Deepak's portfolio requesting feed back

Gold has breached 5000 due to Geopolitical tensions. Portfolio is 50% SGB and 50 % equity . I consider SGB akin to fixed deposit only problem being the lack of liquidity and the price not reflecting reality. For instance today the SGBJAN29 still goes at 4650. Not the case with GOLDBEES though.

on watchlist goodyear& kilpest. Not keen on financials as i have enough of HDFC, KOTAK, IDFC FIRST. Lucky to have got out of edelweiss , manappuram in portfolio rejig. Might reenter Manappuram as trading bet

Renewed the subscription with intelsense and started buying into the recommendations. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My latest portfolio

Instrument Net chg.
SGBJUN29II-GB 21.5%
SGBJAN29IX-GB 21.5%
SGBSEP29VI-GB 12.9%
KOTAKBANK 6.1%
IDFCFIRSTB 4.9%
KRBL 2.6%
SKIPPER 2.5%
HDFC 2.4%
APLLTD 2.0%
IDFC 2.0%
BANDHANBNK 1.9%
HINDUNILVR 1.8%
JUBLPHARMA 1.6%
KSCL 1.6%
STAR 1.6%
MARICO 1.3%
HDFCBANK 1.3%
KILPEST 1.1%
RAIN 1.1%
DALBHARAT 1.0%
HDFCAMC 1.0%
AMBIKCO 0.9%
GRANULES 0.8%
UJJIVAN 0.7%
PSPPROJECT 0.6%
CUMMINSIND 0.6%
KRSNAA 0.6%
MANAPPURAM 0.6%
MOTILALOFS 0.6%
REPCOHOME 0.4%
UJJIVANSFB 0.3%
DAAWAT 0.3%

With results of my holdings to commence , Iā€™m ready to rejig and bring down the holdings to 25.

with ujjivan reporting blockbuster growth and bandhan reporting a tepid one in the quarter ending reportā€¦ intent is to let go of both in near future and add to hdfc bank at these levels. Also would like to get to rid of repco since the thread of repco had already raised few read flags. Once this lull period ends banks are up for a rally hopefully(my horizon is very long ) . Most of them trading at very conservative BTV now

With US hiking the interest rates and gold crashing to 1650$ an ounce and rupee crashing to 82 levels compensating that, SGBs are a great cushion to have in one portfolio. expecting the lumpy return (one year of 30% return) from gold within next 3 years. so holding on to gold. if a severe market crash happens will move those to equity. my heart goes for the Investors in US who hold gold in lockers :slight_smile:

Keen on the result of skipper. The promotor kept coming up with so many reasons for underperformance. last quarter it was trading loss. LOL.

Booked minimal losses in krsnaa as thesis was broken . also booked profits in manappuram and LT foods to raise cash as allocation was minimal and not part of core portfolio.

Not making any additions as the fear of recession looms and correction in the broader market may present with a better buying opportunity but will press buy button if the results of IDA or any other core portfolio companies are above expected lines.

Started reading few books. Mostly HIteshā€™s recommendation. Yet to finish any :stuck_out_tongue:

william o neil
minervini
Technical analysis by Magee

Happen to read ā€˜Futurepreneursā€™ and was glad to find most of the 10 companies listed were in to datascience/ML

SGBJAN29 17.2%
SGBJUN29II-GB 17.1%
SGBSEP29 12.9%
IDFCFIRSTB 7.8%
KOTAKBANK 6.2%
KRBL 4.5%
SKIPPER 3.1%
IDFC 2.7%
HDFC 2.4%
INTELLECT 2.3%
HINDUNILVR 1.8%
KILPEST 1.8%
BANDHANBNK 1.7%
APLLTD 1.5%
STAR 1.5%
JUBLPHARMA 1.5%
KSCL 1.4%
MARICO 1.3%
HDFCBANK 1.2%
RAIN 1.2%
SATIA 1.1%
DALBHARAT 1.1%
UJJIVAN 1.1%
HDFCAMC 1.0%
AMBIKCO 0.8%
HBLPOWER 0.8%
PSPPROJECT 0.7%
CUMMINSIND 0.6%
REPCOHOME 0.6%
MOTILALOFS 0.5%
UJJIVANSFB 0.5%

Happen to run a 10 km run . will run a half marathon by next year.

