 4 and going forward next year with no goodwill to write of no debts and interest to pay and company business being a cash cow i wont be surprised it generating 1000 cr every year for lets say the next 5 years assuming dish tv goes out of business due to competition or Ott platforms(highly unlikely) it will still generate free cash flows of 5000 cr twice of current market cap.

I wont be touching on the points of change to better management or government maybe reducing licence fee for Dth companies or putting regulations on OTT content.All in all whatever that could have happened bad to the company i feel has already happened (One cannot a be 100% sure :sweat_smile:) and i feel the stock is highly undervalued due to all the reasons.

Disc:invested and views maybe biased

1 Like

By when will the goodwill be written off completely?Are people actively shifting to OTT and cancelling cable subscriptions?

This year most proabably.

Yes and no(https://www.exchange4media.com/media-tv-news/dish-tv-fy22-operating-revenue-stands-at-rs-28025-crore-120568.html#:~:text=Dish%20TV%20India,these%20emerging%20trends.) this will help you understand.

The entire premise of this thread is that the promoters do not have the necessary voting rights by a huge margin.Followers of this thread will know the context of my comment.They are following this thread because of the probable management change in the company.

But I will add disclosure to the comment.Hope that will be enough.

2 Likes

Did anyone attend the EGM today? If yes, kindly do update on the same. thanks.

Quarter 1 results are out ,topline is still falling but this quarter fall is 5% compared to 10 % in previous quarters (this is inevitable as people in future are likely to switch to OTT and competion)

What i don’t understand is despite borrowings being reduced to half ,interest payments are almost at same level ,Debt in june is currently at 285 cr vs 375cr in previous quarter ,Company as predicted will become debt free this year and most goodwill will be amortised i hope the new managment is more shareholder friendly and distribute cash in form of dividends for the years to come.

2 Likes

I think dish tv might be the target of a takeover attempt once it starts to turn a profit. I don’t think everyone will suddenly switch to OTT because most dishtv owners live in rural areas. We still have issues with internet connectivity, and the corporation still controls 30% of the market. I don’t believe either of those things will change in the upcoming five years. A big fish takeover would be disruptive given the company’s current, glaring undervaluation. I eagerly anticipate that day. My primary concern is the length of the dispute between Yes Bank and the promoter Group. Y It might have a lot of baggage. I am invested. Your opinions on the current situation?

2 Likes

Whatever you have said is true and that is the reason i am holding the stock but i do plan to exit at fair valuations as in technology is changing very fast ,10 years before i was paying 150rs for 1 gb of data look at it now. This for me is one of risky bets and given the current global cues and nifty at sky high ,i am partially cutting stake or letting go off my all risky bets to invest in gold or keep cash.

1 Like