Delisting Discussions

Can surrender your shares up to 29 September 2021 to the co.at final delisting price. I think they are gonna sell this to someone at higher prices that’s why I have not surrendered a few shares , may be being greedy but want to play the game promoters are playing.

5 Likes

Quite possible. Also some like societe Gen. who bought a sizeable chunk of shares 2 days back could be for pure arbitrage. submitting to co. later at the discovered price

Anyone with clarity on taxation? How will the proceeds be taxed at the hands of the share holders? Will it be different if sold at the time of de-listing (STT paid) compared to shares being tendered to the Co at the discovered price after the bidding process is over (STT not paid)?

Appreciate feedback.

1 Like

https://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/Tutorials/14-%20STCG.pdf

Please refer to the link. STT does not seem like a prime criteria.
With effect from Assessment Year 2017-18, benefit of concessional tax rate of 15% shall

be available even where STT is not paid, provided that

• transaction is undertaken on a recognised stock exchange located in any
    International Financial Service Centre, and
  • consideration is paid or payable in foreign currency

Short Term Capital Gain is divided into two parts
1.STT Paid on Listed instruments and shares traded in International Market will be taxed u/s 111A @15%. It is an Exclusive and Specific section for listed instruments where STT is paid.
2. If STT is not paid then the transaction is treated as normal Short Term Capital Gain and it is taxed under normal slab rate in which an individual falls for that particular assessment year.

At the time of Delisting, STT is not paid and hence it will be taxed at individual slab rate .

1 Like

@Pranshinv, You are correct. As while delisting, it is not the Co. that is buying back the shares, the benefit of nil taxation at shareholders hands will not be applicable.

1 Like

Bottomline what I meant is that STT may not drive the decision as a standalone criteria. If the delisting is through the exchange / market, then we could argue that preferential rates could apply. The document attached in earlier post clarifies that point.

“22.3. The present delisting offer will be carried out through domestic stock exchange. Therefore, STT will be collected by the stock exchange and deducted from the amount of consideration payable to the shareholder.”

5 Likes

Hexaware: promoters have accepted discovered price of Rs 475 as the final exit price for delisting.

5 Likes

SO finally our thesis played out well and delisting gains are equally to what we initially expected. Congrats those who believed and participated in the story. Will be back with another story if I Find one.

16 Likes

Grateful to @Naresh, who bought it to the notice of the community and constantly kept the thread updated and patiently answered all the queries raised.

2 Likes

Well done Naresh. It was a good journey. why not take thelead in next delisting oppurtunities now. some other delistings are currently in progress

3 Likes

Congratulations to you and entire ValuePickr community! Would have been difficult without the discussions with everyone

1 Like

Received delisting contract note from my broker(zerodha). STT is deducted.

2 Likes

Hexaware Delisting: Next steps for shareholders who bid higher than delisting price

@Rafi_Syed Can you please explain what the above article contains? Only premium users can access it.

@Naresh

congratulations on identifying the hexaware story early on.
what do you think of xchanging technologies delisting
i have taken a minor position at around 66, now the price is 95
company has an ebit margin of 43% and pat margin is 35% this quarter

now owned by dxc technology which in turn is an hp owned company

Great entry Sir! I couldn’t play as whole concentration was on Hexa. The expected delisting price of exchanging is around 105-110. Since at this price we don’t have margin of safety, not playing. If the price comes around 75 odd level, this will be good bet. Your price offers margin of safety. Well played.

1 Like

@Naresh any view on Vedanta and Adani power . Still worth buying for delisting ?

1 Like

There was a LinkedIn article where the writer justified the relisting target of 250 based in certain logics. Need to find that as I didn’t save that. The problem with Vedanta and Adani Power is higher capital requirement to delist which doesn’t give comfort to play delisting situation.

1 Like