Dhunseri tea & industries limited

Interesting trivia about Wagh Bakri Brand while we are discussing this topic. I vividly remember discussions in the Marketing Class during MBA.

1 Like

Has anyone checked what Jay Shree had to say about tea production in Assam. I think the price will firm up but production will be low. This could end up as not much change in terms of topline and even bottomline.

I have seen that Dhunseri jumped over last few sessions. But, I am still not sure if the company will perform really well in upcoming quarters.

Yes, the production was low in Assam region in September quarter due to which results will be affected but the rise in tea prices have more impact comparatively so the results will be positive.
Disclosure: invested

Results are declared by the company for Q2 2017 and after a fall in production in September, eps has increased by 3 rs compared to Q2 2016. From 17.32 rs. to 20.29 rs.

Any news ? stock has been doing UC from two days.

uptrend in tea cycle started…

Quite strangely, the stock touched 52 week high recently and has cooled down quite a lot. I am not sure why it went with strong upper circuits and recently, declined at a fast pace.

can anyone offer an insight as to why the price has fallen considerably over the past few months?

This stock has seen lot of volatility in the last three months. I don’t see any reason for Dhunseri to jump from 52-week low to 52-week high and then again slide towards 52-week low.

no impact of result on stock price, company has reported net sales of Rs.33.98 crores during the 3 months period ended June 30, 2018 as compared to Rs.22.55 crores during the 3 months period ended June 30, 2017.The company has posted net profit of Rs.1.06 crores for the 3 months period ended June 30, 2018 as against Rs.(2.44) crores for the 3 months period ended June 30, 2017.The company has reported EPS of Rs.1.52 for the 3 months period ended June 30, 2018 as compared to Rs.(3.50) for the 3 months period ended June 30, 2017

Unable to access the link. Is the page active?

The company is carrying cash & liquid investments worth their market cap. The tea business is free. Lowest p/b in the sector.

Looks like a value stock recently they have been restructuring their business by buying and selling their tea gardens.Not much information is in the domain but looks like a good stock for long term they also have plantations in Africa.

The other company, Dhunseri ventures, is also designed on similar lines, lot of stock investments+ plastic bottle resin biz. Liquidity is terrible and price action looks managed rather than market driven. Need to be careful.

How can we know or assume that price is operated or managed? bcoz the stock has rarely moved in recent time except today.

There are spikes of UC and over time stock reverts back to original level. A company with growing value and easy to value should trend higher with time. This is behaving like a value trap