My Investing Journey so far:
I have started investing in Stocks in 2008, (luckily after the big crash) during my first job after finishing Engineering. The first stock I invested was SBI with which I had my first savings account. Second was Indian Hotels which I bought after the 26/11 attack and subsequent crash in the stock price. Liquidated 90% of my stock holdings before my MBA, started investing again in 2013. Used the interim time to read further, also explored sites like ValueResearchOnline, Moneycontrol, research reports etc.
Have been a quiet reader of various threads in VP for the last one year. Also follow MarketsMojo to track investments. Increased my allocation to stocks in the last 2-3 years.
Portfolios and Asset Allocation:
Retirement Portfolio: Includes EPF and NPS.
Debt (Conservative and Aggressive): Liquid Funds, Peer to Peer Lending. Recently started moving from Liquid Funds to Bank FDs looking at the IL&FS story.
Equity Mutual Funds - Only ELSS, with rotation after 3 years. Need to rethink as LTCG has been introduced recently.
Stock Portfolio - Objective is to create long term wealth, with occasional restructuring based on performance.
Providing my stock portfolio below. Requesting constructive feedback from fellow investors.
Company Industry % Average Price
- HDFC Bank BFSI 12 2000
- Piramal Enterprises BFSI 11 2350
- Bajaj Finance BFSI 11 1870
- Edelweiss BFSI 5 170
- DMART Retail 11 430
- HUL FMCG 7 1670
- Britannia FMCG 3 5530
- Asian Paints Paints 9 1300
- Reliance Diversified 7 1150
10 Avanti Feeds Aquaculture 9 450
11 Godrej Properties Real Estate 10 620
12 PSP Projects Real Estate 5 430
- HDFC Bank - Steady compounder
- Piramal Enterprises - Good Prospects, Performance and People. Bought recently below 2000.
- Bajaj Finance - Best managed NBFC. Good Prospects, Performance and People. Bought recently below 2000.
- Edelweiss - Diversified financial services.Good Prospects (ARC, Insurance etc.), Performance and People. Expecting to add more in the coming months.
- DMART - Best bet in retail story. Holding from IPO and added further.
- HUL - Steady compounder
- Britannia - Steady compounder
- Asian Paints - 50% market share. Steady compounder
- Reliance - Steady compounder. Retail, Digital Content & Telecom emerging as growth engines.
- Avanti Feeds - Steady compounder. Looking to add more.
- Godrej Properties - Best brand and promoters in Real Estate. Bet on consolidation in the industry, which I feel is bottoming out.
- PSP Projects - Good execution and Growth. Debt Free. High Promoter Holding. Looking to add more.