Demergers on the radar

Now Sheela Foam has acquired Kurlon for 2000 cr. What will be impact on shares of Maharashtra Apex? As we know, it has 38% stake in Kurlon Ltd which has 94% control of Kurlon Enterprises, which controls the Kurlon Mattress. Is it mandatory for open offer to Maha Apex shareholders?
Experts are requested to throw light on this issue

3 Likes

No Open Offer, since there is no change in Promoter or shareholding of Maha Rashtra Apex. It is similar to a divestment or sale of a subsidiary investment, and as far as i have read the brand is being sold, not the company (correct me on this, if needed).

What might be interesting, will the sale proceeds be used to pay off shareholders of Kurlon Enterprises, and if that happens, what will Maha Rashtra Apex do with the proceeds? Is there any visibility on this? If Yes, and if complete (not scraps) proceeds can come to the Maha Rashtra Apex shareholders, then it can be a good deal hopefully.

Edit: Adding my tweet link on this topic, and some valuation aspect. Each Maha Rastra Apex Corporation share is worth 0.17222 x Per Crore of Kurlon Brand Value. See the tweet for detailed calculation.

https://twitter.com/ashwinadsouza/status/1608427677018640386?s=20&t=P4wcNlk1mAIyHdyMu1I3bQ

Kurlon

1 Like

Hi, any idea when Arati Pharma ( demerged from Aarti industries ) is going to be listed?
Thanks in advance
dr. vikas

4 Likes
1 Like

Is anyone tracking the demerger of Vikram Thermo? Co is supposed to demerge its Aromatics business and list on the exchanges soon.

1 Like

You can check this portal created by a fellow VP member Tar (Not sure if he still updating this regularly though)
http://specialsituations.investkaroindia.in/

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I have checked & dashboard is informative however not upated since April-22 :frowning:

2 Likes

What were the recently demerged pharma companies?Can any one give a list proper.There is piramal and aarti .

I think aarti pharmalab after Demerger can give a good return, some pharma companies have started recovery like neuland pharma. Promotors have also added Aarti pharma lab at 315- 330 level.
Disc- Invested in Aarti industries from low level & biased. Added more Aarti pharma lab after demerger

3 Likes

Jasch IND looks a dark horse.

1 Like

Today aarti pharma blasted 20% and closed 15 % up, the power of special situation investing. Piramal Pharma was an exception and at the price of 71 still promoters are not buying.

3 Likes

raymond demerger…

1 Like

which stock was this?

can you please elaborate on what the opportunity you see here for common stock equity holders?

1 Like

News in Nov, 2022:

Acquisition filing of TCNS by ABFRL, May 2023:
Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail ABFRL is acquiring TCNS Clothing and an open offer is being made for a consideration of INR 503 per equity share.
“On Amalgamation of the Target Company with the Company, the Company will issue its equity shares to the shareholders of the Target Company (other than itself towards the equity shares held by it in the Target Company) as per the below share exchange ratio: Brief details of change in shareholding pattern (if any) of listed entity 11 fully paid up equity shares of INR 10 each of the Company, for every 6 fully paid-up equity shares of INR 2 of the Target Company (“Share Exchange Ratio”).”

Source: Investing.com

6 Likes

Strides - Demerger Analyst Call.pdf (437.5 KB)
Strides - Demerger Presentation.pdf (2.2 MB)
Strides demerger of Biologics division.

11 Likes

The Board of Directors of Jubilant Agri and Consumer Products Limited (“Wholly Owned Subsidiary of the Company / JACPL”) at its meeting held today, i.e., February 9, 2024, discussed and in principally approved a restructuring plan under which its Agri Products and Sulphuric Acid Business will be demerged in a separate company.
https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachHis/9a2e2d03-4425-4a58-97d0-a8ee64b7fde5.pdf

3 Likes

seems the ongoing promoter’s family settlement issue is a concern on the future of the company. Stock is trading low for this reason?

possible … but i think its more to do with timeline of the demerger… this might take a year more…