2 Likes

Since the runup in gold prices bought few SGBā€™s as the price difference in secondary market and the actual price is almost 6-7%. This takes my gold holdings to 52% from the previous 46%. This quarterly results were good for my portfolio. Might weed out few next quarter.

As the quarter end report suggested Ujjivan came with blockbuster results and Bandhan came with poor results. (Read the previous post for result expectations). I dint act on it . Will I evolve and do something next time . lets see.

For sure the report that bank publishes end of each quarter is like watching the results coming a bit early

1 Like

Gold Equity ratio is at 55:45. Will move my gold holdings to equity if the market corrects by 1000 more points especially in the small mid cap space. Lot of ideas this time partly borrowed from Basumallickā€™s equity servies , this forum and in my holdings itself. Definitely wont add up financials as equity portfolio now is heavily tilted in its favor

1 Like

Since everyone is coming up with yearly performance, my overall portfolio is up 16% but the returns are over two year period with lot of profit booking last year which i havenā€™t included in my portfolio returns. I guess I started to develop my own style over the years.

Gold forming a chunk of portfolio which serves as a piggy bank whenever i want to dip in. Was able to increase my allocation to IDFC First by 3X times by moving the money from SGB. Also I feel this decade belongs to gold, perils of reading too much kitco gold and macroeconomics. With so much debt piling up in US balance sheet, consumption of gold increasing manifold, Many central banks moving to gold as reserve currency etcā€¦

Interesting anecdote. 1 Argentina peso=15 Rs in 2003 and now in 2023 its 50 paisa. I donā€™t know why Argentina is so excited to win the world cup :frowning:

Blue chips forming the next chunk. HUL, Kotak, HDFC, Marico etcā€¦

Next comes the small/ mid cap bets. I will hence forth classify them as cyclicals, deep value, core bets etcā€¦

Will rejig my portfolio this year and will fine tune my process. Will also look to finish reading the book on technical analysis. lets see.

I will be running 10k in Chennai marathon this Sunday. Have a great year everybody

3 Likes

Sold few holding to raise cash for an expense thatā€™s coming up. Since the credit cycle is going good will give one more year to the laggards bandhan and repco before cutting them lose

SGBJUN29II-GB 21.0%
SGBJAN29IX-GB 14.9%
SGBSEP29 14.9%
IDFCFIRSTB 6.5%
KOTAKBANK 4.8%
SKIPPER 3.8%
KRBL 3.6%
FLUOROCHEM 2.7%
INTELLECT 2.5%
IDFC 2.5%
SGBJAN28 2.3%
HDFC 2.3%
KILPEST 1.7%
HINDUNILVR 1.5%
DHPIND 1.4%
KSCL 1.3%
AMBIKCO 1.3%
BANDHANBNK 1.2%
HDFCBANK 1.2%
APLLTD 1.1%
MARICO 1.0%
UJJIVAN 0.9%
RAIN 0.9%
ASAHIINDIA 0.8%
HDFCAMC 0.8%
SATIA 0.8%
HBLPOWER 0.5%
GRANULES 0.5%
REPCOHOME 0.5%
UJJIVANSFB 0.5%
UNIPARTS 0.4%

Hi ,

Thanks for sharing the PF.

Can you please suggest why ASAHI India is selected?

Thanks,
Satish

Asahi has 75ā„… market share in automotive glass segment. So its my proxy in auto industry

1 Like

Below is my updated portfolio. sold off few equities and SGB to raise money for my euro vacation. Finally its possible to have a euro vacation with Indian salary :smile: . Decided to continue with intelsense. Yesterday went through ā€™ Apples and Orangesā€™ by @sahil_vi (my favorite investor) during my walk. I think it would keep me busy for a couple more walks (depends on the length/time i walk). Portfolio returns is at 22% and as i have mentioned its absolute returns not yearly CAGR or XIRR.

