Deep Value Portfolio

HDFC Bank Update: All gains over past few weeks wiped out by 4 percent fall. (6 perc down in last 2 sessions)
Update on HDFC Ltd book after merger. Gross non-individual NPAs spiked from 2.9 to 6+ percent due to banking standards. A 20k cr+ hit to the bottom line for HDFC Bank. Came as a surprise to me. I thought HDFC Ltd wont be having any hidden NPAs, it seems like I was wrong.
Still continuing with HDFC Bank. PS: HDFC Bank is not actually under deep value category, but the truth of current market is, there is no deep value stock available in the market, so we need to make the most of whatever is available. We cant say when the market will eventually cool off.

1 Like

Even with this near term negatives, HDFC Ltd would a Co that respects 17-17-17 i.e growth, ROE and P/E. In fact the Roe and Growth rates could be little higher . Long track record is an added benefit

1 Like

Hdfc bank continues to crack but holding tight, added some more positions, roughly 13 percent of my portfolio now.
Vedanta cracks 6.5 percent to 208.5. Initiated position in it. Hold around 3 percent.

1 Like

Also pfc continues to do well. Still the cheapest stock by valuation among big players

The last couple of weeks has been all about … Pfc.
Finally I would say it is out of cheap valuation category.
From 26th Oct to 13th nov (roughly 2.5 weeks). Pfc is now 320 from 230!!

It’s now 1.1x book value, pe of 5.5, it’s tarting to lend in infra projects which I am not sure about. We have riden the wave on pfc from 110 (before bonus, bonus adjusted it would be 88) to 320 now with some profit booking :frowning: (/diversification, in this case it worked as deworsification :joy:)!!

But now I feel, the time is ripe for not being overweight on pfc. No one knows where the momentum will take pfc, but atleast it is not extremely undervalued now.

1 Like

Both Wockhardt and Spicejet up.30 percent since i posted in end aug…but i thik they could have long way to go for those who can bear full on risk…

Spicejet zoomed up to 52 rupees today…I wonder who is buying ?
I read reports in newspapers that plane was possessed by lessor Carlyle in Dubai recently which i rhouggt was strange because Carlyle had taken 7.5percent stake in airline earlier on this year…

The press seems to be saying that they they may get funding from 2 sources…of 1500cr…Will this be enough to keep.them going ?

Spicejet: Hard to say about future, the share has spiked a lot, but I don’t have much visibility on its earnings trajectory. Net worth is -ve.
But considering the consolidation in the industry, I hope it would easier to make money now than a decade earlier?
Disc: Not invested

Thanks for your opinion…I feel that the indian aviation space is very exciting now and fares will stay high…There is an issue with airbus neo engines that are being forced to go through new checks so this has and will keep a lot of planes out of action…Luckily for Spicejet it doesnt seem to have Airbus only Boeing and Dash etc.
Also I think Spicejet comcentrates a lot on the more secondary and tertiary cities so will tap nicely the lower middle class travel…
Its a risk at this price but I think the shares have chance to go much higher especially with the oil price weakness .

2 Likes

Depending on how you look at things in life, we could basically describe everything as a risk of some sort. If you sense value in it, you should probably go for it and give it a bit more trust :slight_smile: Just my thoughts.

2 Likes

Where did you find this data? Request you to share the source.

It’s old data. In one of the updates on merger, they shared this information.

1 Like