Core Education & Technologies

Any views on Core Education & Technologies with shares falling down from Rs. 288 on Feb 25 to Rs. 60 today? Consolidated Book Value at end of Sep 2012 Q is 1,790 crores or about Rs. 160.

Sounds like fundamentally company has no issues. Half year consolidated EPS @ Rs. 13.33 and last year FY 2012 EPS at 28.

Further management released this statement yesterday:CORE Education & Technologies Ltd has informed BSE that:

"CORE Education & Technologies Ltd., are listed on the BSE 500 Index under the symbol COREEDUTEC within Group A.

The Companyâs scrip witnessed unusually high volumes of trading along with a steep fall in the share price today.

In reference to the same, we would like to clarify that none of the shares that the Company has pledged with financial institutions has been sold and the Company has confirmed with all the financial institutions that they continue to hold the same. The Companyâs business model continues to be intact with its strong order book of around Rs. 1,000 crores from India spanning across next 5 years and about Rs. 540 crores from USA."

In the previous fall of 2009 I bought this on a friend’s tip when it had crashed due to FII selling. Bought at 49, 39 and 45 and sold first at 140 and remaining 210. Of course, I invested only a small amount. I am tempted to enter again below 50.

Reasoning is that it may not bounce to 300, but at least it should bounce back to 100. Of course it is a risky call and one can only take a small position. And here the learning at Valuepickr comes to mind, “If it is going to be a small proportion of the portfolio what difference would it make to overall returns? Then is it worth a bet?”

The Education industry is not a clean industry as we discussed in another thread.

Educomp also has crashed 8.3% today.

Its good to put up a synopsis of the core value proposition - positives, negatives, risks, interesting points - about the business. This serves as the starting piece - that influences 2nd level deeper discussions.

Else this discussion can easily generate into subjective opinions. Would request A Shah or Akbar (I assume you guys are familiar with the fundamentals of teh business) if you want to investigate this properly, please put that up, first.

Nothing very detailed is needed. But a proper first-level analysis. One can easily refer to published reports and prepare a small synopis. You can add a review from what teh numbers tell us. Then fellow members can/should get interested to dissect if indeed there is a real opportunity, or better left alone. CEBBCO - is a recent case discussion that comes to mind.

-Donald

relevant news…?

Shares of Core Education & Technologies, ABG Shipyard, DB Realty, Welspun Corp and Orbit, which are part of Sanjay Dangiâs portfolio, hit their 52-week low today. Market rumours are that the speculative operator has gone bust due to margin pressures.

Hey Donald - had no background info on the company, just saw its price flashing on TV so posted a query on the board to see if fellow boarders were tracking / following the company.

It is just after HG’s post I realized that it has been associated with an operator.

I apologize for not being able to put up any analysis, as a matter of fact that is the very reason I posted my query here.

If you feel like my query will lead to subjective opinions on this thread, please go ahead and delete it. I will not be offended in any way.

Thanks,

AS

Friends, would advice caution. Had looked at this co in past and feel its manipulated.

Hi,

Stock Opportunity Forum needs to be used with discretion. You should initiate any company thread under Stock Opportunity (Special Situations, or any other) you are expected to build/present the case for it - and then invite for discussion.

If you are merely asking a query on a company/pointing to a current market opportunity/contrarian bet for a company not being discussed in-depth at ValuePickr, the best place for that is inCompany Q&Asection.

Members - Appreciate if you all can take the trouble of re-posting your query/replies there, after A Shah reposts. (We believe there is value in every query, so please take the trouble again; many others are sure to benefit).

Thanks for you co-operation. This way we may be able to keep up the in-depth discussion quality levels (ValuePickr is known for), at the same time allow considerable creative/intellectual freedom, but at appropriate designated places.

why this stock is still falling after reasonably good results?