Instrument Percentage
SGBJAN29 15.7%
SGBJUNE29 13.1%
SGBSEP29VI-GB 10.6%
IDFCFIRSTB 7.9%
KOTAKBANK 5.9%
SKIPPER 4.6%
KRBL 3.8%
FLUOROCHEM 3.7%
INTELLECT 3.2%
PPLPHARMA 2.8%
IDFC 2.8%
SGBJ28VIII-GB 2.6%
KILPEST 2.0%
AMBIKCO 1.7%
HDFCAMC 1.7%
KSCL 1.6%
HINDUNILVR 1.5%
ASAHIINDIA 1.5%
DHPIND 1.5%
SATIA 1.5%
BANDHANBNK 1.3%
HDFCBANK 1.3%
APLLTD 1.3%
UJJIVAN 1.1%
MARICO 1.1%
RAIN 1.0%
DRREDDY 0.8%
HBLPOWER 0.7%
GRANULES 0.6%
UJJIVANSFB 0.5%
UNIPARTS 0.4%
ICICIGI 0.3%

Have updated my portfolio below. Sold off few more junk. Also happen to sell of few SGB, will revisit gold later. Allocation to gold has come down to 35%. Portfolio returns crossed 30% for the first time and still I couldnā€™t convince my family on investing in markets :smile: . I have been inspired by few of our investors posting their returns (if they can do it over a period consistently then we can give it a try too). With cooling inflation, benign interest rate, current account surpluses and investment in infra , I think we should all do well barring an unfortunate event in 2024.

Will get rid of Bandhan at an opportune moment. Extended my subscription to intelsense by another 2 years and that might give me few ideas in the coming year and next. I still hugely believe you should take some profits off the table but also not derail the momentum(i know i sound confusing). May be inaction till next quarter result. Read Pat Dorsey book by then.

Have been going for yoga classes past two months and thatā€™s the best thing I have done all this year.

Instrument Percentage
SGBJAN29IX-GB 12.6%
SGBJUN29II-GB 12.6%
IDFCFIRSTB 8.9%
IDFC 3.0%
SGBSEP29 8.4%
KOTAKBANK 5.2%
SKIPPER 4.9%
INTELLECT 4.0%
PPLPHARMA 3.4%
KRBL 3.3%
FLUOROCHEM 3.2%
SGBJAN28 2.5%
ASAHIINDIA 2.0%
ANGELONE 1.8%
KILPEST 1.8%
HDFCAMC 1.7%
AMBIKCO 1.6%
HINDUNILVR 1.5%
KSCL 1.4%
UJJIVAN 1.4%
UJJIVANSFB 0.6%
SATIA 1.4%
BANDHANBNK 1.3%
APLLTD 1.3%
SUNTECK 1.2%
DHPIND 1.2%
HDFCBANK 1.1%
MARICO 1.1%
RAIN 0.9%
DRREDDY 0.9%
HBLPOWER 0.8%
ICICIGI 0.7%
NATCOPHARM 0.6%
GRANULES 0.5%
BHARATFORG 0.4%
UNIPARTS 0.4%
1 Like

Many are below 1% allocation. Unless they are for tracking purpose, suggest either increasing them or exiting them.

2 Likes

Sold Bandhan and angel one in mean time and bought more of Kotak. the gains in angel one offset the losses in Bandhan.

Had to sell Bandhan since there have been no respite in this quarterā€™s result too. Angel one because of the new clause which might hinder new additions into F&O. Portfolio absolute returns in mid 30ā€™s.

Tomorrow the Piramal pharma result will let me decide whether to keep it or discard it and since the rights issue is also up, I hope the result would be in the right direction.

Sold off piramal pharma after the results. my recent 10 km run was 70 mins and prior to that 80 mins. the podcast of pharma sector, chemical sector, electronics etcā€¦ and others to keep me company in my future walks. Lots to learn. Feels like Iā€™m just tagging along Indiaā€™s growth story with lot of my blunders forgiven in this rampaging bull run :smile:

1 Like

Portfolio returns breached 40% mark. Subscribed to Piramal pharma rights issue for more than Iā€™m entitled for and got all of them. looks like I had been conservative in subscribing. Sitting on cash, i might go with hdfc and kotak or buy more of sgbjan28 or do nothing. Also would get some cash in the krbl buyback lets see.

Instrument Allocation
SGBJUNE29 10.9%
SGBJAN29 10.9%
SGBSEP29 7.4%
SGBJAN28 2.2%
IDFCFIRSTB 9.3%
IDFC 3.0%
KOTAKBANK 7.0%
SKIPPER 5.9%
INTELLECT 4.3%
KRBL 3.2%
FLUOROCHEM 3.0%
KILPEST 2.2%
ASAHIINDIA 2.2%
HDFCAMC 1.9%
HDFCBANK 1.8%
CARYSIL 1.8%
SUNTECK 1.8%
NATCOPHARM 1.7%
SATIA 1.6%
UJJIVAN 1.6%
AMBIKCO 1.5%
APLLTD 1.4%
KSCL 1.4%
VINATIORGA 1.3%
HBLPOWER 1.3%
HINDUNILVR 1.2%
DHPIND 1.1%
MARICO 1.0%
DRREDDY 1.0%
RAIN 0.8%
PDSL 0.8%
UJJIVANSFB 0.7%
ICICIGI 0.7%
PPLPHARMA 0.6%
BHARATFORG 0.5%
GRANULES 0.5%
UNIPARTS 0.4%

