Deepen's Portfolio

Hi All,

I have started investing only 1-2 years back and I am still very much a passive investor. I am learning in depth these days.

My earlier portfolio prior to May had mostlyLarge Caps - Titan/ITC/GCPL/HCL/HUL/Yes Bank.

Some terrible mistakes in the form of IBREAL, Eros, Rashtriya Chemicals, Ashtavinayak Cine Vision etc. For some I had to book losses and for others the rally of last year cleaned my mistakes.

It was concentrated and leaning on 30% Titan, 30% IBREAL and others.

Request your feedback on my current portfolio. Most of the Stocks are added over last 3-4 months.

I am still conflicted over how many stocks should be part of my portfolio. Would appreciate the inputs/suggestions
Company Avg. Buy Price Portfolio Contribution
PTC INDIA FINANCIAL 33 9%
ASHIANA HOUSING 117 8%
CAN FIN HOMES 363 8%
TV TODAY 130 7%
AVANTI FEEDS 655 7%
HINDUSTAN MEDIA 141 6%
RELAXO FOOTWEAR 375 5%
KAVERI SEEDS 647 5%
FRESHTROP FRUITS 35 5%
SHRIRAM CITY UNION FINANCE 1487 5%
KITEX GARMENTS 234 5%
TRIGYN TECH 30 5%
FIEM INDUSTRIES 643 4%
STRIDES ARCOLAB 548 4%
MPS 380 4%
BHARAT FORGE 670 4%
PIRAMAL ENTERPRISES 584 4%
SHILPA MEDICARE 420 3%
Thanks,
Deepen

Hi Deepan, I think you have a very good collection of certain agressive fast growing mid/small cap names. But I would strongly recommend tracking quartely results and deciding accordingly instead of beingsignificantly passive. The reason being that some of these will tend to be very volatile during and after the results.

No idea about Trigyn tech though. Could you tell me the rational. Just looking at the EPS and without any more understanding, it seems to be a small cap trading at hefty valuation.

Trigyn was suggested by Mohit Satyanad -

In FY 2014 number, the PAT of Rs. 81 cr. translates to an EPS of 27, which means a PE ratio of a little over 1.8

Considering the extraordinary profits of 51 Cr owing to write-back of excessive losses, if PAT is adjusted downwards by this one-time gain, after adjusting for taxes at the companyâs effective tax rate (high at 37%), we end up with PAT, on an on-going basis, of Rs. 49 cr. for an EPS of 16. That still yields a PE of 2.5, which seems cheap.

On the numbers â in FY 10, the consolidated turnover was Rs. 195 cr, which grew to Rs. 452 cr. last year, a CAGR of 24 %. PAT, correspondingly, grew from Rs. 9.6 cr. to Rs. 49 cr â on the basis outlined above.

My 2 cents, where there is common interest with mine

)- Shilpa. Q1 was average but the long awaited usfdaapproval will blow it away. Great story here and u hv cushion at entry price

)- TV tdy - u hv cushion but see the latest thread here and there is some murkiness

MPS - great story

All in all you have a great PF with decent entry but will have to hang in for an year plus to make it perform

mostlyLarge Portfolio Contribution | 33 | 117 | 363 | 130 | 655 | 141 | 375 | 647 | 35 | 1487 | 234 | 30 | 643 | 548 | 4% | MPS | 380
670 | 584 | 420

I appreciate your inputs - Gaurav & Kalyan :slight_smile:

I have tried to consolidate and bring the portfolio down to 13 Companies.

Company Avg. Price Contribution
Ashiana Housing 127 11%
PTC Finance 33 9%
Kaveri Seeds 722 9%
Freshtrop Fruits 44 8%
Canfin Finance 363 8%
Kitex 234 8%
Trigyn 35 7%
MPS 406 7%
Shriram Transport 1487 5%
Saregama 146 5%
Fiem Industries 643 4%
Strides Arcolab 548 4%
Anuh Pharma 333 3%
Piramal Ent. 584 0.4%
Cash 11%

1) Waiting for good opportunities on Atul Auto & Manjushree Technopack

2) Increasing Allocation to FIEM, Saregama/MPS

3) Question Marks - Strides Arcolab & Anuh Pharma

Suggestions / inputs are invited :)

Thanks,

I know there is a thread on freshtrop friuts, but whats the story that you are so convinced about since its about 1/12th of your portfolio?

Thanks-Mahesh

Hi Mahesh,

It started with 5% of my portfolio. I have accumulated very recently.

Idea was brought forward by Ayush - Company is export oriented, niche, first mover advantage, advanced Technology.

Its an turnaround company after facing some headwinds in last 3-4 years.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-03-05/news/47933580_1_indian-grapes-sonaka-ashok-motiyani

Hi Deepen,

Just wanted to congratulate to for some really good picks that too a v gud entry prices. Although I think you shud try to concentrate your PF a bit. Stocks with 2/3 % wts, even after after tunring multibaggers - maja nahi aata hai ? it happened with me in cases like avanti etc, so Now I am trying to build really high conviction and allocate heavily, although still long way to got for me in this :slight_smile:

Cheers !

Hi Deepen,

Just wanted to congratulate you for some really good picks that too a v gud entry prices. Although I think you shud try to concentrate your PF a bit. Stocks with 2/3 % wts, even after after tunring multibaggers - maja nahi aata hai ? it happened with me in cases like avanti etc, so Now I am trying to build really high conviction and allocate heavily, although still long way to got for me in this :slight_smile:

Cheers !