participated in KRBL buy back and invested the proceeds in Kotak ,HDFC and sgbjan28 . Another result season to start in a weekā€™s time. Fully invested other than the 10% cash I had kept aside in FD for a Corona like situation. Met a previous colleage of mine last week and was discussing work stuff. Got to know her salary had gone 3X in 3 years. Definitely a sign of the prosperity in India.

Planning a week off this month to Kashmir (srinagar- gulmargh-sonmargh-pahalgam) with in-laws . People who had been there DM me the must do things in October :wink:

1 Like

Sold off some SGB and the allocation is less than 25% now. Regret not buying Angel one again when the F&O data came in .

Instrument Size
SGBJUNE29 11.2%
SGBJAN29IX-GB 10.5%
SGBJAN28 3.8%
IDFCFIRSTB 9.2%
IDFC 3.2%
KOTAKBANK 9.0%
SKIPPER 6.3%
INTELLECT 4.1%
FLUOROCHEM 2.9%
KILPEST 2.8%
SUNTECK 2.4%
ASAHIINDIA 2.3%
CARYSIL 2.3%
HDFCAMC 2.2%
HINDUNILVR 2.2%
HDFCBANK 2.2%
UJJIVAN 1.9%
UJJIVANSFB 0.8%
KSCL 1.8%
KRBL 1.8%
SATIA 1.7%
NATCOPHARM 1.6%
APLLTD 1.5%
PDSL 1.5%
HBLPOWER 1.5%
AMBIKCO 1.4%
VINATIORGA 1.3%
DHPIND 1.1%
DRREDDY 1.0%
MARICO 1.0%
UNIPARTS 0.9%
RAIN 0.8%
ICICIGI 0.7%
PPLPHARMA 0.6%
GRANULES 0.6%
3 Likes

Holding in SGB has gone down to 18% of the portfolio. Have added Aegis logistics and EIH ltd. Wanted to play the hotel theme for long long time, will rue missing Indian hotels in 2 digits. But those were early days and the portfolio size that time was 1/10th of what its now. Had to sell SGB as Iā€™m not able to add funds to the portfolio so capital reallocation happening the time being. Quite optimistic on the Indian growth story. Huge risk for the time being 1. Geo political risk. War contagion worsening. 2. West going into stagflation mode due to the high interest rate and high inflation scenario. If the market crashes further the SGB allocation will down further. (little counter intuitive though. Gold is supposed to do well in risky times).Realized off late Gold prices are highly manipulated. Especially living in a country like ours where there is a vibrant economy we can worry less about the currency risk. Having said that Gold has served its purpose and I had 22-24% return in this 2 yrs.

Instrument Size
KOTAKBANK 10.80%
IDFCFIRSTB 8.40%
IDFC 2.90%
SGBJAN29IX-GB 7.50%
SGBJUN29II-GB 6.60%
SGBJ28VIII-GB 3.80%
SKIPPER 6.50%
INTELLECT 4.40%
KILPEST 2.80%
FLUOROCHEM 2.70%
AEGISCHEM 2.60%
CARYSIL 2.60%
HDFCBANK 2.60%
EIHOTEL 2.50%
SUNTECK 2.30%
ASAHIINDIA 2.10%
HDFCAMC 2.10%
HINDUNILVR 2.10%
SATIA 1.90%
VINATIORGA 1.90%
KSCL 1.80%
UJJIVAN 1.80%
UJJIVANSFB 0.80%
KRBL 1.70%
AMBIKCO 1.50%
HBLPOWER 1.50%
APLLTD 1.40%
NATCOPHARM 1.40%
DHPIND 1.10%
DRREDDY 1.00%
MARICO 0.90%
UNIPARTS 0.90%
ICICIGI 0.70%
PPLPHARMA 0.70%
RAIN 0.70%
GRANULES 0.60%

you have many stocks with 1 or less than 1% holding. why?